Flare

D2C Contest: Lunch Break

Lunch Break

As an Atlantis explorer takes time for a snack, it looks like some creatures nearby are going to be doing the same... :devil:

5613125934_f9489cd5b4_z.jpg

Lunch Break

Item #: 10321

Ages: 14+

Pieces: 379

Price: USD $39.99 / EUR €39.95

Year: 2011

Minifigs: 3

Theme: Atlantis

5612550217_4703fefc9f_z.jpg

5613131066_5ac5ca85c6_z.jpg

5613134592_862c7fca89_z.jpg

5612558451_8f6503ce44_z.jpg

5612561315_36ab7c491d_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing and wish me luck! :classic:

Pretty neat entry Flare, I think this will make for a good small set, though having a base with a significant large piece count is something we don't usually see in standard sets (but should be a welcome development if ever we see one in the future). Nice work and good luck in the contest!

Pretty neat entry Flare, I think this will make for a good small set, though having a base with a significant large piece count is something we don't usually see in standard sets (but should be a welcome development if ever we see one in the future). Nice work and good luck in the contest!

Thanks, Kiel!

Very nice work Flare! I missed the little walker thing when I saw the pictures on Flickr though. And I'm quite envious of your sea creature collection. :wub:

Very nice work Flare! I missed the little walker thing when I saw the pictures on Flickr though. And I'm quite envious of your sea creature collection. :wub:

Thanks... it hasn't been cheap :grin:

This is a nice-looking and funny scene, but I'm afraid it doesn't look like a set at all. It has barely any play features and SNOT bases are very unusual for TLC as KDM said. Also, non-licensed sets are hardly ever centered on a single scenario such as a lunch break, and the whole thing is much too small for a D2C set. That's my honest opinion anyway.

Good MOC though. :thumbup:

This is a nice-looking and funny scene, but I'm afraid it doesn't look like a set at all. It has barely any play features and SNOT bases are very unusual for TLC as KDM said. Also, non-licensed sets are hardly ever centered on a single scenario such as a lunch break, and the whole thing is much too small for a D2C set. That's my honest opinion anyway.

Good MOC though. :thumbup:

There's always a first, right? :grin:

Very good, Flare! I like the landscaping and the walker.

How can the diver eat with the helmet?

This is a nice-looking and funny scene, but I'm afraid it doesn't look like a set at all. It has barely any play features and SNOT bases are very unusual for TLC as KDM said. Also, non-licensed sets are hardly ever centered on a single scenario such as a lunch break, and the whole thing is much too small for a D2C set.

I agree with you.

How can the diver eat with the helmet?

I was wondering that too. :laugh:

It's a nice MOC, with some great techniques. It's a humorous scenario, and it looks good. However, it's just not something that I could see ever becoming a set. Other than the walker, there's nothing to play with, really. There's no action features or structures. It's basically just a flat bit of ground with some weeds, sea creatures and a walker. I think that if you focused more on the vehicle, added some sort of structure and included a play feature, it would be much better. Good luck with the contest!

A cute little concept and rather humourous, but in desperate need of something to make it standout, i feel. The SNOT base seems like an interesting choice, given that you have worked up areas of the sea floor on top of it. Are the studded bits meant to be rocky outcrops, and the tan base the sand? Cause that would work visually, but maybe in two tone, like grey studs and tan smoothness. The tan all over just confuses me. :sceptic: I'd love to see a bigger walker too, and maybe a brick built sea monster, rather than the prefab sharks and swordfish.

Best of luck in the comp though! :classic:

Edited by gabe

Thanks everyone, thankfully we can have more than one entry, so my next one will be full of play features... thanks!