Zeya

MOC: "A Pirate's Life For We"

Do you like to see the domestic side of our warriors?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to see the domestic side of our warriors?

• Aye, matey!
    • Arr, no!
    • Shiver me timbers! *dance a jig*

There are only a handful of images, so I'll just post them all here. Eye candy first, and commentary at the end!

5683094808_f474059f99.jpg

APiratesLifeForWe_1 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

5683094290_4e2f151f96.jpg

APiratesLifeForWe_2 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

5683094444_9603701ccb.jpg

APiratesLifeForWe_3 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

5682528461_771189dc83.jpg

APiratesLifeForWe_4 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

5682528255_c38ed3a691.jpg

APiratesLifeForWe_5 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

5682528175_2c08f16e80.jpg

APiratesLifeForWe_6 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

Last night I sat down and got working on my first MOC ever (well, as an adult that is). I only just started buying Lego in August, so my collection is pretty small. Even on just this small 16x16 plate, I found myself running short on bricks!

I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this, but I felt good about the final result. I even made a Flickr account and posted my photos on there, and I added 3 photos to the LEGO Flickr group feed.

I made the mistake of having the house structure aligned on an odd number of studs. Now I understand why most bricks have an even number of studs in length. I actually just started making the house, not sure what I was going to do. I left a headlight brick on the side and put a hinge plate at the front. And then I got the idea to add some flags to decorate, and then it turned into a Pirate thing!

I have this idea in my head of making a series of vignettes (bignettes?) of what our lego soldiers/warriors do in their free time. You know, to give a bit of humanism to them. They are people after all! I already made a LDD MOC of a knight on vacation. But here we have Captain Brickbeard and his love interest (female pirate). Note that they are holding hands (hand and hook really). And their son is hiding around the corner; he seems to have found a nice diamond. I added him and the parrot back there to make it less boring on that side.

I hope to do more MOC'ing in the future. I have some bigger ideas, but I think I might stick to 8x8 or 16x16 sizes to hone my skills a bit before tackling something larger. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Zeya

Lovely, pirate couple in a garden, I haven't seen that before :p

For a first physical MOC it's really good! Small and cute. I think it deserves being blogged!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]...soon!

For a first physical MOC it's really good! Small and cute. I think it deserves being blogged!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]...soon!

Wow, I'm honored! Thank you!

I really like this, it's taking a familiar theme and placing it in a scenario that you just normally wouldn't see in the Pirates theme, but you would in the Town theme. Very clever.

Funny! I didn't know that BrickBread hasa son!

I might add that the roof would look better if it had stuck out a bit. :pir-classic:

Nice to see the normal side of pirates for once. :pir-classic:

The house is well built and has a distinct built-out-of-a-shipwreck look. The figs are well positioned and I hope to see more of this sort of MOC.

P.S. At first I thought that the son was a random theif trying to break in through a window! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Scorpiox

Great cottage! :pir-laugh:

where did you find the child's smiley? Can you give me the set numbers please?

Sure, that head is from one of the two winter village sets from 2009 or 2010. They are exclusive sets (only from Lego directly... well occasionally at TRU also maybe.)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10216-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10199-1

The jester hat is from one of those too, from a jack in the box that you make. I highly recommend the winter sets. They are a really fun build and have a lot of unique parts.