A nearly complete (it was later brought to my attention that chrome and medium blue do exist) list of solid colored minifigs.

5423614126_857f61b67f_z.jpg

Very nice presentation of (almost) all the color available for minifig parts. So this swatch is only for those unprinted minifig parts right?

Nice job! Well done.

Keep the Brick Alive!

~Bayonet

Tanks Captain!

Very nice presentation of (almost) all the color available for minifig parts. So this swatch is only for those unprinted minifig parts right?

This is a presentation of solid colored figs. Some of the still do have prints, so I had to turn torsos/heads around. This would be useful mostly for presenting custom accessories when you don't want to detract attention to a minifigure.

Edited by brickarmy

Lego sure does like to have all different shades of grey. :laugh:

But only two grey shades at a time. The two older greys (dark grey and light grey) and are no longer in production, while the two current ones are the dark bluish grey and light bluish grey. (Feel free to correct me if there's anything I said wrong about the colors Aanchir :grin:)

Dark Green ? I'm not sure if there is a head in that colour but the rest are about.

Dark Green ? I'm not sure if there is a head in that colour but the rest are about.

Neither the head nor the hands seem to exist.

Lego sure does like to have all different shades of grey. :laugh:

Nicely done.

I read somewhere (quite possibly here, in EBF) that by mixing blue paint into gray, LEGO can save a bit of money, since it's cheaper.

But only two grey shades at a time. The two older greys (dark grey and light grey) and are no longer in production, while the two current ones are the dark bluish grey and light bluish grey. (Feel free to correct me if there's anything I said wrong about the colors Aanchir :grin:)

Three shades of grey at a time. There are also BL's Very Light Gray and Very Light Bluish Gray, both of which are far rarer. Using LEGO's color naming system, the colors are:

103 Light Grey (BL's Very Light Gray)

2 Grey (BL's Light Gray)

27 Dark Grey (BL's Dark Gray)

208 Light Stone Grey (BL's Very Light Bluish Gray)

194 Medium Stone Grey (BL's Light Bluish Gray)

199 Dark Stone Grey (BL's Dark Bluish Gray)

The first three were all from pre-2004 sets, while the last three are from 2004 or later. There may have been some flukes, and probably were since the date when a set is first released isn't the only date it's produced, so some 2003 sets may have had one or more production cycles after the switch. There are also reports on Bricklink of some of the pre-2004 colors being used later, but I'm not sure how much of this might just be members slow to learn that there were, in fact, new grey colors. In any event, the cutoff point between the two greys was between 2003 and 2004, along with many other color changes like the change from 25 Earth Orange (old brown) to 192 Reddish Brown (new brown).

Anyway, this is neat, although I'd love if the headgear were shuffled around a bit to give the orange minifigure an actual TLG headgear piece. Having a third-party piece can be misleading as some people may think that only third-party headgear exists in orange, when in fact the newer version of the baseball cap exists in orange (along with many hair pieces). I've never built a swatch like this (probably don't even own all the pieces I'd need), although I do have a chart on LDD showing all the minifigure skin tones and hair colors that have been used.

Edited by Aanchir

Great pic... I was not aware there were so many colours for minifig parts. I did know that at least the head piece exists in many colours of course, and some transparent ones as well. Does anybody know if legs and torsos have ever be made transparent?

From Bricklink the known colors for LEGS are:

Black

Blue

Bright Light Orange

Brown

Dark Blue

Dark Bluish Gray

Dark Brown

Dark Gray

Dark Green

Dark Orange

Dark Pink

Dark Purple

Dark Red

Dark Tan

Green

Light Bluish Gray

Light Gray

Medium Blue

Medium Orange

Orange

Pink

Red

Reddish Brown

Sand Blue

Sand Green

Sand Red

Tan

Violet

White

Yellow

Chrome Black

Chrome Gold

Chrome Silver

Pearl Gold

Pearl Light Gold

Hope that helped.

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Three shades of grey at a time. There are also BL's Very Light Gray and Very Light Bluish Gray, both of which are far rarer. Using LEGO's color naming system, the colors are:

*snip*

See, I knew I was wrong. :grin: Thanks for the info, I actually learned that third rare grey color shade only now. You really are the Colour Master. :thumbup:

Anyway, this is neat, although I'd love if the headgear were shuffled around a bit to give the orange minifigure an actual TLG headgear piece. Having a third-party piece can be misleading as some people may think that only third-party headgear exists in orange, when in fact the newer version of the baseball cap exists in orange (along with many hair pieces). I've never built a swatch like this (probably don't even own all the pieces I'd need), although I do have a chart on LDD showing all the minifigure skin tones and hair colors that have been used.

You are right on the subject of the headgear, when I was putting the collection together BL showed nothing for orange, but then it came to my knowledge that a construction hat exists, although at a steep price of $30. Lately, 'World Racers' added an orange baseball cap. As a matter of fact situation with Medium blue is even worse, it would take nearly $60 worth of investments; chrome gold - $200 (a rare C-3PO) to put minifig together.

From Bricklink the known colors for LEGS are:

*snip*

Hope that helped.

Thanks, although it takes a head and what seems an even more rare commodity - hands.

Very nice display on minifigures, this color wheel is very well done.

Great job :thumbup:

The shade of grey is the color that really stands out. LEGO sure likes to create different shades. The color wheel is designed nicely. Great job.