On a scale of 1 to 5  

229 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Very interesting Trans clear orange Skeleton body.

Ya, when I noticed that I instantly thought "Ghost SW minifigs". If TLG has found a way to do trans skeleton parts, maybe normal minifig parts are in the close future?

Ya, when I noticed that I instantly thought "Ghost SW minifigs". If TLG has found a way to do trans skeleton parts, maybe normal minifig parts are in the close future?

I don't think so. The issue with trans minifigs, as I understand it, is that the way the arms and legs need to connect would cause the weaker plastic used for transparent parts to crack. Skeleton bodies don't suffer in the same way as the arms and legs connect using ordinary clip joints.

What i really want to know is what "treasure" does the code from the card unlock on the lego website!

anyone notice how on the back of the box the figurehead has a different head than what comes in the set? The box has an angry skeleton, where as the set comes with a regular skeleton.

I am going to go and see OST a second time monday and pick this baby up when I'm finsihed. Can't wait to build her, I think I'll pop in CotBP while I do. :jollyroger:

QAR VS Brickbeard's Bounty

2011-05-21_20-50-50_592.jpg

2011-05-21_20-51-33_490.jpg

2011-05-21_20-52-12_310.jpg

2011-05-21_20-54-09_873.jpg

oh, brickbeard may have felt "ship envy"... you know, thinking his vessel isn't big enough... after the imperial flagship arrived, so he kinda upgraded a little.

Now looking at the two ships together, I'm afraid I prefer the 2009 Brickbeard's ship to the QAR. The only way I'll buy a QAR if it's half price now. I think I might just rebuild Brickbeard's ship now and stick Jack and the rest on it - hey, I'll have somewhere to stick the Captain's Cabin set eh ? :pir-laugh:

Keep drink rum.....it's improves....somethings ! :pir-laugh:

Wow brickbeards bounty looks really small on the instructions I was looking thru yesterday!

The funny thing is that the Lego POTC game shows some lego sets such as the Black Pearl, Flying dutchman and the QAR, and so far the QAR is an LDD Spitting image of the real Lego QAR ship, I wonder if the black pearl and the Flying Dutchman will follow suit.

When you see the QAR docked, its the same way you would have your ship docked without sails, I mean it looks surreal, if any one wants pics in comparison I would be glad to show you guys, but I mean it's amazing what the Black Pearl and the flying dutchman will be. I wonder if we'll see the Endeveaour or the Dauntless.

Edited by eldiano

That's a very, very heavily modified Brickbeard's Bounty in Goldenmasamune's photos. The real set is much smaller and a lot less impressive looking than that. Of the two, I definitely prefer the Queen Anne's Revenge.

That's a very, very heavily modified Brickbeard's Bounty in Goldenmasamune's photos. The real set is much smaller and a lot less impressive looking than that. Of the two, I definitely prefer the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Definitely. I own Brickbeard's Bounty and it's not as big as that. If anyone has the regular Brickbeard's Bounty in addition to QAR, could they please post a comparison pic?

Due to B&N being annoying and once again canceling my order YET AGAIN, looks like I'll have to wait to get this set.

I just spent 3hrs building the ship tonight after seeing the movie today and I must say it's FANTASTIC!

I also added the captain's cabin set inside...

1f7f7ea8.jpg

Although I did forget to put the skull on the top shelf.

Very nice work with fitting the shelf of ships in the cabin of the QAR. I saw the film too, and now I feel like these sets make way more sense. Nice work! If only the set was big enough to have the closet and the doors open to reveal the whole fleet of bottles.

Slight spoiler warning.

Isn't the captains cabin set technically on the bottom deck of the ship as that is where all the bottles are held?

:jollyroger:

No, the Bottle rack is in the captain's quarter of the ship!

I saw the picture and didn't like how there wasn't any space for blackbeard to be in the middle, here's my version of the captain's cabin with QAR mixed in, I had to scatter the table and the globe to the bottom where the canon's are to fit confortably. I had to remove the two gold pieces of the globe and switched with a cannon stud to make sure it stays put.

p5290091.th.jpg

p5290092.th.jpg

p5290094.th.jpg

EVERYTHING on the captain's cabin fit perfectly on the ship with out heavy modifications. hehe some, but I think it's cool. I also hate the fact that the Mini Fig "Gunner" of QAR is missing the Sword holster, I must have seen the WhiteCap Bay and the Captain's Cabin with Gunner comes with his Sword, but not on the QAR set.

Here's some pics!

Steady as she goes:

p5290095.th.jpg

Captain's Cabin with QAR:

p5290096.th.jpg

p5290097.th.jpg

p5290098.th.jpg

p5290099.th.jpg

p5290101l.th.jpg

p5290102.th.jpg

here's Gunner minifig with the holster. hehe

p5290104.th.jpg

easy!!!

Hello. Is Angelicas hat removable? Her hair seems to resemble Elizabeths and Syrenas.

Sadly it's one piece. I was a bit disappointed to discover this when I got the set.

Great review and great set, i was most impressed by the little things like the new bucket, sword and jack doll. Brilliant.

Can't wait to get my hands on this set!!

Thanks for the review!

Against my better judgment, I picked this up last week. I had been thoroughly unimpressed with both the photos I had seen, and from the review, and had planned to pass this one by. I'm SO glad I didn't. While not anywheres near as good as BSB, or the new Imperial Flagship, It has a lot of great details, and is a lot larger than I had expected.

Certainly a well designed and beautiful set. Offers a lot of possibilities for alteration, especially into a more realistic and historic looking QAR.

Well, I just finished building QAR and I must say it exceeded my expectations!

£100 is generally well out of my price range. However, after much buttering up of the missus (Oh, you treat yourself to this... you treat yourself to that...) I'd made my mind up when visiting Liverpool that I was going to buy the Black Pearl from the LEGO shop as thats more in the £80 price range which I find it easier to justify. However it was out of stock and as I'd set my heart on getting myself a ship I pushed the boat out and got the QAR.

Exterior-wise she's beautiful. All the bones really set the tone of her being a pirate-ship not to be messed with! The sails are fantastic and the capstan with the anchor is a really nice touch! She may not be quite accurate of the ship on the film but what lego products are completely accurate of their film counterparts?

Initially I was disappointed to see that she has stickers at the back. I dislike stickers generally but I do feel that these work well!

Interior wise. Meh. Pretty bland but nothing that cant be modded!

For the pricetag it would have been nice to have had an extra cannon to complete the broadside (whats with having two gun-flaps without a gun-port under them also?). Wheels for the cannons, a door to the cabin and generally a few finishing touches to the inside.

In my opinion TLC got this around 95% right. A tad more fine-detail on the interior and general polishing would have got it to the 100% mark!