Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Toy Soldiers

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

5659383959_2fb03990b7_z.jpg

AC

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This might be your simplest 'build' ever, but it still has that distinct 'ACPin awesomeness' and 'cool' factor in it. Pretty neat way to present your armies AC, gotta love the minor revisions you did to tone down the redundancy a bit. :thumbup:

This might be your simplest 'build' ever, but it still has that distinct 'ACPin awesomeness' and 'cool' factor in it. Pretty neat way to present your armies AC, gotta love the minor revisions you did to tone down the redundancy a bit. :thumbup:

Had them on the large baseplate but they kept falling over whenever I moved them. So fixed it with this and that's where they'll stay until casting call for new MOCs! :grin:

You certainly had to buy alot of Collectable Minifigures to make this (Or you used the cheat sheet default_tong.gif)

Great work 'ACPin'. default_thumbup.gif

Cheat sheet for spartans, touch and feel for the others. No extra figures bought that I didn't need.

OMG, their hats are on fire! :tongue:

Heard that before! :laugh:

oh I get it now! That is really a nice collection. :classic:

Spartans and musketeers have been featured in MOCs, elves and samurais next.

AC

Cools armies. I need to get some more elves to make a village of them... Where did you manage to get so many spartans? I got like 30 bags and didn't manage to get a spartan until I found one for sale on ebay!

I don't know about ACPin, but I found a slew of Spartans just looking for the barcodes. The first time I got one, I had already gotten a few but not all of the Series 2 minifigures and wanted to finish an initial set before getting lots of duplicates of things, so I felt packages to be sure I was getting minifigures I didn't already have, and I found a Spartan by feeling for the spear, shield and helmet. I then looked for more using the barcode from the package (as I did with the other minifigures from the first two series). The one for the Spartan actually turned out to be arguably the most distinctive, and I soon didn't even have to look at my barcode reference sheet to identify it - I could just go through boxes of Series 2 and look for Spartans by looking for that one barcode almost as easily as I could read the text on the packages. I eventually got every one of my 27 Spartans this way - over two dozen without once having to resort to trading or eBay or whatever.

Impressive collection of what I consider the best of the entire CM series!

Keep the Brick Alive!

~Bayonet

That's the main reason why I've gotten multiples of them. :grin:

Cools armies. I need to get some more elves to make a village of them... Where did you manage to get so many spartans? I got like 30 bags and didn't manage to get a spartan until I found one for sale on ebay!

Didn't find them on the main retailers (TRU, Target, Walmart) when they came out. So surprised when they showed up in a smaller retail store.

I don't know about ACPin, but I found a slew of Spartans just looking for the barcodes. The first time I got one, I had already gotten a few but not all of the Series 2 minifigures and wanted to finish an initial set before getting lots of duplicates of things, so I felt packages to be sure I was getting minifigures I didn't already have, and I found a Spartan by feeling for the spear, shield and helmet. I then looked for more using the barcode from the package (as I did with the other minifigures from the first two series). The one for the Spartan actually turned out to be arguably the most distinctive, and I soon didn't even have to look at my barcode reference sheet to identify it - I could just go through boxes of Series 2 and look for Spartans by looking for that one barcode almost as easily as I could read the text on the packages. I eventually got every one of my 27 Spartans this way - over two dozen without once having to resort to trading or eBay or whatever.

Did just the same as you did with the bar codes for the spartans. Just went through every box in 10 minutes or less that I found after I've remembered it. Also helps that the kids who were going through the boxes were more interested in the other minifigs. So I helped them out to get their favorites. :laugh:

AC