Davor

WIP Davor & Kost Tatooine diorama

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey!

Here is Work In Progress pics of Tatooine diorama that Kost & me are building for this years Lego Exhibition EXPO2011 in Croatia. As you can see its gonna be quiet big one :) Deadline is around August/September 2011.

Orientation:

51993828.jpg

SEGMENT 1 (by Davor)

EVOLUTION:

Stage 1

83128166.jpg

47929908.jpg

Stage 2

24603193.jpg

19241971.jpg

Stage 3

72847175.jpg

65135632.jpg

Stage 4

66142858.jpg

Stage 5 (FINAL VERSION OF SEGMENT 1)

68845670t.jpg

87484278.jpg

25990518.jpg

26899677.jpg

EXTRA:

Vehicles & Vaporators (by Kost_u_grlu)

15529295.jpg

78847909.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Now that's a WIP, goodness it's FANTASTIC, almost as good dare I say.....'ACPin' ! :blush:

The buildings and vehicles are great, so what's next in this WIP 'Davor'.....whatever it is it will move into the AWESOME arena ! :grin:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

Great! That looks really good. The only thing I think needs work is the minifig selection, and vehicles. Some landspeeders would seem more fitting, rather than the speeders you've got now. Maybe taking off that M0ando might also be good idea. Other than those things, this is awesome. The moisture evaporators are particularly well done. :thumbup:

NEXT SEGMENTS :

92365644.jpg

Great! That looks really good. The only thing I think needs work is the minifig selection, and vehicles. Some landspeeders would seem more fitting, rather than the speeders you've got now. Maybe taking off that M0ando might also be good idea. Other than those things, this is awesome. The moisture evaporators are particularly well done. :thumbup:

hey man,

you must understand this is just a small secondary street. There will be planty space to build more landspeeders,ridings animals and everythign else since this gonna be really huge diorama with bunch of streets, building, minifigs and everything in it and there will be time and place for landspeeders, specialy in the main street.

Also we will fill the sky aswell (couple of models "flying" above diorama on transparent strings).

Edited by Davor

Wow this WIP is already looking fantastic! The whole diorama looks really movie accurate even if it's still unfinished. The individual Tatooine vehicles are nicely done MOCs themselves. I'm excited to see the finished product, truly an impressive work so far Kost & Davor! :thumbup:

I just love Tatooine Dioramas and this one is looking very promising (as always).

One little nitpick are the domes on the top of the buildings. I find that using SNOT with stacked plates makes a much smoother semi-circle. Similar to the Taj Mahal.

Wow this is great are you going for this layout?

I really like the land speeder, BTW what is the windshield piece?

Amazing work Davor.

Can't wait to see this cool diorama finished :wub:

It looks really good, well done :thumbup:

I really like the use of the Ewok Glider's wing, I did that too, a long time ago :tongue:

Great work, Davor! I really love the buildings and the canopies. Well done, I really look forward to seeing it finished!

This is going to be an awesome diorama!!!love it so far,only one complaint: even if this part is meant to be a street i would add a little "ground-structure" like pretty small hills or some since it is a desert-city.

Wow, thats awesome... Can't wait to see it with my own eyes. Where is EXPO this year? Is it in the technical museum again?

Pozdrav iz Zagreba.

You just can't register on Kockice, gogocar...

I have told you to do that in Primošten at least 10 times. :laugh:

EXPO 2011 will be in September (probably).

Back on-topic:

I have already commented this great and huge WIP on Kockice, but I think there were no plans

of diorama there.

kost_u_grlu, you sure know how to build vehicles and Davor, street layout is fantastic.

I didn't know it's going to be diorama of that size. *huh*

tnx guys.

reg. dome strucutures....well to be honest I would love if lego had cool half-spheres that i could use for big and small domes in tan color. I was never big fan of brickbuild ones. Maybe I will improve domes...maybe not...will see...its LOT of work still to do and september is long way.

It's still amazing, whatever domes you use.

Are you using a lot of reference for these, or just winging it? You two have definitely captured the feel of tatooine cities.

It's still amazing, whatever domes you use.

Are you using a lot of reference for these, or just winging it? You two have definitely captured the feel of tatooine cities.

we were studing lot of pictures, OT and PT movies, cw series episodes with tatooine and official visual guides books to get a general idea and feeling. Althou buildings are from our heads, we still try to do something that could be seen on tatooine and trying to do design similar to reference we use.

for eg. this gray building with circular openings on roof is shaped like some hangars on tatooine althou it isn`t hangar, on the other hand design of elevated entrance to this one is taken from another house seen in the movie, and roof openings are taken from design of industrial houses on tatooine.

Fusion.

Edited by Davor

wow this will be a great diorama. my suggestion is that you use less grey and more tan and white(yes) in buildings.

there will be some white color aswell. but lot of building on tatooine are acctualy gray.

Absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to see it finished!

I really hope that I will go on exhibition and see it live