Sign in to follow this  
sok117

Stun Tank

gallery_101_23_281.gif

If you've been keeping up with TCW, you've probably heard of a stun tank. Their military application beyond putting giant beasts to sleep is beyond me, but nevertheless, I thought it would be a nice challenge for me to try and remake it in bricks. This was the end result.

star_wars_025.jpg

as always, now that I have flickr, The rest of the shots, showcasing different views and features of my creations can be found on my Flickr Account, I urge you to browse through.

Nice job. Honestly, I know too little about this vehicle to offer any real criticism, so I'll let one of the CW builders do that. As for me, I always like to see studless creations, but there's nothing wrong with this one. :classic:

Another very nice creation sok! You're quite on a roll today huh? :wink: I'm glad to see a brickbuilt version of this CW vehicle, and I'd have to say you got the overall basic shape and design pretty well. I don't know if this is already a finished MOC, but if ever you decide to improve this, I think you could make the dome base of the gun larger and nearer the center. Some SNOT building for a smoother surface finish would also improve the overall look. But as it is, this one is already a good-looking version. Well done! :thumbup:

Okay I'm going to be the Clone Wars nerd here. As I think that this is one of the cooler vehicles in "The Clone Wars" I'd like to see you make the reflector dish on the main cannon more of a rectangle like the real one. I would LOVE to see you make more of a semicircle on for the guns mount, and maybe make the tank a bit shorter too. Anyways this is pretty close! :thumbup:

AWESOME 'sok117', now who's a bright spark eh ? :laugh:

Fantastic tank, shape right and that's a big electrode ! :laugh:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

Nice job. Honestly, I know too little about this vehicle to offer any real criticism, so I'll let one of the CW builders do that. As for me, I always like to see studless creations, but there's nothing wrong with this one. :classic:

Tanks! :sweet: , (I just mis-spelt thanks, but then I realized, it made a rather fitting pun)

Nice :sweet: I like the shaping a lot. My only gripe is the hatch that holds the gun, it's a bit clunky. Other than that nice model :thumbup:

I agree, I'm thinking about elevating the 1x2 45 degree wedges to amke them more flush with the top, and also removing some plates. I hope you don't mind me saying it, but as I was building, I thought it looked like something you would make, the tiles mixed with studs on republic vehicles just reminded me of your work!

Another very nice creation sok! You're quite on a roll today huh? :wink: I'm glad to see a brickbuilt version of this CW vehicle, and I'd have to say you got the overall basic shape and design pretty well. I don't know if this is already a finished MOC, but if ever you decide to improve this, I think you could make the dome base of the gun larger and nearer the center. Some SNOT building for a smoother surface finish would also improve the overall look. But as it is, this one is already a good-looking version. Well done! :thumbup:

Yeah, I just got around to finally posting some of these MOCs that have been sitting around. I think I have to improve this, cause originally I was going off of a picture found on the internet

screeny_1.jpg

But after building up the front, I stopped using this reference becasue I lost the picture, so I decided to just build it the best I can, it seems as though, in doing that, I've missed a lot of details as I look back on it. I'll definitley try to work on the dome because that is the part I'm least happy with, but the snot building might not happen, I'll also try looking in to some more tiles, but I love my studs, so will see what I can cook up. And thanks for the comment!

Okay I'm going to be the Clone Wars nerd here. As I think that this is one of the cooler vehicles in "The Clone Wars" I'd like to see you make the reflector dish on the main cannon more of a rectangle like the real one. I would LOVE to see you make more of a semicircle on for the guns mount, and maybe make the tank a bit shorter too. Anyways this is pretty close! :thumbup:

Yeah, I agree, looking back, I think what initally inspired me to do this moc was a video from TCW video game, and their stun tank used the same design I used, so I just based it off that, but I agree and will change it when I get a moc 2 up. As said above, I'll work on the turret, but I'm not sure about making it shorter, we'll see, but I don't really want to break up the side detailing.

Now I just got to figure out how to keep the removable gun rack module, while keeping the turret rotating function...

