Sign in to follow this  
VerSen

Review 4194 Whitecap Bay (part 1 and 2)

Actually these sets are not owned by VerSen. These were granted for the certain time for review purposes.

Actually the author of the text of the review of "The Captian's Cabin" is me, VerSen has made great pictures for the review. I think I'll be able to translate/rewrite the review in English and publish it at EB. Also VerSen is working of translating reviews to let EB visitors read these without using Google online translator service.

Oh, sorry :blush: . I just thought because it was VerSen that had done the other reviews, that it was her doing the Captain's Cabin review too. Well thanks for writing it, and I look forward to reading it when it's translated.

Edited by Gregorovich

Interesting and early? Quality pictures, though I could use a bit more words in reviews to get top marks.

I love to play devil's advocate so... boy, that belt printing is horrible, innit? :sick:

Oh! It was so nice to see this review.

Caribbean_4194_5370.jpg

And I've just noticed. Is the mermaid with brown hair crying? Or is it the light that makes her a tear?

Edited by Corioso

Oh! It was so nice to see this review.

And I've just noticed. Is the mermaid with brown hair crying? Or is it the light that makes her a tear?

I think that she is crying. I've read things about the plot, and it says they need a mermaid's tear. I'm glad to get a crying female face - I'm sure it'll come in handy.

I've been watching trailers for the new film, and the Syrena figure is absolutely spot on! It looks just like the actress.

Nice review. I like the set, but i have to think seriosly what i have to leave away, probably gonna get the Captains cabin, London Escape x2 and Fountain of yoth only. And shouldnt this also post in Pirates forum? Because POTC is Pirates theme related but its also a lincenced theme. So im a bit confused :blush:

Captain Becker

It looks absolutly awesome! Now I know I made a great choice when I decied I wanted this set. Can't wait to get it....

Thanks a lot.

You just made my day. :thumbup:

Really awesome review!! On this set comes the new metallic gold coins ?¿

Wow, I didn't know people were already getting their hands on these! This set looks great, although the biggest selling point is definitely the minifigures for me. The light tower is nice but the detail is a little sparse for the price point. Still, it's not a bad set. Nice review!

Excellent review!

Moved to the Pirates forum as we decided to have PoTC in our pirates forum, because even when it's a license, we like to have all pirate stuff in one place.

Great review, you know exactly what you get when you buy this now,

I haven't seen any POTC lego in the stores in the Netherlands yet.. :pir-hmpf_bad:

but I hope it will come soon, I want some of them!

Bart

I haven't seen any POTC lego in the stores in the Netherlands yet.. :pir-hmpf_bad:

but I hope it will come soon, I want some of them!

Not really a surprise you haven't seen any of them: no-one anywhere in the world has seen any of these sets for sale in stores yet! On April 16th, we HOPE these will be available on Lego S@H and perhaps in Lego Stores... But don't even hold your breath for that: it might even be that they will be available on US S@H before they are available at European S@H.

Not really a surprise you haven't seen any of them: no-one anywhere in the world has seen any of these sets for sale in stores yet!

then how does he get a hold on a box ?

- or am I being stupid here ? -

then how does he get a hold on a box ?

- or am I being stupid here ? -

Not stupid, probably too lazy to read other people's comments :pir-wink:

This is what Zeek said on page 2 of this topic:

Actually these sets are not owned by VerSen. These were granted for the certain time for review purposes.

I really like the buckets. :thumbup:

They will be very handy!

I am sure they're going to be very expensive on BL. :pir-sceptic:

I WANT IT! I WANT IT! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :pir_bawling:

:pir-hmpf_bad:

Not stupid, probably too lazy to read other people's comments :pir-wink:

I actualy did read all the 'I want', 'I like' and 'good review' comments but missed that one :pir-hmpf_bad:

good review.

I think there are new accesories like the black boat...in 1989-1997 pirate theme we had red and brown boats only...in 2009 pirate theme we had blue boats too....now we have black boats.

Hum...the guy with the tricorn has a nice accesory to keep his blade when he is not fighting. But i don't like Jack Sparrow's compass. In old pirate theme(and in other themes like Aquazone) we had true compasses...now Sparrow's compass is simply a piece of plastic. How sad.

I really like the buckets. :thumbup:

They will be very handy!

I am sure they're going to be very expensive on BL. :pir-sceptic:

:pir-hmpf_bad:

Maybe at first, but they're in a ton of the POTC sets, as well as this summer's Kingdoms sets (including the least expensive one), so the prices will come down.

good review.

I think there are new accesories like the black boat...in 1989-1997 pirate theme we had red and brown boats only...in 2009 pirate theme we had blue boats too....now we have black boats.

Hum...the guy with the tricorn has a nice accesory to keep his blade when he is not fighting. But i don't like Jack Sparrow's compass. In old pirate theme(and in other themes like Aquazone) we had true compasses...now Sparrow's compass is simply a piece of plastic. How sad.

Yeah, the black boats are cool. They'll make great longboats for the Black Pearl. The compass is understandable, at least to me. Jack's compass doesn't work like a normal compass, and the compasses used before do. They're really too large for minifigs to hold, and haven't been in production for ten years. TLG probably figured they could get an acceptable result from the way that they did it, and threw the "real" compass idea out, if they considered it at all.

Edited by punkkid364

Excellent review!

Moved to the Pirates forum as we decided to have PoTC in our pirates forum, because even when it's a license, we like to have all pirate stuff in one place.

Sweeeeeeeeet!

This is such a great set. The best PotC set that's not a ship!

agreed. If you can still find it on clearance, it's one of the better sets that crosses over well into other themes. It works really well with Castle stuff or LotR, etc.Well worth the price. The usefulness of the figs is a bit mixed. Although the Mermaids are great and you get scrum and phillip You probably have more Zombie Gunners and Jack Sparrows than you know what to do with at this point.