wooootles

MOC: Midtown Condominiums

indexed.gif B-RM-6C

Hello again,

This is my big project that I started August of last year. It was photo-ready by January but then I had to move to a new house.

This is about 90% complete because some rooms are still bare, though I will update this thread once I get around to finishing it.

Featuring cameos from the Grand Tourer, Yellow city car, and the Small SUV.

Flickr link:

Midtown Condominiums

Here are some of the pics!

MC1.png

MC2.png

MC3.png

MC4.png

Questions, comments and suggestions?

Thanks for looking!

That is absolutely stunning, wooootles! The interior is great, and the facades are brilliant. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

'wooootles', this is totally AWESOME, the detail right down to the traffic light is almost too much. Great photography too, you caught the details perfectly ! :thumbup:

Brick On 'wooootles'.....and is there another to join it.....say a five'n'dime store - now theres a challenge ! :grin:

Wow, my jaw dropped when I saw these pictures. Absolutely wonderful style and so many little details. I can't stop looking at these. Great job, wooootles!

Great architecture and then all those details. This is simply fantastic!

Edit: Can't wait to see the interior of the last flats.

Edited by laka

Great condominiums, wooootles! :thumbup: I especially like your use of flat tiles on the front of the condos, it really gives it a "brick" look.

Thanks for the comments, all!

I'm already working on the complementary project for this.

With all the tiled floors and tiled walls I think there's about 3000 pieces here on tiles and SNOT headlight bricks alone :laugh:

WOW! wooootles I have been waiting a while to see this and I must say I didn't think it would be as good as this. This is brilliant!

Great work and I can't wait to see your next project. :classic:

I have to join the others in praising this MOC. It's very well executed, from the general architectural design down to all the lovely interior details. I like that very realistic open kitchen solution with the bar counter, and the widescreen TV.

I don't know if that was intentional, but the contrast level is a bit low on the images. In the case of the main image, it actually turned out very nice, giving the impression of a misty morning in Midtown :)

Excellent work wooootles! Simply an outstanding modular condominium, I love the conservatively beautiful external architectural design as well as the highly-detailed interiors. :thumbup:

Thanks all!

I too noticed the some of the shots have that foggy morning look, but I did use natural sunlight (taken in the afternoon) so whatever the effects are, I think it looked good anyway :laugh:

I tried to keep the architectural style modern but not too stylized like Cafe Corner :classic: The design was loosely based on some of the upscale condominiums in California.

MC5.jpg

Edited by wooootles

man this is amazing! how many Fire Brigades and Grand Emporiums did you use to make this?

Really amazing! Big house, nice architecture, many details... :thumbup:

(Though I also think some photos look a little too foggy.)

Great apartment building wooootles. I really like the architectural style you employed with alternating plastered and brick walls. It really creates variety on such a big structure. The interiors are also very creative.

Thanks, glad people like it lots!

man this is amazing! how many Fire Brigades and Grand Emporiums did you use to make this?

Hehe, now that I'm looking at it I did use a whole bunch of tan bricks and dark red tiles and windows that Grand Emp. and Fire Brigade used alot! But no, I used none of those. This was about 60% Bricklink (multiple stores at that), 20% PaB wall exploits, and about 20% CREATOR 6754 (3 sets). That's my rough estimate of my sources

Really nice. I like the contrast very much. I am trying as building right now as my first big project upon returning to LEGO. It isn't going to be that big though, but I am looking for ideas for the interior so thanks for the inspiration.

See it on Classic-Town.net

Sweet condos! I'd just love to see a nice big park alongside those... planning on building one anytime soon? :sweet:

What a beatiful street! :sweet: This looks like it could be taken right out of a real city street. The facades are excellent, with the SNOT-tiling mixing in lovely with the rest. The interior is also really nicely done. Great job on this :thumbup:.