Follows Closely

MOC: Apartment

indexed.gif B-RM-2E

This is one of the first modular buildings that we build. It is an apartment for the residence of our LEGO town. My kids enjoy building out the inside of our buildings. This one was stripped of it's interior when we built our library. As you can see there is a good mix of old and new blocks, we used what we had and I am pleased with the way the patch work of gray and bley turned out.

P1060876 (Small).JPG

P1060874 (Small).JPG

P1060878 (Small).JPG

P1060879 (Small).JPG

P1060885 (Small).JPG

This was build over 4 months ago, yet the following two shots, especially it's size and rear roof line remind me of a certain modular soon to hit the streets.

P1060880 (Small).JPG

P1060888 (Small).JPG

P1060887 (Small).JPG

As always constructive criticism is welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Follows Closely

Very nice building 'Follows Closely', neat combo of colours on the rear wall ! :wink:

The frontage is beautiful actually.....makes you feel you are living on Ave. Q ! :grin:

avenueq1.jpg

Great work and Brick On 'FC' ! :grin:

Very nice modular apartment FC! Four/Five floors - that's one tall building alright (by LEGO standards). I also like the variation in texture and colors of the walls, it's a good thing you did that instead of going the easier but a bit boring smooth finish. Great job! :thumbup:

Wow! The Apartment is nice, and it is very detailed. The robber on the roof is my favorite part. Is there a big fuzzy chair for me inside? :grin:

@Lightning Tiger: You must really enjoy those puppet shows. :laugh:

Very nice modular building, I'm doing something similar, like on a 16x32 bp, I'm loving the roof detail with that robber there, good way to add some playability :thumbup:

The colours and detail on the front and the lil overgrown bit at the back are great, only thing me thinks is theres 2 many plants in the front, i think the tan flowerbox under the window would be better and lose the brown round one and the odd one on the left.

Good job! :classic:

Great work, Follows Closely! I love the colours you've used. The style of the building is really nice, I like how tall and thin it is. An interior would be nice, but it's good enough as it is. Well done!

I've been checking this post a lot this weekend. It's been a big inspiration for my current build. I especially like the roof.