Sign in to follow this  
Tjardo

lego shipwreck island

dear eurobrick members,

I have 1 question i want to make a shipwreck moc of my imperial flagship but i dont got any ideas. can anyone help me?

my english isnt all to good becuz i dont talk it much :p

dear eurobrick members,

I have 1 question i want to make a shipwreck moc of my imperial flagship but i dont got any ideas. can anyone help me?

my english isnt all to good becuz i dont talk it much :p

I'd say a shipwreck MOC (or rather MOD I would say) is a very good idea. What kind of help do yo want? Help with the used technique or help with the creative part of it?

Maybe sounds a bit horrifying, but

Drop the flagship

Stick the parts on a blue baseplate and start from there.

I'm even afraid to post this .. but here you go.

Bart

You might find some inspiration when you take a look at the offical LEGO pirate sets. This one here is actually called "Shipwrecked Island": http://www.peeron.com/scans/6296-1 .

The instruction manuals from LEGO System pirate sets typically have alternate part configurations, so you may find some ideas there as well, especially in the ship instructions. One example is here: http://www.peeron.com/scans/6250-1/16

It would probably be best if you start with a 32x32 blue plate, then put some yellow/tan plates for beach or grey bricks for a rocky reef on it. Vegetation like a palmtree and small plants can be added too. I would include at least one large mast from the former ship that gets used as a lookout. Also, a little hut made from one of the ship's hull sections or the cabin sounds good. Try to go for an interesting layout by adding little bits of wreckage here and there, as well as a hungry shark roaming the waters around the wrecked ship and the unlucky sailors holding on to it :shark:

Some survivors are most likely commanded by the captain to save the chest full of spanish gold from sinking along with the rest of the ship, so be sure to include a few minifigs!

Edited by Cherno