Sign in to follow this  
filospinato

MOC: BQM-74E

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So, I work in the aerospace industry, specifically on target UAV's. I decided I needed something LEGO for my desk at work, something related to the work I get to do. The 74E isn't something that our company produces but it has clean lines and is fairly straightforward to make in LEGO. It elicits comments from visitors who happen to stop by my desk, it's a fun conversation piece about the 74E.

It's not quite done, I haven't attached the JATO bottles and the fwd forks need a bit of work, still. I was able to use light bley for almost all of the launch rail with the exception of the metal detectors which I don't believe come in bley.

Anyways, enjoy. I also attached a shot of the real bird for comparison.

Cheers,

Jake

th_IMG_0592.jpg th_IMG_0593.jpg th_IMG_0599.jpg th_IMG_0595.jpg

th_SAM11.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indxed

Excellently done filospinato! :thumbup: The overall design is pretty spot-on based on the reference image, and I really like the greebling details of the launcher support. Citrus-orange missile bombs away! :laugh:

Very nice work! Great shaping all around, even if I happen to like the launch rail better than the drone. :grin:

Hello!

The trigonal stand is very clever, and is the real eyecatcher here for me. I guess it steals the rocket's show. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nicely done.

Interesting that the US Navy would pick orange.

Thanks, I think it might have something to do with recovering the target in the water and pilots seeing it when it's flying. It also caused me to have to order orange bits internationally as there were some that weren't readily available here in the states. Not all target UAV's are orange, though.

The next one I'm working on is the GQM-163A Coyote, along with it's booster and launcher.

th_LDDScreenShot17.png th_ORD_GQM-163A_Coyote_Launch_lg.jpg

After that, maybe the MQM-107E and AQM-37C.

th_040420-F-7709A-016.jpg

th_37C_3v.jpg