Sign in to follow this  
Randal

Restoring backgroundless screenshots in 4.1

I need to find out how to keep LDD from adding the background to its screenshots in the latest version of LDD.

I suppose there was probably a request for the ability to use the provided backgrounds in the screenshots feature of LDD, but for those of us who paste the backgroundless models on top of our own backgrounds, I would hate to see that option go away. So if there is some line of code I can add or remove from my version to exclude the provided backgrounds from screenshots, please let me know, as this would make my life so much easier. I am fully aware that TLG would not be responsible for any performance issues that resulted.

Edited by Randal

Hmm, I havent seen any changes in that. I recently made a new avatar, which as you can see, is transparent around all the sides, and the program still sends everything to the same place in the same format as before. Could it be the theme that you are using it in. The one I did was the the extended mode but I am not so sure about how the other themes take screenshots?

It's simple. If you use LDD's built-in screenshot tool (Cmd+K or Ctrl+K), you get a .png image with a transparent background. If you use your computer's screenshot tool (Cmd+Shift+3 or PrintScreen), you get a replica of whatever you were seeing on-screen when you took the screenshot.

Hope that's what you were looking for. :classic:

I've always clicked on the camera in the upper left corner of the LDD menu. I'll try the ctrl+ option next time. Thanks. If that doesn't fix it, I may have to reinstall the program or something.

---After checking---

For some reason it's still adding the background to my png's, even with the ctrl+k. The only thing different between today and yesterday was the download and installation of LDD4.1 ...

Edited by Randal

For some reason it's still adding the background to my png's, even with the ctrl+k. The only thing different between today and yesterday was the download and installation of LDD4.1 ...

No idea. I just checked on mine, and both Cmd+K and Tools->Take a Screenshot result in a .png image with transparent background. :sceptic: Does yours show the background of the program or just a solid white background?

It shows the current changeable background. Like the desert or space or the oceanic islands, etc. Specifically the desert dunes.

It shows the current changeable background. Like the desert or space or the oceanic islands, etc. Specifically the desert dunes.

Wait - what if you switch it back to Build Mode and then take the screenshot?

I'll try that after I finish making today's comic.

That did the trick, thanks. =)

That did the trick, thanks. =)

You're welcome. It's weird, though, 'cause I just checked and I get transparent background no matter which mode I'm in. Maybe this is a WIndows-version thing.

I use Windows 7, if that helps...

Same here, and I was surprised to see the background still there on my screenshots. I guess it's good that you can have more choice of backgrounds on your screenshots now then.