• Average
    • Above Average
    • Ding Dong
  2. 2. Which is your favourite build?

• Main Build: Hillside House
    • Secondary Build: Holiday Home
    • Tertiary Build: Country Cottage

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone! :sweet:

Awesome review! What is the height of the Hillside House (Primary Build)?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this. The house measures 184 mm from the base to the apex of the roof. And the base is 256 mm x 256 mm. Hope that helps! I'll edit the info into the review.

EDIT: This set is now available for pre-order from Shop@Home (in the UK, at least). I've edited the link into the review.

Wow I had no idea this existed. Now that I got my zombies. I need a good home for them to break into and for my Minifigs to defend. The sound brick is funny but not necessary. I would have preferred some furniture or a better proportioned staircase.

I'm a fan of this set. Personally like the new Lighthouse better but this it's close. Good year in terms of Creator sets that I like, with the Log Cabin, the Lighthouse, and this Hillside House.

Wow I had no idea this existed. Now that I got my zombies. I need a good home for them to break into and for my Minifigs to defend. The sound brick is funny but not necessary. I would have preferred some furniture or a better proportioned staircase.

Perhaps a re-creation of Left 4 Dead?

Edited by Canada_7

I haven't read this entire thread and excuse me if it's been said, has this been spotted in the US yet?

Wow! Great review Rufus!

Got this set saturday for 60€. A bit expensive for my taste but it's so nice on my shelf that i keep forgetting how empty is now m wallet.

I like the house, but still there are some things that can be better...

The minifig is so plain that it hurts, but I like to imagine it as a guy during the weekend in his sloth-sport-pijama hanging around.

So when is this set expected to be available in the USA?

Your guess is as good as mine. It's odd that it isn't available yet in the US, considering the 5770 Lighthouse is. :sceptic:

Nice review, will get this set after I've got the Apple Tree House, cos I'd hate to miss out on that.. I like the original build best, looks like a perfectly normal Lego home. Will wait til it appears on Amazon though, they are normally so much cheaper when it comes to these houses.

This is now available on S@H in the US. It has the "Hard to Find" tagged with it, does anyone know which store it's at? Target? TRU? Wal-Mart?

As I am currently lusting after this house, I noticed with a ridiculous amount of excitement that you can now get it on Amazon.co.uk for £40.29 with free delivery - hoorah! :sweet:

Terrific review, gorgeous pics!

This is the first set I bought after my Dark Ages ended and I'm so glad I picked this one. An incredible variety of colours and pieces and great builds (I like the holiday home build the best). A perfect set for someone like me, who hasn't gotten any Lego since the Castles stuff from the early 90s! I love that all the builds have a different car/vehicle design.

I'm also weirdly picky about the colour of the plate that forms the floor of Lego houses. I notice that a lot of them (Apple Tree House included) are built on a green plate and so the interior of the house has a green floor too! I love that Hillside House doesn't have that issue. :tongue: