Sign in to follow this  
Inkog

MOC - Sunset Grog

I was inspired to create this MOC after receiving the 4194 Whitecap Bay this weekend. I'm a castle guy myself, but thought I'd share my first foray into a pirate theme. As you see i leaned heavily on the PotC style. I hope you enjoy it, it was great fun building it.

More photos on my Flicker page.

sunsetgrog.jpg

5655296473_c7631c2f48_b.jpg

Edited by Inkog

It's a fantastic piece. The stand itself is a piece of art, and I can picture this being an add-on to Whitecap, though Lego would never release something this cool. :pir_laugh2: I like the fisherman, and it's the little details that really make this scene, like the rainwater bucket, the docked boat, and the varied pier. Great, great work. :thumbup:

WOW! i must say for a first Pirate MOC display its just amazing! :pir-classic: i love the roof tile's! :thumbup: great work, i can see the insperation of the Whitecap Bay set. hope to see some more MOC's :pir-oh:

Edited by - Spark -

Nice MOC. It's quite detailed and realistic.

The base you've built it on, and the tiled water are professional too. [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Good work! The roof construction in particular is very convincing... Looks just like old weathered wooden planks used in such makeshift huts :pir-classic:

The only thing i found odd is how the SNOT technique on the pier looks a little strange because it is so smooth and reflective, which is unusual for wooden floorboards that are not polished :pir_laugh2:

Wow, very nice! I like the shape of the old rotten building and how it fits in the PotC building style. Well done.

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the beach and the pier - and the water is excellent too.

Aye Curumba! :pir-oh3:

I love it! :pir-wub: The fishing boat and how you made the roof is my favorite.

I notice that the small skinny stick piece under the main roof is kind of tilted which in my opinion brings out great detail kind of showing that the building has been there for a while.

So much detail its amazing!

Thanx for sharing.

Very nice, I love the roofing technique, plus I'm a sucker for see through tiles.

It is quite evident you used Whitecap Bay as your primary parts source and may I say it looks great, especially the roofing :pir-wub: absolutely beautiful!

Keep on Brickin'

~Bayonet