Yeah, I agree, looking back, I think what initially inspired me to do this moc was a video from TCW video game, and their stun tank used the same design I used, so I just based it off that, but I agree and will change it when I get a moc 2 up. As said above, I'll work on the turret, but I'm not sure about making it shorter, we'll see, but I don't really want to break up the side detailing.

Yeah that's what I figured. Still it's not a bad solution. Ah well. Not every detail can be perfect! :classic:

Yeah that's what I figured. Still it's not a bad solution. Ah well. Not every detail can be perfect! :classic:

Yeah :blush: , do not fear! A new moc will be acquired shortly, however, any more criticism on this would be useful.

I agree, I'm thinking about elevating the 1x2 45 degree wedges to amke them more flush with the top, and also removing some plates. I hope you don't mind me saying it, but as I was building, I thought it looked like something you would make, the tiles mixed with studs on republic vehicles just reminded me of your work!

Now I just got to figure out how to keep the removable gun rack module, while keeping the turret rotating function...

Haha, stud-less and studded surfaces are always been a favorite of mine, and I also favor lots of plates, so I see how you could say that. I also, of course, looovvveee republic vehicles :grin:

That's a toughy :look: I think I know a solution, but it'll take a lot of time to explain. It's also difficult to apply, but it'll work. I'll send you a PM once I'm sure it work, I'll probably use the same method on my CTT for those hatches.

Edited by DobbyClone

Haha, stud-less and studded surfaces are always been a favorite of mine, and I also favor lots of plates, so I see how you could say that. I also, of course, looovvveee republic vehicles :grin:

That's a toughy :look: I think I know a solution, but it'll take a lot of time to explain. It's also difficult to apply, but it'll work. I'll send you a PM once I'm sure it work, I'll probably use the same method on my CTT for those hatches.

very interesting, I eagerly await your technique! Thats two things you owe me now, pictures of your CTT and building techniques :laugh:

very interesting, I eagerly await your technique! Thats two things you owe me now, pictures of your CTT and building techniques :laugh:

It involves simple technic, and round bricks. That entire cannon portion will be able to turn, with a smaller door for the gunner.

CTT update will come tomorrow, promise :classic:

I've never seen the clone wars so this tank is new to me, looks vaguely like the imperial artillery tank off Empire at War. The front end looks really cool and armoured and the whole thing is amazing! :classic:

Very good. Looks very accurate, although all the studs and the blocky dome make it look a bit rough. Nice work. :thumbup:

Their military application beyond putting giant beasts to sleep is beyond me

Have you played LSW3:TCW? It's very good for frying hordes of battle droids, or anything for that matter! :devil: And I believe they used the same building technique for the reflector dish as you did.

Looks great, some little details are wrong but all in all a good little MOC.

Are there any good screenshots of the LSW3 Stun Tank?

I like the concept

I would like to see you make one that is minorities scale that uses Lego own style guidelines

(you need to create a cabin that has a removable top interior space needs to be accounted for...

Play value per piece count - use generic pieces for structure must support it's own weight it would be cool to have a zillion beast foot included like the old movie maker set...

First of all, very nice creation, sok117.

I have played LSW3:TCW and I think they did a pretty good yob too.

Does anyone know is it possible to build that tank (from LSW3:TCW) in real life,

I mean, are there any instructions for it?

I would like to see you make one that is minorities scale that uses Lego own style guidelines

(you need to create a cabin that has a removable top interior space needs to be accounted for...

Play value per piece count - use generic pieces for structure must support it's own weight it would be cool to have a zillion beast foot included like the old movie maker set...

If you go to my Flickr page (link in first post) you would see that I already added those functions :classic: , besides the Zillo foot of course

If you go to my Flickr page (link in first post) you would see that I already added those functions :classic: , besides the Zillo foot of course

That was a great MOC you made SOK. I really like all of the detail you put into it and the interior of the tank is my favorite park. I love these CW creations, especially the Republic army ones. :thumbup: