r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Yes. The Simpsons came out after series 11, the last one I got (with the cute elves that were super cheap), then Simpsons I ignored and Series 12 were $4 too.

I think Europe will see a price increase but the USA will not. There is that tax over there the the USA doesn't have.

I also didn't get to collect all of series 11 lol. Lets just hope no price increase happens in the US.

And this is why Simpsons 3 didn't happen

Found today:

This might also be a factor in why Disney Series 2 hasn't been announced for 2017. Could be that LEGO is afraid of oversaturating the market or exhausting the license's novelty by releasing two series based on the same license just a year apart.

This might also be a factor in why Disney Series 2 hasn't been announced for 2017. Could be that LEGO is afraid of oversaturating the market or exhausting the license's novelty by releasing two series based on the same license just a year apart.

Possibly, though that's kind of silly. The Simpsons is one thing, Disney is a whole different beast. Not only is there a wider demographic for Disney (I bet few kids got either of the Simpsons CMFs), there's so many movies and shows that they can pick various characters from. There was much more hype for the Disney CMF than for Simpsons as well, I remember the news of the set going all over social media...because Disney has a strong brand.

Could be, but personally I think they already had Ninjago and TLBM series planned for that year to promote their own movies, and I have a feeling they want to release at least one non-licensed series a year. For that reason I have a strong feeling that we will get a Disney series in 2018.

Could be, but personally I think they already had Ninjago and TLBM series planned for that year to promote their own movies, and I have a feeling they want to release at least one non-licensed series a year. For that reason I have a strong feeling that we will get a Disney series in 2018.

Actually, I think it's both

In the IGN interview, the designer said they like the regular CMF series. So, I guess we should expect at least 1 regular CMF series per year.

Disney 2 is safe bet for 2018. I think (and hope) 2018 will have S18, Disney 2 and S19.

As long as Disney series 2 isn't comprised of over 1/3 of the characters as "variations" of series 1 characters, it should do very well. I still cannot understand why they had to do variations of the family and Milhouse in The Simpsons series 2 when there were so many more characters they could of done. This is why they are still in shelves throughout the world.

As long as Disney series 2 isn't comprised of over 1/3 of the characters as "variations" of series 1 characters, it should do very well. I still cannot understand why they had to do variations of the family and Milhouse in The Simpsons series 2 when there were so many more characters they could of done. This is why they are still in shelves throughout the world.

Easy.

They already had the molds.

I agree. I think that's one of the main reasons series 2 of the Simpsons was a failure.

So true. I pity Simpsons series 2 because the character variations did not even had accessories that will lure you to buy the blind bag... to most people they will only see them as repeats. Disney series 2 should not repeat that grave mistake.

Because some people wouldn't notice it's a second series and go "Where are the actual Simpsons?"

Exactly. Which is why I expect the 2nd Disney series (if there is one) to feature at least Mickey and Donald again :wink:

I think it's a safe bet we will get another Mickey. However they no longer seem to care for the 16 in a series rule, so they it's not that big of an issue.

I think the problem was that there should have been a theme. I would have released the family members in sets and use the blind bags as random characters.

But I would have also used normal heads so what do I know. :lol:

I think the problem was that there should have been a theme. I would have released the family members in sets and use the blind bags as random characters.

Same on all accounts.

I think the problem with random characters is that some wouldn't be made into minifigures because of LEGO policy. I don't think they'd make Moe, or Rev. Lovejoy, or Barney.

So, today just2good dropped a bombshell

Batman Movie CMF Series 2 might happen

That would go to.... January 2018?

Because that's not in the 2017 catalog

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

So, today just2good dropped a bombshell

Batman Movie CMF Series 2 might happen

That would go to.... January 2018?

Because that's not in the 2017 catalog

MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT not confirmed

20 minutes ago, just2good said:

MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT not confirmed

Yes I know. That's why I said it "might happen"

Thanks for the info, by the way :classic:

I hope there isn't a second Batman wave. The first lot are a waste of plastic. Bring back regular series, at least there is something for everyone!