Sign in to follow this  
Paulski

MOC: Nuclear Submarine (minifig scale)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

(This is the first time I'm posting a model, so I'm sorry if I got the wrong section).

This is my first serious MOC built in LDD, a minifig scale nuclear submarine:

lddscreenshot1.png

lddscreenshot2.png

lddscreenshot4.png

lddscreenshot5.png

I built this model purely for LDD, so the model is built very unlogiocal and would fall apart if built IRL, lol. This will be different with my next models. I also made the interior with a few minifigs, but it's still more for the sake of being there, rather than to be very realistic and detailed. If you want to see the interior you can download the lxf file HERE and take the model apart for yourself :)

Any comments are welcome, but don't be too harsh, im still a learner ;)

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice sub in LDD 'Paulski', but this goes in the OTHER themes forum with other military creations ! :wink:

I'll ask a MOD to shift it for you......keep on LDDing ! :grin:

Nice LDD Submarine Paulski!

Brick building it? :thumbup:

Unfortunately I don't have the bricks (or the money for that matter :p ) for it.

Minifig-scale? Now that must be one huge sub if built in real bricks. Pretty neat model, the overall shape and basic elements are nicely captured, and I could understand the conservative exterior finish which is accurate with real subs. May I ask the piece count of this before I open the LXF? (might crash my PC if it's too high). :grin:

Minifig-scale? Now that must be one huge sub if built in real bricks. Pretty neat model, the overall shape and basic elements are nicely captured, and I could understand the conservative exterior finish which is accurate with real subs. May I ask the piece count of this before I open the LXF? (might crash my PC if it's too high). :grin:

It has 4765 bricks :)

Would love to see an inside :)

I actually did make the interior, but you'll have to take the sub apart in LDD to see it ;)

Nice sub.

Making a submarine will be my dream project. looking at the Australian Collinc Class design.

Not too worried about inside, just wanna make it for a display.

Looks nice, a pity you cannot make something like it in real life. How about making a smaller Micro scale version of it?