El Bucanero

The HMS Unpredictable

thindexedgif.gif 13d

I just created a new frigate... you can see it here. Feel free to review my ship, please tell me what you think of it or what I need to change, more pictures to be added soon!

MOC page

mr_tibers_frigate.jpg

Yes I am Mr phes, I only don't know what's the best way to add sails....maybe I'll use paper or cloth

Yes I am Mr phes, I only don't know what's the best way to add sails....maybe I'll use paper or cloth

looks pretty good!

One of the best sail materials that i ever used i picked up at a fabric store (i dont know where you are from, but in the states we have a store chain called jo-ann fabric on the east coast, this is where i get most of mine from) There is a type of fabric, and the name escapes me that is VERY similar to original lego sail, slightly thicker, but almsot not noticable. The best part is, this fabric comes in the same lined patterns as original lego BSB or CC sails... only in all diferent colors... I have also seen it in black, white, grey, canvas, and rose. I wish i could remember what it was called exactly, but if you were to go to a fabric store and ask for canvas like fabric the employee could probably point you to some options... I wish i could dig up some picks of a few ships i made with it... it looks really good.

Looks good! I like the fact that it's heavily armed, but doesn't look too packed with cannons, which happens to many ship MOCs. The proportions are right.

It definitely needs sails! Make some, even paper, and you'll see it will look a lot better with them!

My traditional question will be: does it have any interior? And if so, can we see it?

Thanks for the comments! I will start with answering Mr Dreamwebs tradional question X-D: yes, it has got interior and yes you may see it! I will add more pictures of the interior and the ship with sails soon, please note that this ship is still a Work in Proggres.

May I recommend to you Evil Willy's Making Sails Tutorial? Its our most complete and comprehensive step by step guide on creating sails so check it out and if you have any sail related questions then ask them in that thread and all the sail making experts will hone in on it in a matter days - well in theory anyway...

To be honest, That's not the only blue gunport X-D . My brickshelf folder isn't public yet, so here is a deeplink to the ship with sails, for a first immpression ;-)

As I expected, it looks much better now. As I saw on the older pictures, you're mixing bluecoats with redcoats and normal sailors (those who look like pirates but don't have to be pirates :-) ) - that's OK. The whole ship is now really impressive - I will never have enough of large Lego men-o-war.

::Claps::

BRAVO!

Thats why i love this board, so many good designers, i can just look and drool. Sails look good!

Here Mr Tiber I have resized the image of your ship so you can post it in threads...

mr_tibers_frigate.jpg

Thank you mr Phes, how do you resize images that are too large? What program do you use?

I'm glad you like it!

There are many programs you can use for image editing and Photoshop is the most popular. I prefer Fireworks myself but if you have Windows you should have a program called Paint found in the Accessories menu off the Programs Menu found in the Start Menu.

I.e. Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint

When you load the image in paint go to the pull down menus and select:

Image -> Stretch/Skew and the resize dialogue box will appear.

If you've got a Mac then I'm not the one to be asking!

Ah right thanks mr Phes, I'm a windows user and i do have paint, well my brickshelf folder is public now, and you can see it here

Ah yes it is a nice picture :-) I call it birds-eye, when a bird is shot! ;-)

That ain't a bird's-eye, this is a bird's eye.

What a great ship. I echo the positive comments of those before, I think you scale looks right on.

I do like the "white line" you were able to continue around the ship. This is often difficult to pull off with the brown hull and black sides. I also was wondering about the side window and it's placement, but again, this is a beautiful MOC.

Thanks for sharing!

When I was looking at your photo at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1898587 I wondered if the side windows were at the knee level of the soliders on the deck. If so are there steps down to the cabin from the deck? (I couldn't really tell)

That's all that meant with the placement, it could have also been the angle of the photo.

At any rate I love your MOC and I can't wait for the photos of the cabin and interior!

Makes a lot more sense. After I looked at it closer I figured there had to be steps, just hard to see in black. The ship is awesome really so don't change it too much if you do. I'm glad the decals work for you, I've got some more that I haven't posted yet that I'll try to send you.

Thanks again for a great ship!

Mr Tiber, I'm wondering if you could be so kind as to place our promotional image on your MOCpage...

_discuss_pirate_lego.jpg