Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

AT-AS (all terrain all spaces) Fighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi everybody, long time has passed since I last posted a MOC in this forum.

Anyway, here is my entry for the Hybridfighter Contest on FBTB: it's an AT-AS (all terrain all spaces) Fighter built from an ARC Fighter and an AT-TE Walker.

5693220142_3c405dc847.jpg

AT-AS_Fighter_001 di LuxorV, su Flickr

5693220492_93a65d052d.jpg

AT-AS_Fighter_002 di LuxorV, su Flickr

And a link to the Flickr set.

'LuxorV' this is totally AWESOME - I love it ! :wub::laugh:

The weapons are fantastic, the walkers feet must be landing gear, but the colouring is just perfect ! :grin:

Good luck, I think you have a winner there and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

Im not feeling the AT-TE so much other than the feet and the main cannon.

I think the dark blue colors are throwing it off for me. The AT-TE has some dark red as well as the ARC fighter.

When I saw this picture, I thought of an ARC fighter had a child with a AAT due to the shape of the ARC and the dark bley with dark blue pieces.

Very nice Hybrid entry LuxorV! I really like the fusion of the ARC-170 and the AT-TE in this build, both are instantly recognizable and equally complementary to each other. I wish you luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Lovely work, LuxorV! The not-quite-an-ARC ARC-170 looks sweet, and although such a huge gun on top seems ridiculous, it's MegaBlokin' awesome! :sweet:

Looks pretty cool, I like the color scheme. I think it looks a little strange in walker mode with the wings down like that. Too bad you couldn't make it so they fold into each other and fold back towards the rear so it will still have sleekness.

Wonderful build LuxorV. The front section is pure awesome, and the overall sleekness is great. The one thing that I don't thinks fits that well is the legs. They seem a little forced to make it more like the AT-TE, maybe taking a different aspect of the AT-TE would work. Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing MOC.

Great job :thumbup:

This looks really sweet, my only problem would be, where did all the dark blue come from? But it kinda works on an aesthetic level because I :wub: dark blue

Thanks everybody for the feedback :classic:

I see two main points I want to comment on:

the AT-TE feet are not there to suggest a walker mode of this fighter (I considered it, in facts the original design had 4 feet, but decided against it for a number of reasons), they just looked funny enough as they are almost too big for the rest of the model (though I quite like Solo's comment on their purpose on Flickr :laugh: );

the colour scheme is not the classic AT-TE, ARC fighter, and generally Republic, dark red because I wanted to make clear this model was built from wrecked Republic assets by smuglers/mercenaries for their own purposes, so they re-coloured it. Plus, I wanted to make a ship with that colour scheme for once :wink: