KimT

What did you get to get the exclusive fig?

Fire Brigades. 5 of em. And another order filled with smaller sets. That comes out to be 6 Shadow troops, if they don't combine the orders. :look: .

Wish I could have gotten 5 more figs by ordering the $150 dollar sets. Maybe they could split the sets in half, ship them seperately, and give me a troop for each seperate order of $75 :laugh: . I wish I could have bought them in-store, but the closest is 4 hours away.

Strange story for one little minifig.

Went to my local Berlin Store yesterday. Bane's speeder (ha ha) and the Tantive were already sold out. So I decided to buy them online - as they were no shipping costs during the two days. So I ordered the 2 sets directly in the store. As I received the Lego mail, there was no ARF on the list. Another mail came, saying I have to pay with credit card because my order was too expensive for direct debit or something.

So I went again to the Lego store today, and the friendly Lego guy who saw me yesterday gave me the poster and the ARF - just like this. There was an error in their "Lego-Store-ordering-at-S@H" system, that's why I couldn't get the ARF online.

So I have an ARF without spending money - but I want that Tantive. :D

Oh and btw, you will see the best review of all time soon. Tomorrow. Or so. I'm just looking for an English user who would like to help me translate it from German ("review" is on my blog, in German.)

Greetings

Bane

Due to a very non user friendly way on the s@h ordering, I missed my chance to get the Shadow ARF Trooper.

During check-out, I missed (or it wasn't there) the checkbox if you want the ARF Trooper.

So I ordered without applying the checkbox. I see this as a big fail on Lego's part.

They've should placed the checkbox between the order list en confirmation button and they've should have made a validation upon confirming your order.

Lego Helpdesk was again very supportive and helpfull, kudo's for that, and were looking for a way to send the figure separately . But alas, at the end of today the Lego Helpdesk calls me back with the bad news that all the Minifigs are gone, and they legally couldn't send the minifig afterward. They offered to compensate with a Lego keychain for the trouble. But i'll pass, I'll send my order back and will ask for a refund.

Apparently I wasn't the only one having problems with this promotion. From what I've gathered the Helpdesk had its hands full with this promotion.

It's a shame it had to go this way. I work in the interaction design business, so i really bothers me even I overlooked the checkbox for the Shadow ARF Trooper. And I am pretty pissed, because the sole reason for my order was the minifig.

Even-though Lego helpdesk is friendly, supportive and helpfull as allways, i'll make a formal complaint.

The Force was not with me on this one.

I just orderd another X Wing, to add to my Rouge Squadron, Lukes Landspeeder, and a Darth Vader Key Chain. They still have the exclusive figure in stock here so I selected it on my order. Looking forward into getting it and the cool poster. I feel bad for the all you guys and girls overseas, I would think they would have copious amounts of the figures seeing how Lego started there.

I just orderd another X Wing, to add to my Rouge Squadron, Lukes Landspeeder, and a Darth Vader Key Chain. They still have the exclusive figure in stock here so I selected it on my order. Looking forward into getting it and the cool poster. I feel bad for the all you guys and girls overseas, I would think they would have copious amounts of the figures seeing how Lego started there.

True but USA is the biggest toy market in the world. Also Starwars is an American creation. The biggest and largest amounts of SW fans live in the US.

Should I be worried?

Probably not. If it's on backorder they'll probably do another production run and send it to you eventually.

Just ordered General Grievous’ Starfighter, Clone, Snowtrooper, and Rebel Trooper battlepacks and a Series 4 fig. to get my Shadow ARF. I know, last minute, but I made the cut by around a two minutes. Well, the sale is over, but the page is still up (they took the extra stuff down seconds after the promotion ended). It now just tells about the Falcon drawing which is still going on...

EDIT: Just checked, and as of now, the sale prices on the few discounted items are still on sale. So if that's worth it to you, you can still get them cheap...er

Edited by Cad Bane

Just ordered General Grievous’ Starfighter, Clone, Snowtrooper, and Rebel Trooper battlepacks and a Series 4 fig. to get my Shadow ARF. I know, last minute, but I made the cut by around a two minutes. Well, the sale is over, but the page is still up (they took the extra stuff down seconds after the promotion ended). It now just tells about the Falcon drawing which is still going on...

