r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 18/01/2017 at 9:47 PM, DarrellBricker said:

While I won't go so far as to call the Batman CMF a waste of plastic, I will say I would have much preferred a more generalized DC Universe CMF line over what we got. That being said, I think there are lots of parts that I could end up using down the road. But I will agree with Lifeinplastic, in this - I much prefer the regular CMF lines to the licensed ones. If we get one licensed set a year and two "regular" CMF sets a year, that would be a compromise I'd happily take.

While I did find a couple of the minifigures and a few parts from TLBM CMFs interesting, I was disappointed that there weren't more variants of the major villains like Riddler and Penguin. If you can have umpteen Batmans in a CMF series, why not variations of the major baddies from the sets (in addition to the Joker)?

I'm in broad agreement that two regular and one licensed/film tie-in CMF series per year is ideal, but I'm guessing that TLG has done the maths and found that the regulars aren't contributing as much to either the top or bottom lines or both as the irregulars. So we'll probably see fewer of the former and more of the latter. That's bad for my minifigure collection but good for my wallet. 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A little bird came to my window last week and told me that the series for January 2018 (after the Ninjago one) won't be a regular series :sadnew:

So, it seems we will have to wait at least a year for Series 18, if it ever happens :sadnew:

That is the problem with all the Lego movies they release, they all get a huge wave of sets, then a second wave of even more sets and of course they get a series of CMF *huh* In the process pushing the regular series one spot in the release schedule :sceptic:

I am wondering what a Ninjago series will bring us. I mean, i rarely want some figs from ninjago. Will it be all ninja's in colors, some snakemen, ghosts or evil ninja's? I hope they'll use parts we can use for other stuff.

What will be the next series after that? Was that already confirmed? If it'll be a batman series i can dig that, but isn't that a bit late?

Edited by Borex

23 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A little bird came to my window last week and told me that the series for January 2018 (after the Ninjago one) won't be a regular series :sadnew:

So, it seems we will have to wait at least a year for Series 18, if it ever happens :sadnew:

Bummer, if so. Then my guess would be Disney S2. Another LBM series doesnt make sense to me, one year after the movie. 

Though it could always be a themed Historical/Castle/Fantasy/Pirate/Western/... series! :grin:

52 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

Though it could always be a themed Historical/Castle/Fantasy/Pirate/Western/... series! :grin:

Man I could get behind that. 

There is The Incredibles 2 and live-action Mulan movie currently in pre-production. Disney and TLG has good partnership so Disney S2 seems likely to happen next year.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Robert8 said:

Man, that is very, very disappointing.

Series 18 will happen in 2018 and it will be the only regular.
They probably plan to do one regular per year.
The other two seem to be always themed.
2019 also has TLM2 in schedule, you bet they'll make a themed series on it.
If there will be a Disney 2 (and you bet there will be) and it sells well, in 2019 I believe we'll see
TLM2 - S19 - Disney3 in whichever order.

So, if 2019 is set, what do we have do expect for 2018? Batman 2, S18 and Disney 2?

Edit: They made so many Series a year till the number matched the year :D

Edited by julesvincent

1 hour ago, julesvincent said:

So, if 2019 is set, what do we have do expect for 2018? Batman 2, S18 and Disney 2?

Edit: They made so many Series a year till the number matched the year :D

Everything you say seems pretty correct to me.
But, as an usual reliable source of rumours, I have to admit they are only insights, I can't confirm nor deny anything.

1 minute ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

But, as an usual reliable source of rumours, I have to admit they are only insights, I can't confirm nor deny anything.

Thank you! We know you can't confirm or deny anything. But it is good to know in what direction the CMF's are going!

PS: Thank you again for the riddles in the S17 thread!

Since it has been a very regional release, a second series for soccer wouldn't count in the 3 series/year scheme. With the soccer series we had 4 series in Gernany (jan-may-aug-okt)

So it seems the 2018 line up will be

Jan - Batman Movie 2

May - S18 or Disney 2

Sep - S18 or Disney 2

:sadnew:

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

So it seems the 2018 line up will be

Jan - Batman Movie 2

May - S18 or Disney 2

Sep - S18 or Disney 2

:sadnew:

Would they do Bane as one considering he is in Minifigure form in the Lego Dimensions Fun pack?

Given that the Disney series has been the most popular series of CMF by a massive margin, it seems stupid for LEGO not to be working on a Disney S2 (since it would clearly be just as popular as the first series)

27 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Last I heard there is not a second Disney series next year, but what do I know

Then what did you hear? :purrr:

I mean, if you are allowed to share (and want to) :grin:

Hearing we are only getting one normal wave again next year really irritates me since the minifigures are the whole reason I got into Lego in the first place. It also makes the inclusion of minifigures like the surfer and the dance instructor we're getting in Series 17 seem even MORE of a bad, redundant decision since we're not getting fresh characters for presumably another whole year.

At least Ninjago and the Lego Movie 2 series in 2019 would presumably include figures with the regular "yellow" skin tone in it, so I suppose it would be similar to having a regular CMF series. Maybe not as wacky or as surprising a mix of figures as we get in the CMF, but they would go along with them nonetheless. 

And again, if we are NOT getting a second Disney wave in 2018, what could the second licensed wave be? Not a second NInjago series?

16 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Series 18 will happen in 2018 and it will be the only regular.
They probably plan to do one regular per year.
The other two seem to be always themed.
2019 also has TLM2 in schedule, you bet they'll make a themed series on it.
If there will be a Disney 2 (and you bet there will be) and it sells well, in 2019 I believe we'll see
TLM2 - S19 - Disney3 in whichever order.

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

you should have posted these 2 posts together so people won't misquote you.

14 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Last I heard there is not a second Disney series next year, but what do I know

Oh, my gosh! What does that mean?!! I hope you're not true! We all need Disney 2 for 2018!

On 2/20/2017 at 4:34 PM, Robert8 said:

Dang it. One regular series per year just isn't enough. These licensed/themed series are nowhere near as interesting. I have yet to buy anything from any of them.