Sign in to follow this  
oo7

My MOC Ship

I have bought the Durmstrang ship (for 60%, I might add) and done some major refinement including the removal of my figurehead, poor Joe.

Was that major refinement to the DungStain ship or refinement to your MOC? You could possibly "refine" the DungStain ship into a pirate ship!

Oh, sorry that I wasn't clear, I did a refinement on my ship (Now that I took Joe off I don't have a name :-| ) I despise the design of that HP ship even though it has good pieces. It is WAY to high for it's length and I think I can't change that since middle hull pieces that match these don't exist yet (I think). But if you really, really want I can make a horrendously out of proportion pirate ship that wont be as good as mine.

Only make a ship out of the DungStain hull if you're inspired to do so. Forcing yourself wouldn't make for a very enjoyable experience and this would probably effect the outcome of your creation. So don't taint your Pirate MOCing experiences by forcing you to build something that doesn't feel right!

Also, if you wouldn't mind could you upload the promotional image to the Joe Vig Brickshelf Folder? You've done well to include it in your root Brickshelf folder, but must I ask forthe more folders we put it in the better off we'll be.

__discuss.jpg

Only make a ship out of the DungStain hull if you're inspired to do so. Forcing yourself wouldn't make for a very enjoyable experience and this would probably effect the outcome of your creation. So don't taint your Pirate MOCing experiences by forcing you to build something that doesn't feel right!

Eh, If it's LEGO, it's enjoyable.

Also, if you wouldn't mind could you upload the promotional image to the Joe Vig Brickshelf Folder? You've done well to include it in your root Brickshelf folder, but must I ask forthe more folders we put it in the better off we'll be.

Yes, tis done, Lord Admiral.

If you think you'd enjoy making something Piratish out of DungStain ship then you go right ahead! There's plenty of laddies here that would be eager to see it. And many thanks for helping promote and grow the forum, your efforts have been noted.

My ship, now the HMS Prometheus, and I still can't make the bloody sails.

port_side.jpg

Improved bow

foward_view.jpg

Close-up

aft_view.jpg

New captain's quarters

captains_quarters.jpg

That ship is really improved now buit i think it should be more strait...then It would be one of the best MOC ships because it would be original and useful

With those modifications, that is definitely an awesome ship. About how long did it take you to come up with how to make the hull?

Much improved! *y* My only suggestion is to try and space the masts out better. They look just a little too squished.

By the way, how stable are the diagonal sides of the hull?

i think it should be more strait

Cap'n Roger-could you please elaborate on this, right now what you mean here is not clear to me.

Sean-I didn't have to even think of it, it just came to me. Also, As I have no other hull pieces, the only other choice was to make it out of bricks.

Mr. Syedow-Yeah, I was worried about that too and I spent quite some time toying with the placement of those masts. If you don't mind Mr. Syedow, could you tell me specificly which masts should be placed where.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm glad you think think it's good, as this is my first pirate MOC and I have no pirate sets so I'm not sure what to expect.

Mr. Syedow-Yeah, I was worried about that too and I spent quite some time toying with the placement of those masts. If you don't mind Mr. Syedow, could you tell me specificly which masts should be placed where.

Try lining the main mast up with the second black flag and extending the main deck to put the aft mast flush against helm's plate. I would then build a stair-case on one side of the aft mast leading up to the helm and another one to the captain's quarters.

Also, why did you decide to rename your ship the Prometheus? I can see how the flags fit in, but other than that I'm baffled.

Try lining the main mast up with the second black flag and extending the main deck to put the aft mast flush against helm's plate. I would then build a stair-case on one side of the aft mast leading up to the helm and another one to the captain's quarters.

That would be nice but if I extend the deck to the helm there would be no room for the stairs to below deck.

Also, why did you decide to rename your ship the Prometheus? I can see how the flags fit in, but other than that I'm baffled.

Why is Evil Willy's ship named the Lotus?

Why is Sean's ship named The Corinthian?

There is no definate reasoning, the name means soimething, but part of the reason a name is given to a ship is that the name sounds good. Prometheus was a strong titan so the name implies my ship is powerful. Also, Greek mythology is always a good place to get classic, old sounding names. You can name a ship whatever you want, you don't have to build a ship named "The Green Parrot" out of mostly green pieces.

i think it should be more strait

Cap'n Roger-could you please elaborate on this, right now what you mean here is not clear to me.