EDIT: Just checked, and as of now, the sale prices on the few discounted items are still on sale. So if that's worth it to you, you can still get them cheap...er

Picked up a Tantive IV in my first order and on the second, the Grievous Starfighter along with the Lego MBA sets 2-6 subscription....I'll use my accrued VIP points and promo code for the pick a brick for MBA set 1 next week.

I aquired Cad Bame's Speeder and the Imperial V-Wing Starfighter. some nice figures and interesting parts. Plus some of the POTC sets to take advantage of the free shipping.

I suspect that physical Lego stores will not have sold out of ARF Shadow troopers. And s@h will have the stores ship back the remaining sets to fulfill back orders. Doing another production run does not make any sense.

Long story short... I ordered a backordered Tantive IV and so wasn't given the option to get an ARF. An email whine later and they are sending me one (although not a poster). Very nice of them.

Are you planning on a dio of landspeeders?

As of now no. Being an OT fan, I found the landspeeder to be the most appealing despite the set not being on sale.

My Shadow ARF has just been placed to back-order...

Should I be worried?

yes you should be worried...

my order placed at 9h00 CET on the 3rd was just put on backorder,

and one guy from lego called me saying that there are no minifig left,

so they won't be able to send me one!!

i am so dissapointed!!

one of my friend ordered the same day at 16h00 CET and NO star wars, and got a minifig!!!

:sad:

my package from lego arrived today, did anyone else notice that the poster is indivudually numbered. mine was 24395 of 35520

Edited by echobasehoth

i am so dissapointed!!

one of my friend ordered the same day at 16h00 CET and NO star wars, and got a minifig!!!

I am pretty sure my store had a surplus after the promotion. I don't know if this is feasible but you could ask customer service to tell any of the stores to ship you one.

my package from lego arrived today, did anyone else notice that the poster is indivudually numbered. mine was 24395 of 35520

So the euro version has 35520 limit while the us version is 23500 (mine was 11614).

AC

Hi

I'm not really into Star Wars lego but when I ordered a few non SW items (Police bank set and some Pharaoh's Quest stuff) on the 3rd, the ARF trooper was added to my order, I then got a message yesterday to say it was backordered but the other items had been dispatched. Today I got another message to say that the ARF trooper has been dispatched so I guess it being backordered isn't necessarily bad news... we'll see if it turns up!!

Didn't really plan on getting anything, but took my 4 yro son to the San Mateo store anyway just so he could see the new sets and the Death Star they have on display. Then I noticed the large quantities of Series 4 minifigures they had there. I haven't gotten around to getting any of these yet. It being a slow day at the store, the clerks helped me feel up the bags to get what we wanted (100% success rate btw). So 10 minifigures and a few SW magnets later (good kids' friends' birthday presents), we've hit the $75 threshold and gotten our ARF trooper, poster, ice tray, etc. Amazing how you can walk into the LEGO store not planning on buying anything and drop $80 in no time...

BTW, looks like San Mateo had plenty of ARF troopers, as well as Tantive IV and the other SW on sale items. Guess they're probably back to full price now.

i am so dissapointed!!

I just called LEGO and they said I will be just a few days later from my order..

You got me worried there for a bit :tongue:

I went to my local store and picked up 10 more. There are three more in the picture which are spoken for and I opened my 14th one.

p1060184j.jpg

:oh: Are they just selling them off, now?

Nope I bought $750 worth of SW legos haha yeah right. yeah I walked in and they are selling them. $9.99 each. A bit more than the "3.99" value.

I dont know how long this will last. So I suggest those of you close enough to a lego store take advantage of this.

Again I would suspect S@H recalling these from the stores to fulfill back orders.

Edited by Solscud007

Nope I bought $750 worth of SW legos haha yeah right. yeah I walked in and they are selling them. $9.99 each. A bit more than the "3.99" value.

I dont know how long this will last. So I suggest those of you close enough to a lego store take advantage of this.

Again I would suspect S@H recalling these from the stores to fulfill back orders.

So you are buying them for $10 and selling them for $20? :thumbdown:

So you are buying them for $10 and selling them for $20? :thumbdown:

Yeah its called supply and demand. These are going for $20 on average on BL. why do people have a problem with this?

Its like people getting White Boba Fetts for free in england and asking for expensive stuff in trade. I dont live in england so I traded for one. I was happy to get one. Not everyone can get the ARF trooper. I hear rumors that UK and other countries have sold out or listed ARFs on back order.

Also people are selling the figure for more than $20 and it was FREE to begin with. Granted after a $75 purchase.