Admiral of the Red

WIP The Hesperides

Hi there!!!

I've been testing some techniques for the past week or so, but haven't really had the time to really work on it (that'll change when the summer comes :pir_laugh2: )

I'd like to thank Perfectionist and Captain Green Hair for their techniques (you can see where), and as my inspirations for emerging from my dark age...

Anyway, these are some WIP shots taken from my phone at school

So here we have a full shot:

img00514-20110501-0459.jpg

I haven't decided yet whether to include an interior as well. Mostly I've been working on the bow:

img00503-20110501-0454.jpg

img00516-20110501-0500.jpg

Which looks like this head-on:

img00506-20110501-0456.jpg

Here you can see the line which runs down the length of the ship:

img00517-20110501-0500.jpg

I've had some trouble with the stern; I didn't want to use this technique in the bow because it looked too "clunky" to me :pir-blush:

img00510-20110501-0458.jpg

Well, that's it for now, comments and suggestions are highly appreciated!!

Good to see a clipper here every now and then. I think the shape is quite good.

The only thing is that I think the masts are a bit too thick. Perhaps it would look better if you made them all of the same width as the bowsprit.

The colouscheme is nice. It reminds me of the Rickmer Rickmers which I once visited.

Good luck.

I definetely love the idea, clippers being the coolest ships that were ever made. However, I would probably do it with the small hulls, thus making the ship even sleeker in comparison to the other ships we are building on the big prefabs. But maybe this is just a matter of taste.

You could just abandon the top section of the prefab bow too. You have a good bow technique going there in green, Id love to see it expanded lower to give it a really piercing shape. Personally I think Hoexbroe's technique is perfect for bruickbuilt cutters, but I think you could make it work with just the lower portion of the prefab bow too. Great color scheme btw :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

I like where this is going. The colors look really fresh. The beforementioned seam doesn't bother me that much. Keep it up and keep us posted!

Thanks for the suggestions!!

You could just abandon the top section of the prefab bow too. You have a good bow technique going there in green, Id love to see it expanded lower to give it a really piercing shape. Personally I think Hoexbroe's technique is perfect for bruickbuilt cutters, but I think you could make it work with just the lower portion of the prefab bow too.

Hoexbroe's clipper is a thing of beauty :pir-blush: but his technique is a lot more brick intensive (resulting in a much longer ship) so I'll have to see if I can afford to make it sleeker :pir-hmpf_bad: I hadn't thought of not using the top section; thanks for the idea!

I like where this is going. The colors look really fresh. The beforementioned seam doesn't bother me that much. Keep it up and keep us posted!

Thanks! Will do :pir_laugh2:

A daring color scheme but I have a good feeling about it, that anchor is awesome by the way.