Sign in to follow this  
pjpviv

Slave LAAT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey this is my first post here so I thought I'd share my first MOC ever and entry into the FBTB Ugly contest

5673464709_453ee47b78_b.jpg

5673470267_c2ab79628c_b.jpg

more pics: Flickr folder

It's a mash-up of a Firespray and Republic Gunship LAAT.

let me know what you guys think. :classic:

That's a great MOC you've built. The ship looks so natural that it looks like a ship that a person could actually create using spare parts from those ships.

Great MOC, I think it will do well in the contest especially with all of the coloration. If it was all grey I think it would be an awesome set and I totally agree with Brickfoot. Awesome work and thanks for sharing it with us :thumbup: .

Interesting build, I do see the Slave I part of it, but not much on the LAAT side, its like 95% Slave I - 5% LAAT. And I feel it has too much going on with regards to the coloring.

This is a mash-up I don't think I ever expected to see from this contest. The way you integrated LAAT/i shapes into the Slave I is great, but I agree with KDM that I think there's too much Slave I in this build. I also think portions of it look block and like you ran out of pieces; the nose especially doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the ship.

Cool mashup.

You've really incorporated both crafts in a great way.

I saw this the other day and intended to highlight it in our blog, now that you've posted it here, I certainly will.

Good job and best of luck in the contest.

Interesting fusion of ideas 'pjpviv', I agree too that it's more Slave 1 than LAAT ! :wink:

Good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

Thanks for the support guys. I didn't know what to expect since this was also my first MOC

I do see where it looks mostly like the Slave I but if you look more closely at the Slave 1 you see that it has a section that is separate from the floor up (aka where freshly carbonited han is walked up in empire). I was goin for a top half Slave 1 and bottom half LAAT highly modified and its pilot seat covered. Also the flaps that close to cover the LAAT where used for the "wings" on the Firespray.

I tried to pick 2 ships that I liked and would not be so likely to be mashed up. but thanks for the comments and feedback. :grin:

Wot, that's one big hybrid.

I like all the differences beetwen two sides of the ship.

It certainly looks cool. :thumbup:

Good luck in the contest.