Ok...I think is really strait and as a consequence only too few minifigs fit in that ships...a width ship could be better because it fit more minifigs in it

Oh, you meant this ship is to narrow. Yes you are right, but unfortunately I can not change that without taking out my airplane fuselage and replacing it with bricks that would make it look blocky and stupid or replacing it with LEGO hull pieces which I do not possess yet.

That would be nice but if I extend the deck to the helm there would be no room for the stairs to below deck.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Only extend 2/3 of the main deck. You might even want to replace the present plate with a smaller one so the stair-case has more room to breath. It would be a lot easier to explain if I knew the schematics of the Prometheus. :-P

Why is Evil Willy's ship named the Lotus?

Why is Sean's ship named The Corinthian?

There is no deffinate reasoning, the name means soimething, but part of the reason a name is given to a ship is that the name sounds good. Prometheus was a strong titan so the name imposes my ship is powerful. Also, Greek mythology is always a good place to get classic, old sounding names. You can name a ship whatever you want, you don't have to build a ship named "The Green Parrot" out of mostly green peices.

I meant no offense. I am not familiar with the reasoning of naming ships. I once role-played a pirate themed rpg (I still do very occasionally) and usually when the ship was renamed it would fit in with the theme of the ship. For instance I renamed my sloop the Black Barracuda and painted it white. :-D However that wasn't exactly intentional because I liked the name and wanted to paint one of my ships white. Sloops are the smallest so it is the most affordable to paint, and at the time it was the only sloop I owned.

the steering wheel on a ship is called the helm, was that the word you were searching for mr oo7?
Mr. Cleese, I don't know, ask Ghoulrealm he seems to be the sailing ship expert around here lately.

Yes, you could call it the helm as the ship's steering mechanism or a manned position.

If it was detached it would be reffered to as a wheel.

My ship, now the HMS Prometheus, and I still can't make the bloody sails.

port_side.jpg

I was on a holiday when this ship was posted, so I kinda missed it...

Well, it's never too late!

This is a big improvement from the original design.

Let's say that the ship has grown up and is now ready to rule the oceans.

How are you doing with those sails oo7? Any progress?

Yay! Zombie thread resurrection!

As for me ship, it was destroyed long ago. It sounds depressing, but I don't really regret it as I needed the pieces for other things (and I still do). And that's the beauty of Lego.

And the lack of sails don't bother me in the least.

Yay! Zombie thread resurrection!

As for me ship, it was destroyed long ago. It sounds depressing, but I don't really regret it as I needed the pieces for other things (and I still do). And that's the beauty of Lego.

And the lack of sails don't bother me in the least.

When can we expect another ship or pirate related MOC from you, 007? Will you remain stubborn in your sailless ways?

That's a very interesting way to make your bow 007.

I'd like to try something like that on a future model.

I'll have to go check out your BS folder to see if there are any better pics of the bow.

P

Edit:

I found a pic X-D

foward_view.jpg_thumb.jpg

what type of pieces were used for the bottom of the ship?

When can we expect another ship or pirate related MOC from you, 007? Will you remain stubborn in your sailless ways?

Not very soon I'm afraid. If I were to produce any other Pirate MOC soon it would be a land based entity. Right now I'm caught up in Town and H&A.

That's a very interesting way to make your bow 007.

I'd like to try something like that on a future model.

I'll have to go check out your BS folder to see if there are any better pics of the bow.

Thanks, Mr. Phred. Although I don't now why the sides look so curved in that picture...

what type of pieces were used for the bottom of the ship?

That's the funny part X-D. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that it was the bottom of the fuselage from the 7893 Passenger plane.

B000A32OCO.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

There's a kinda-sorta picture here.

That's the funny part X-D. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that it was the bottom of the fuselage from the 7893 Passenger plane.

B000A32OCO.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

There's a kinda-sorta picture here.

Oh my gosh! 8-o

That's awesome! :-D

I didn't know that set could be torn apart like that. :)

I gonna have to check out those bricks on BL to see if they're pricey

P

Thanks, Mr. Phred. :-$

I didn't know that set could be torn apart like that. :)

I would be mighty annoyed if it couldn't, that would be one huge megablock of a piece!!

Mr. Tiber demonstates its proportions here.

I would be mighty annoyed if it couldn't, that would be one huge megablock of a piece!!

That's exactly what i thought it was so i never even thought about buying it. 8-|

I guess i was proved wrong :-$

P