Blackknight112

search for the pirate

thindexedgif.gif 182C

hello, since the new potc sets came out am I a fan of Lego pirates. Here is my first MOC I made other then star wars. I wanted to make it bigger, but sadly I don't have a lot of green pieces and I have to BL some. Sorry if the quality of the pics isn't great, and I don't have removed the backgroung, because I'm not a photoshop hero.

but here it is:

5699235289_9aeb6d4d1a.jpg

They army is on a search for an escaped pirate. Can you spot him?

5699235303_ac7e33b624.jpg

5699235311_00aab42a05.jpg

5699235317_9bb6f7279b.jpg

I think this MOC turned out ok. I might going to change the rock, and remove the BURP and replace it with normal dark bley bricks. i think the tree turned out nice. i used the ''old western fort pieces, to make the 5 sided shape.

Feedback is always welcome.

Good first Pirate MOC. The tree and the water are especially nice.

The flesh soldiers look good as well, but perhaps yellow epaulettes would have looked better (if you have them) to make them look less white.

The grey "wall" all around the MOC looks very professional, but maybe it could be even lower so it doesn't look like a wall.

Still, good job :thumbup:

Great scene Blackknight112. I like the landscaping and the tree is also nice looking. Only thing wich i would change is those two redcoats faces so at the older face is on the Commander or what ever hes rank might be. Excellent work overall.

Captain Becker

"He's behind the tree... ya walked right past him, dummy!"

no really, i love this one, so simple yet so well done. particularly like the tree trunk. like how you captured the motion of the solders too. great job!

Great job mate!!!! My only qualm with this moc, and it might just be me, but I do not like any facial hair on my red coats soldiers... I would think they would all be clean shaven...the standard...

hey nice job you did! i like the technique you've been using on the tree. btw, it's callled "palisade" brick.

Edited by Dick-Trom

Good job! I'd only add some sand or rocks by the water, grass just over the water doesn't look very natural :pir-blush:

I like this, what I do like are the solders and their white shoulder pads on the red uniform, it actually looks really good. Might have to do a whole troop like that.

Looks cool to me! :thumbup:

The tree is very creative, as is the river bank. Nice photo quality too!

I would only change the 1x1 green brick, surrounded by slopes in the last picture to a bley one. I would keep the BURP!

Excellent.