Triborough

Doctor Who Season 6 Minifigs

I did this up a few weeks ago, minifig versions of The Doctor, Amy Pond, Rory Williams, River Song, and Canton Everett Delaware III. I did up a quick and dirty TARDIS and am trying to figure out how to do up a better one. This is all 100% Lego.

5651224544_46664713b7_z.jpg

Doctor Who: Series 6 by Triborough, on Flickr

My custom elements are largely created with epoxy putty. Some items are built up over a base provided by a butchered Lego element. For instance, starting with a cut-down Lego hair piece gives a reliable joint between the custom hair element and the Lego head. Another trick is to start with a cut-down spear or lightsabre blade for a custom sword or anything else that has to fit in a minifig's hand.

essex lexus Dealers

Rory is the best, A very simple and recognisable figure. Don't like the Doc though. Should be Brown rweed jacket, and black trousers.

Are you doing a silent?

Unless you have and you've forgot to post it/ It's there but we can't remember :P

Nice job, and extra credit for staying purist with these.

I think out of these, Canton looks most true to the source. Rory is otherwise good, but he needs to have a face with more personality in it (something a bit goofier, perhaps?).

For the females, I think Ginny Weasley's new hair is the perfect and thus only choice for Amy, so you should've gone with that instead. Your River's face is a great choice, but again, the hairpiece is not really suitable for her.

As for The Doctor, the clothes you've put on him look the part, but the face is all wrong. He's not grumpy or angry like that at all. I'm digging the sonic screwdriver, though.

So please, do work on these some more, and you'll really hit the mark. :wink:

Are you doing a silent? Unless you have and you've forgot to post it It's there but we can't remember :P

Haha that good.

I think the Doc looks a bit serious though.

I am working on a revision to these and adding a Nixon.

They are all well done, and I can't wait to see your updates :classic:

Really really good job Triborough on the updates! I like how you added Rory in his Roman getup and Amy too! :) I see you could not find a replacement hair for River, but that's okay, she still looks pretty good.

-Puck :wink:

Edited by Puck

Pretty good. River's outfit is great, though you could have Granger's hair from Harry Potter in blonde. Plus, the Doctor NEEDS a different face.

Rory is the best, A very simple and recognisable figure. Don't like the Doc though. Should be Brown rweed jacket, and black trousers.

Are you doing a silent?

Unless you have and you've forgot to post it/ It's there but we can't remember :P

I think the Silence would be hard to do considering their head shapes.

Considering what?

I think a Mels, a Graig Owens and a 10th Doctor would be awesome.

And in the March/April 2012 issue of LEGO Club, I saw a perfect Rose Tyler minifig.

Any news on the new companion?

And in the March/April 2012 issue of LEGO Club, I saw a perfect Rose Tyler minifig.

Coud you post a pic? I'm currently working on 10th Doctor and Rose Tyler's minifigs and it would be helpful! :classic:

Coud you post a pic? I'm currently working on 10th Doctor and Rose Tyler's minifigs and it would be helpful! :classic:

Sadly, I don't have a pic. It did have Prince Dastan's hair in blonde, if that helps.

I like to use the Popstar hair piece for Riversong. It is a tad long, but the colour and wave are more accurate.

20247thA.jpgpopstar-lego-minifigures-series-2-8684.jpg

Love the updated versions!!!

Ginny's hair totally makes that Amy Pond work. Great choice! I really like your Nixon too--I wasn't sure how you'd make him work, but that's a simple, but really good proto-nasty Nixon.

I love the clothing you've chosen for River's torso--what about either Han Solo legs or a cowboy/western legs for her? That would give her the leg holster that I seem to remember her wearing. Or, I could be totally wrong. Ha! And keep trying to find a better hairpiece--that pop star seems closer...still the dirty blonde color, but with more volume.

In any case--great job. I love what you're doing. :thumbup:

I know how to do a better version of the sonic. Take a lightsaber hilt, put the end with the four little things coming out, then put a light green stud on it. If it's for the 11th Doctor, use a black hilt. If the 9th or 10th, use a light grey hilt and dark blue stud.

Oh, and here's a Batman decal.post-23849-133495145371.jpg

And I agree with jedikermit. Han Solo's legs would be better.

I like to use the Popstar hair piece for Riversong. It is a tad long, but the colour and wave are more accurate.

What about Andrea from Friends' hair? It might be a bit too dark, but the shape seems right to me.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Awesome minifigs, they are quite accurate .... Being a big Doctor Who fan and have just stumbled upon this site, i have a lot of Doctor Who builds to post.