Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Jabba's Skiff

Skiffs are general repulsorlift vehicles featuring an open deck with a control station at the rear of the vehicle.

Desert skiffs such as those owned by Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine are fitted with sand filters and enhanced engine cooling systems.

Jabba's skiffs also had extendable gangplanks where enemies where forced to walk the plank

and usually found themselves in the gullet of the mighty Sarlacc.

JabbasSkiff-a00-024x800.jpg

JabbasSkiff-a06-004x800.jpg

Front view

JabbasSkiff-a05-005x800.jpg

Top view

JabbasSkiff-a02-002x800.jpg

1) Armor plating

2) Thrust nozzles

3) Steering vanes

4) Repulsor drive unit

5) Control station unit

6) The plank

7) Guard rails

8) Seat/storage compartment

Side view

JabbasSkiff-a03-023x800.jpg

Back views

JabbasSkiff-a08-010x800.jpg

JabbasSkiff-a07-008x800.jpg

Skiff guards

JabbasSkiff-a12-015x800.jpg

AC

PS. As usual, click the pics for more details! And don't forget to check out the speeder if you haven't seen it yet.

Edited by ACPin

Great MOC! I really love the fact that it doesn't show much studs. It really has a smooth look to it. And with all your recent tatoine MOC. Do I feel a large dio with all things in it?

I really like this, you've captured the look of the skiff perfectly! If I had to make one criticism, it would be the red hands! They draw my eye to them in every picture, making it difficult to concentrate to the excellent detail you've worked so hard on!

Again, great entry, good luck :)

Kaitan

Another great entry. :thumbup:

Smallest suggestion, a bigger plank. I t just hasn't got the feel of it to me.

Other than that it's great.

Not to nitpick but Jabba is a mob boss. The contest is for "Be that a Bounty Hunter, Jedi or Sith."

Now you can blur the lines and say that the skiff belongs to one of Jabba's bounty hunters.

Very cool, it's so similar to the original design, yet so much better.

Wow, great MOC ACPin! I really like how that dark grey color looks, it is a pretty good substitution for a tan color.

Not to nitpick but Jabba is a mob boss. The contest is for "Be that a Bounty Hunter, Jedi or Sith."

Now you can blur the lines and say that the skiff belongs to one of Jabba's bounty hunters.

my exact thoughts. nice design btw.

Great job on this Desert Skiff AC, this one is definitely much much better than the 7104 one. Nice use of those rare (dark tan?) colored pieces.

Do I feel a large dio with all things in it?

I have a feeling we'll see it as part of this. :wink:

Great MOC! I really love the fact that it doesn't show much studs. It really has a smooth look to it. And with all your recent tatoine MOC. Do I feel a large dio with all things in it?

Tried as much as possible to get the sleek, smooth look from end to end. You just have to wait and see what comes next! :grin:

I really like this, you've captured the look of the skiff perfectly! If I had to make one criticism, it would be the red hands! They draw my eye to them in every picture, making it difficult to concentrate to the excellent detail you've worked so hard on!

Again, great entry, good luck :)

Kaitan

I've actually got the Hasbro skiff which I used as a reference model for this. Just noticed what you meant about the red hands, so try harder! :laugh:

Another great entry. :thumbup:

Smallest suggestion, a bigger plank. I t just hasn't got the feel of it to me.

Other than that it's great.

Nah, the plank's good as I've tried for a longer one at first and didn't like it.

Jabba maybe the owner of the skiff but I doubt you'll ever see him ride it. :laugh: It's his bunch of bounty hunters, smugglers and other scoundrels that actually ride it. :wink:

Very cool, it's so similar to the original design, yet so much better.

The similarity was unintentional as I've used the Hasbro skiff as reference model in building this. What I wanted to capture the most were the little details (bottom sloping, vanes, back thrusters, etc) and yet not overkill in the general design.

Wow, great MOC ACPin! I really like how that dark grey color looks, it is a pretty good substitution for a tan color.

The Hasbro skiff is more moss green (kinda fatigue army color) rather than tan which would make it look pale.

my exact thoughts. nice design btw.

^Ditto^ That's mostly old dark gray. :sweet:

Great job on this Desert Skiff AC, this one is definitely much much better than the 7104 one. Nice use of those rare (dark tan?) colored pieces.

I have a feeling we'll see it as part of this. :wink:

No dark tan pieces on this, just old dark gray and new dark bluish gray with black details. You'll just have to wait like everybody else. :devil: