Sheriff von Snottingham

Block of flats

Hello,

I'm today's newbie and just want to introduce myself here in this theater.

My name is Christian, I am 38 years old and I registered here on March, 27th. I've been playing with Lego since I was three years old; the first set I remeber to be given for birthday was the fabulous 918 Space Transport. It's still one of my favourites sets!

I live in a town nearby Hamburg, Germany. I like building buildings, especiallly historic. So my first MOC I want to show is an apartment building located in the center of Hamburg, builded in 1878/79. The ground floor and upper floor have been completely modificated so I used a historic picture of the facade to build it:

Jungfernstieg_50_Fassade.sized.jpgBilder_Hamburg_Jungfernstieg50.sized.jpg

(I will replace the helmets of the left and right upper floor figures, but when building this house I had only one dark grey hair for the center figure but no Dumbledore hair and no Obi-Wan Kenobi hair in hand so I decided to take two helmets as compensation...)

More pictures are here.

Around four years ago I built a block of flats in a different style with no archetype, but often built in Hamburg around 1870-1880:

Etagenhaus_Fassade_1.sized.jpg

For more pictures, click here!

That's it for today, enjoy!

Bye, Christian

This is a heck of a first showing on the message boards! Both are truly fantastic, but the roof on the red and white building is my favorite part. The scale of each are so far beyond most MOCs that it makes anything I've done feel absolutely tiny in comparison. Well done :classic:

Drop-dead AWESOME! Those apartment buildings are simply sensational, gotta love the accurate and intricate details and some unique building techniques I've never seen before (roofwork of the red apartment). Now this is what you call a grand entrance to EB! Definitely a most impressive job SvS and welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

Amazing! Looking at these is like a masterclass on building... thanks for sharing them with us! :classic:

It looks like you're not a newbie at all, Christian!. This is exactly the kind of of buildings that are a great inspiration for modular-style Lego, and you built them very convincingly. The second building could very well have had an real life counterpart as well. Well done!

Well 'Sheriff von Snottingham' thats how you make an entrance with some totally AWESOME modular building, but what I like the most are the front doors.....brick-built and perfect ! :thumbup:

Keep them comming and Brick On 'Sheriff von Snottingham' ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Wow, your accuracy is amazing. Even if the picture wasn't there, this is outstanding and looks as good as an actual LEGO set.

Since you did put the picture next to it, it makes it even more impressive. Awesome work.

Hello all,

thank You so much for Your feedback! It makes me happy to see You enjoying my mocs and I promise to keep up building this way.

Just as a teaser, this is what I'll show next: A 4-unit underground set:

u_bahn_berlin_HK_2.jpg

Bye, Christian

See it on Classic-Town.net

Schön gemacht! :wink:

By the way, that HK U-Bahn you showed is also used on the U2 line in Berlin. Can't wait to see it!

This is a heck of a first showing on the message boards!

I couldn't have said it better. Welcome to the forum, and I hope we get to see a whole lot more of your work!

Great MOC 'Sheriff von S' :thumbup: Your detailed work is terrific! Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the train :classic:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Awesome MOCs Sheriff, the attention to detail is amazing, and I love the photography. The second MOC shown was obviously photographed outside, is that the same for the first? Oh, and welcome to EB :grin: .

That's some detailed buildings you've got there, they look almost real! :sweet: Way to introduce yourself and welcome to Eurobricks! Hope to see more nice creations from you in the future.