Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Raxus Prime Assualt

:oh: This is huge! What I like most is that usually Raxus Prime always turns out looking unrefined and clonetardish, but you've managed to avoid any of that. Great job on the (tons of) greebling as well. I guess if any criticism at all can be given to this model, I think it would be that there is so much greeble that it all blends together, and nothing really stands out color-wise. On first look, I didn't see any of the clones.

Oh, and nice job integrating your flickr name into the acid river sea, the way you've done it.

Yeah I had a hard time spotting the Rodians. One thing that bothers me is the constant circular holes in the greebling pieces. There are so many of them that it seems to be almost like a pattern.

Wow, that is simply epic. I remember this level and you've recreated it very very well. I'm astonished by the size.

Whoa what a fantastic diorama!!! So many details and all that greebles! Nice job and really inspiring

Thanks for sharing

Thats a whole lot of greebles! :oh:

You really did capture the dirty messy metal wasteland well in this diorama. Its truly great!

Could you post some close up pictures if thats ok? :look:

Fantastic creation 501st! The massive amount of effective greebling details is certainly the 'star of this build'. Overall simply an outstanding piece of brickbuilt artwork. :thumbup:

Wow, this is lights out. The greebling on the MOC is incredible, but the whole thing is so good I can't comment on much else more, haha. Great work, this is one of the my favorite detail MOC's I have seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing!

Wow. When looking through your no picture failed to not make me awestruck! :cry_happy: At first glance a couldn't even see the figs! :tongue:

Hello!

That's an amazing scene there! :classic: It provides the perfect feeling of the description in the books and comics. I am quite impressed by the poison green water and the islands in it. I can imagine that it cost a lot of time, pieces and money to create this, but it's definitely worth it! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic:

Thats a whole lot of greebles! :oh:

You really did capture the dirty messy metal wasteland well in this diorama. Its truly great!

Could you post some close up pictures if thats ok? :look:

Thanks, and of course!

5643278145_8ebf499afc.jpg

5643230931_2167df0e34.jpg

There are plenty more in the gallery (25 I believe).

Hello!

That's an amazing scene there! :classic: It provides the perfect feeling of the description in the books and comics. I am quite impressed by the poison green water and the islands in it. I can imagine that it cost a lot of time, pieces and money to create this, but it's definitely worth it! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks! Yes, it took a ton of time. I started in October, so on and off for 6 months, making this project my most time consuming. Luckily I had most the pieces, because this ended up using the little amount of old grey I have. The only pieces I needed to buy specifically for the project were the trans green tiles/plates.

Ouch, half a year '501st'.....wow, one word - AWESOME - totally ! :grin:

Almost as epic as an 'ACPin' design.....may the brick be with you '501st Commando' ! :grin:

That is huge and perfect. :wub:

That is a great or better said a stunning MOC you got there. :thumbup:

I got a few questions.

How big is the landscape?

Some spots on the water/chemicals look like letters, are those random or a reference?

Great job with all the crumbling/decaying metal- that has got to be the hand-down best job on constructing a broken starship I've seen! :classic:

Edited by Kuat Drive Yards