Sign in to follow this  
Bayou

Ugly X-Gunship

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi,

For those who still ignore the FBTB.net contest, there is my entry : The cockpit of a x-wing and the engines and wings from a republic gunship.

It's my first entry in a contest and it's very pleasant to try to make something new with limited parts (I had just left dark ages few months ago ...)

So be free to comment ... :wink:

5626893425_69428f162e.jpg

P1030072 par thestuck, sur Flickr

5627476862_86b08c7765.jpg

P1030079 par thestuck, sur Flickr

Pilot still needs to check one engine ...

5626893505_dfcdfb4c4c.jpg

P1030071 par thestuck, sur Flickr

It looks good, but I suppose this is still a WIP right? Will the X-Wing body be directly connected with the RGS wing assembly? I certainly hope so, and I'd look forward seeing that set-up.

Interesting. I really like the exposed engine innards. But I dont see a cockpit and why is the Gunship part so high up?

... why is the Gunship part so high up?

'Cause its an 'ugly'!!! And it is in the best possible way! Its wonderfully absurd and must be incredibly unlucky for pilots to fly especially if they walk under that ladder! I think this is a bit of a winner Bayou. I agree, the exposed engine is a great touch and as for the wing attachment, I get it. :thumbup:

Interesting creation....now this is a fighter designed by Jar Jar ! :laugh:

Good luck in the contest 'Bayou' and may the brick be with you always ! :grin:

Very interesting design. I kinda like the X-wing suspended below the RGS wings. It's certainly original. I think you've done well with a limited supply of parts.

First, Thanks !

You 're both right, I 'm limited in parts but I really want to do something not usual.

The gunship parts are so high because usually starship are designed with wings and engine just near the cockpit, I try to avoid that : safety first !

It's a pilot who do the gunship, not an engineer so if the engines must explode or burn at the first try to turn the power on, the pilot will be happy to be not so close of them ... :wink:

@Solscud007 : I don't have a already made cockpit, so I try to do one without glass... :wink:

@lightningtiger : "now this is a fighter designed by Jar Jar !" -> I'm not sure to be happy of this comment ... :wink: everyone, but not Jar Jar please !! :laugh: