r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Between 2 big distribution/production companies that may sign-up for CMF (Warner Bros. and Disney)... Harry Potter or Toy Story is a good bet.

But are we speaking of 2018 or 2019 release??

33 minutes ago, makoy said:

Between 2 big distribution/production companies that may sign-up for CMF (Warner Bros. and Disney)... Harry Potter or Toy Story is a good bet.

But are we speaking of 2018 or 2019 release??

September 2018

My guess, based on Tragic Banjo's avatar, is Star Trek.  Maybe they finally secured the license?

9 minutes ago, x105Black said:

My guess, based on Tragic Banjo's avatar, is Star Trek.  Maybe they finally secured the license?

I still can't see that happening with Star Wars around, but maybe Lego found that a CMS is the way to go if they were really interested in the license. Has Mega Bloks dropped the license yet? I know @LegoMonorailFan would most excited for any Lego Star Trek products. :wink:

Count me in for Lego Star Trek as well. But I bet this will not happen, it's too close to the Star Wars franchise.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I still can't see that happening with Star Wars around, but maybe Lego found that a CMS is the way to go if they were really interested in the license. Has Mega Bloks dropped the license yet? I know @LegoMonorailFan would most excited for any Lego Star Trek products. :wink:

Surely the money is in the ship(s) though. Unless they put the price up for CMF, where would they make the money on the license. Whereas put out a 2000 piece Enterprise at 10c /10p a piece and trekkies will lap it up.

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

It's already been said that it will be based on an old theme

And it'll be a licensed theme

It won't be anything from dimensions because those franchises weren't actually themes but part of one theme. And it probably won't be a dimensions series as dimensions will be long gone by the time September 2018 comes around.

42 minutes ago, J4ck said:

It won't be anything from dimensions because those franchises weren't actually themes but part of one theme. And it probably won't be a dimensions series as dimensions will be long gone by the time September 2018 comes around.

But it doesn't need to have the title of dimensions of course and thus it can still be a licensed theme that they did in dimensions.

5 minutes ago, Borex said:

But it doesn't need to have the title of dimensions of course and thus it can still be a licensed theme that they did in dimensions.

What would the point be though? To give us figures that we didn't get in games from 2-3 years before? That won't be very interesting for people that didn't already buy the games and rules out a lot of impulse purchases for kids. 

It would be a bit like giving us a LOTR and Hobbit CMF line now, including only characters that were missing from the original sets. That would be great for anyone that collected the line a few years before, but terrible for new collectors. And thus not likely to sell well.

Edited by MAB

5 minutes ago, MAB said:

What would the point be though? To give us figures that we didn't get in games from 2-3 years before? That won't be very interesting for people that didn't already buy the games and rules out a lot of impulse purchases for kids. 

No i meant, j4ck ruled out dimensions. But dimensions has a lot of licensed themes and thus they can maybe choose one of those licensed themes. For instance Oz. Or Adventure time. Themes with lots of recognizable characters and popular by the masses.

It has nothing to do with the game, except that the theme of the cmf series could be a theme that appeared in dimensions. He tried to rule out a few themes so it would be easier to guess what we'll get in next licensed cmf series.

10 minutes ago, Borex said:

No i meant, j4ck ruled out dimensions. But dimensions has a lot of licensed themes and thus they can maybe choose one of those licensed themes. For instance Oz. Or Adventure time. Themes with lots of recognizable characters and popular by the masses.

Adventure Time has been done in Ideas, so I'd hope they wouldn't put out a CMF series based on that - they've got the money from those fans. I've said it before, but I don't think there are enough characters in Wizard of Oz unless they go for a small series, or enough people (especially kids) interested in it. To me, that would probably be more like another The Simpsons series rather than another Disney series. My kids have no interest in the Wizard of Oz (they've never seen it), and I don't think any of their friends have ever talked about it. It has a following amongst older people, but is that enough? All of the other Dimensions sub-themes, I think they'd have trouble filling a whole series. Knightrider - no. A-team - no. Mission Impossible - no. Beetlejuice - no. Goonies - no. ET - no. DC/LOTR/TLM/Ninjago/Scooby-Doo etc already done in normal sets. Doctor Who - maybe, they could fill a series and it has a reasonable following (already done once in Ideas but still a lot of not done historical characters). HP - done already but a long time ago, so maybe. But surely they'd do that as regular sets to make the money from selling the bricks, rather than as a CMF set.

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

There's no way Lego is going to make Star Trek when star wars is around. Maybe.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

September 2018

Is this leaked information on a future Collectible Minifigure Series actually coming in September 2018 or are we just guessing for fun?

3 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

There's no way Lego is going to make Star Trek when star wars is around. Maybe.

Nah it won't be, it's been confirmed as an old theme for the CMF.

HOLD ON - what if it is a castle CMF, it's an old theme, Nexo Knights rumours are going round reading it'll end at the end of this year, so what if they're bringing in a new theme but holding off until 2019? And to kickstart they're starting with a CMF line? One thing remains, is it confirmed to be a licensed series? If so, this whole theory is already dead.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Nah it won't be, it's been confirmed as an old theme for the CMF.

HOLD ON - what if it is a castle CMF, it's an old theme, Nexo Knights rumours are going round reading it'll end at the end of this year, so what if they're bringing in a new theme but holding off until 2019? And to kickstart they're starting with a CMF line? One thing remains, is it confirmed to be a licensed series? If so, this whole theory is already dead.

It would please Castle fans but I doubt it. A line like that would sell better if released in conjunction with sets - like they did with TLM, TLBM, Disney, Simpsons, ...

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

I wonder if he meant "old theme" or just "old property" instead?

5 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Is this leaked information on a future Collectible Minifigure Series actually coming in September 2018 or are we just guessing for fun?

No

We know that for a fact

The line-up goes as follows

Sep 2017 - Ninjago Movie Series

Jan 2018 - Batman Movie Series 2

May 2018  - Series 18

Sep 2018 - This licensed series we are talking about

For September 2018, the rumours are that it'll be a licensed theme but an old theme. What would have sufficient universal appeal to sell well globally? Marvel super heroes?  Lots of Marvel movies out next year ( Black Panther, Avengers, Ant Man & Wasp, X-Men) but apart from the Avengers movie probably most of these will only have a few sets. Would tie in with popularity of the game too.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

No

We know that for a fact

May 2018  - Series 18

Oh, okay. I understand this LEGO CMF Series coming in September 2018 is happening after all, but who discovered it?

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No

We know that for a fact

May 2018  - Series 18

Ninjago Series comes out in September? I heard somewhere it was releasing in August...

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

May 2018  - Series 18

*sigh*

If not for Itaria's CMF contest, I'm not sure what else is keeping me around here. There's nothing on the horizon for me in the next year+.

I'm going to go work on my hot rod instead. 

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

Ninjago Series comes out in September? I heard somewhere it was releasing in August...

It depends 

August in some catalogs. September on anothers

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 game CMF series?  Now that would be interesting.

I'm very curious about the Ninjago series now that Ninjago City has been revealed; there are some pretty interesting character designs. Considering almost all the (first wave) sets have been revealed now, I feel like the minifigure series can't be too far behind, right?

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No

We know that for a fact

May 2018  - Series 18

Can someone remind me again why there is a Batman Series 2? I can't seem to dig any reference why it should exist....

Just to give a background -- all the Batman CMFs here in my local shops are being given away for free because they are not selling well.