Sign in to follow this  
Solitary Dark

Krizzik Velari's Airtaxi

Krizzik Velari was a Jedi assigned to protecting Senator's on Coruscant during the Clone Wars - to blend in she acquired a Coruscant Air Taxi for use in transporting Senators 'In plain sight'.

5669674702_649d0d125c.jpg

Jedi Airtaxi 1 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

5669674704_97a38d5a30.jpg

Jedi Airtaxi 2 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

5669674710_4e268c8462.jpg

Jedi Airtaxi 3 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

5669674718_c8ab081d3b.jpg

Jedi Airtaxi 4 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

5669674726_4b0f7bbe8c.jpg

Jedi Airtaxi 5 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

Krizzik was a humanoid Jedi who was a contemporary of Obi-wan Kenobi. At the time of the Clone Wars she was assigned to Senatorial protection at the request of Bail Organa and the Jedi Council, to protect Senator's who were secretly supporting the opposition to Palpatine and his growing powers. Organa had become concerned with the number of assasination attempts being made, and felt that the Jedi were the only ones who could be trusted to protect those senators who were vociferous against Palpatine.

Krizzik had the idea for using Coruscant air taxi's as transport, as they would blend in easily with other vehicles in use in the Coruscant highways, where other senatorial transports tended to be conspicous by their design, and so obvious targets to bounty hunters.

At some point she was assigned a clone detail as support, despite her protests that this would ruin her disguise, and of close when order 66 was issued her clone turned on her and shot her, causing the airtaxi to crash, killing her, the clone and the Senator from Plittik who was a passenger.

I cannot remeber seeing many MOC's of this type of vehicle, but I quite like the Coruscant designs, so this contest was the perfect excuse to try and come up with a design for one of these. It will seat 7 minifigures at a push, 6 comfortably, and the bodywork is almost completely SNOT.

I had fun making this MOC, and will probably keep it intact and add it into my son's SW collection.

First one note: Subject shoudl be name of the vehicle and other thing, written with small letters should be

'Character Rides Personal Vehicle' (in this case). :classic:

Anyway, your MOC looks great, especially when looked from above.

Last picture made my day. :laugh:

I cannot remeber seeing many MOC's of this type of vehicle, but I quite like the Coruscant designs, so this contest was the perfect excuse to try and come up with a design for one of these. It will seat 7 minifigures at a push, 6 comfortably, and the bodywork is almost completely SNOT.

Great entry mookage! I'm really diggin' this entry a lot, because like you I'm fond of Coruscant vehicles, and I'm glad to see someone make this in brickbuild, and you've certainly made a good rendition of the Coruscant Air Taxi. (I was actually thinking of doing my own version too before to complement my Jedi Shuttle Bus). Excellent work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

BTW, I changed the title according to the rules, but you'll have to ask KimT to change the subtitle since it's beyond my powers.

That is a realy nice SNOT airspeeder mookage (BTW the BD's arms are on the wrong way round :grin:).

That's a really good entry Mookage and nice SNOT work. :thumbup:

If you add it to your son's collection, will it stay intact?

Great entry mookage! I'm really diggin' this entry a lot, because like you I'm fond of Coruscant vehicles, and I'm glad to see someone make this in brickbuild, and you've certainly made a good rendition of the Coruscant Air Taxi. (I was actually thinking of doing my own version too before to complement my Jedi Shuttle Bus). Excellent work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

BTW, I changed the title according to the rules, but you'll have to ask KimT to change the subtitle since it's beyond my powers.

Thanks!

Actually I was thinking about your Jedi Shuttle Bus when I built this - It was one of the Inspirations for my backstory - so double thanks! (That's a lovely model by the way)

That's a really good entry Mookage and nice SNOT work. :thumbup:

If you add it to your son's collection, will it stay intact?

Actualy he's pretty good! He turns 8 this week, but keeps everything in perfect condition! Especially his Star Wars sets. He stores his sets unbuilt in bags with the instructions!

Actualy he's pretty good! He turns 8 this week, but keeps everything in perfect condition! Especially his Star Wars sets. He stores his sets unbuilt in bags with the instructions!

:grin: One day, he is going to be a wealthy man.

AWESOME airtaxi 'mookage', the SNOT work is great and yes that parting shot....well, that droid was told to stick close to them.....er, roger, roger ! :laugh:

Good luck and may the brick be with you ! :grin: