Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Young Obi face and CW Obi face

gallery_101_23_281.gif

So I dont really have a problem with the CW faces like some people do. However I was messing around with a spare bearded Endor commando I have. I took his head and put it on my old Obi body and gave him the hood and hair. It looks like a young Obiwan.

Here is a comparison between old and my face swapped young Obi.

img3473s.jpg

img3471l.jpg

img3475sf.jpg

So the ultimate test. Young obi face on CW body. Does it feel right? I dont know if I would keep it like this. I like CW Obi's hair as it matches the series but looks out of place on this Lego face.

img3474.jpg

I like your use of that face for a younger Obi-Wan, although I don't usually imagine Obi as that unhappy. It's certainly much better than LEGO's EpII and EpIII Obi-Wan faces, which were looked absolutely nothing like Obi-Wan, though I loved them anyway. Brown is also much more accurate than LEGO's orange (except for CW, where his hair actually is pretty orange :wacko: ).

On the CW body, it doesn't work as well, but I like the cartoony faces anyway, so I see no need to try and improve the figures by using something else. Hopefully, LEGO will someday provide us a new EpII or EpIII Obi-Wan figure like they are an EpI figure that accurately represents him, but this is a nice substitution.

That looks pretty good, although I think there might be too much beard on that face.

You can pretend he just left Mustafar haha. That is why he is so unhappy. He is distraught over amputating his friend and leaving him to burn. No time to maintain his trimmed beard.

That Endor commando face does look good for a young non-TCW Obi-Wan, though I agree it doesn't work that well with TCW version (the anime face, no matter how creepy-looking, still provides the accurate cartoony look).

The CW on looks like He should if the CW was live action. As an intermediate step this looks good, much better than generic heads that have served young Obi in the past. Shame He looks so sad, maybe its because Ahsoka died.