Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Queen Amidala

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I'm not a big Star Wars fan. I own some sets, mainly for the figures or parts, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. When I saw the Kimono girl from the CM Serie 4 I thought her head was perfect for Queen Amidala. BTW ignore the headpiece. I wonder if I'm the first to use the Kimono girl head for queen Amidala... This is so simple it has to be done before!

5642684297_f171788887.jpg

Considering that the Kimono Girl fig is relatively new, you are the first one I've seen use that head for Queen Amidala, and it does look very accurate (with only additional red spots on each cheek needed, which is quite easy to do even using sharpie).

That is excellent, it's even got Her look of angry determination 'I will not sit and watch while you discuss his invasion in a committeeeeee' :laugh:.

I also had this idea as soon as I saw that head. Great job making the fig, badboy! :thumbup:

Wow I just love amazingly simple things and this my friend is one them. That is very clever. Thanks for givIng me another reason to get Series 4!

Interesting...

Head looks great. Not so sure about Gunray's (?) torso. Too bad there isn't a good slope for the dress, though.

Hello!

That's a great Amidala minifigure! I am big fan of minifigures only using official pieces. I also think the headgear is fine! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for the comments guys. I had been thinking about using the Castle Advent red queens torso and dress for her but that torso has a yellow skin tone. I'll try to take a picture of it to see if it looks better.

The Gunray torso looks great but the sloping legs don't just use the normal legs and a red cape, but the head is uncanny.

The Gunray torso looks great but the sloping legs don't just use the normal legs and a red cape, but the head is uncanny.

My daughter is a huge fan of Amidala/Padme. She came up with this too, as soon as she saw the pictures of the set. What is the headpiece from?

- Michael

I beat you to it :grin:

5614093648_018c4c0dec.jpg

I think your torso works better though....

Indeed it appears you did. I like the capes you used and I really like the fact that you used the back side of the kimono for the torso. Very creative.