Lorentzen

The "classic" LEGO Town house

Does your LEGO Town need more regular housing?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want LEGO to release houses on a regular basis again?

• Yes - our LEGO Town needs more smaller houses
    • No - exclusive Modular buildings and Creator houses are just fine
    • Indifferent

I have to admit, I've been looking at eBay for these great little sets. Nice article, we need more of these great little houses.

I was also wondering if someone could tell me what the selling price of the 2010 City House was when it was out, cos I've seen it online for £40 and was unsure whether it was a good deal or not?? Many thanks.

I have to admit, I've been looking at eBay for these great little sets. Nice article, we need more of these great little houses.

I was also wondering if someone could tell me what the selling price of the 2010 City House was when it was out, cos I've seen it online for £40 and was unsure whether it was a good deal or not?? Many thanks.

£24, £40 is way too much for a small house. :wink:

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Though we do not see these sets today, Lego does provide us with a basic alternative

e.g. 5899 House Building Set, 6194 My Lego town.

A poor alternative, but with a bit of imagination ........

Other house options might be some of the licensed sets e.g. 4728 Escape from privet drive

Edited by alepto

Eurobricks member SirSven7 has added my article to his most excellent blog.

His blog has, among other things, a series of articles on the various waves of Pirates sets from 1989-2009 - a very good and detailed information source.

Check it out here:

http://legosteveblog.blogspot.com/

Edited by Lorentzen

This article was so good I had to add it to my blog (with Lorentzen's permission of course).

I say keep them coming (and if you want to add any more great articles to my blog just let me know)

Thanks again :laugh:

Great article :sweet: . I think Lego miss such buildings today - as such now city looks like there are police and thiefs, fire fighters, airport, spaceport and few others. I see houses only in Lego constructor - nice ones, but still they are not the same as ones from old catalogues. There are few of course that looks great like City Corner or Marina (they two I think can be ideal combination of city beach - great for both genders to play). Some houses based on classical one should be added to them (maybe small post office, small houses to bring some life to Lego Town).

Thank you for great article. :wink:

I am a big house fan. I love the modulars, and mostly that's what I try to MOC. I also like the Creator line very much. In my opinion, their houses are much nicer in comparison to standard City with open backs. However, I strongly feel that there are never too many houses in the city, so more are welcome. As to decide, what I prefer, I am more in the way of modular and Creator houses, but I agree completely on the fact that at least modulars are way out in the price range for many people. In this way, I'm not sure what to go for. In this respect, my vote goes for more civilian and smaller houses, as these can always be MODed into something bigger with a back side (the way I prefer them), even though in general I prefer Creator houses and modulars.

Modular houses I saw are great buildings, but as I think for a childrens more important is to have more smaller buildings to populate town - and have fun in using them. Both modular and Creator building are really nice models (I agree, modulars have price which are out of range for many people). :wink:

I am a big house fan. I love the modulars, and mostly that's what I try to MOC. I also like the Creator line very much. In my opinion, their houses are much nicer in comparison to standard City with open backs. However, I strongly feel that there are never too many houses in the city, so more are welcome. As to decide, what I prefer, I am more in the way of modular and Creator houses, but I agree completely on the fact that at least modulars are way out in the price range for many people. In this way, I'm not sure what to go for. In this respect, my vote goes for more civilian and smaller houses, as these can always be MODed into something bigger with a back side (the way I prefer them), even though in general I prefer Creator houses and modulars.

Lego should offer more smaller houses for the Town-Line. Not everyone is able to buy those big and expencive modulars. Beside the point that they can't be bought in the Toy-shops here in Holland and have to be ordered.

I myself am a big fan of the modulars, but is see posibilities in smaller houses too as a way to gain bricks for MOC modulars, without paying a lot of money in one time.

My LEGO Town needed all types of houses for housing, but mayor don´t have money.

It's nice to see that people are still reading this article :)

oddly enough it has the most hits on my blog (somewere in the region 5000+) so its a very popular article, if you ever have anymore of these let me know and I will add them to my blog if you like as this one was very good indeed.

Classic Lego Houses

cheers

I found it a very solid article, well presented.

I'm also in favour of lego releasing more normal buildings. The price point has to be low, which means a low part count, and I love the older houses. I don't know how well the old sets worked for lego in terms of economy, but I would love to see a 16x16 or 16x32 house that was within reach of a child (something around the $50 mark now...), built to go with the Modular standard.

I`d also like to see a park design. (and yes, I have my own...) as well. Say, a 32x32 park, with the sidewalk on one side, and a cypress tree as the centrepiece, along with 30-40 flower stems & a couple of the smaller trees...

James

I am a big fan of the Modulars. I also like the smaller Creator buildings. For me the question is not either or, or indifferent, but I believe we need both or all three including the open back houses.

They need more, smaller, open back houses for the city/town line to satisfy more price points.

I'm not a fan of open back (except for he Winter village sets), but the smaller, less expensive sets are needed to make LEGO more affordable and perhaps bring some folks into the hobby who may have not otherwise been able to afford the price of admission.

Andy D.

Edited by Andy D