Sign in to follow this  
rhymer

What ever happened to Dino Attack?

One can only hope X-D

But on a serious note, I haven't heard anything about a year two of the series, so they probably are. I don't think they sold that well anyway.

The Dinos attacked and won..........Hence no new sets :-D X-D ;-)

Hehe, or we europeans couldn't cage them :-D :-P

*yoda*

1) it's very quiet about the line these days. so they're either keeping the second wave very secret or there is no second wave. That wouldn't surprise me, though. I don't think it sold very well here, except for the smallest sets

2) i do hope we're done with the dino line. it was highly pushed by lego, with even a different line in the US, but i never saw this one as a potential legendary theme. in fact, i think it'll only reach the footnotes in the history of lego just for that...

3) we still have the sets here. hope they disappear soon

Its one of those themes we won't miss at all :-D Good riddance to those horrendous skittle dinos and stupid technic cages !!

Also you never know where to put those topics on EB !! Since its not a licence, has no City elements and is not really adventure where to move this ? Oh I'll blast it in City anyway :-P

Now there is space for a new january theme hehe but which one :-P

*yoda*

Oh I'll blast it in City anyway :-P

We have to discuss this at the next City Council meeting...

:-P

Its one of those themes we won't miss at all :-D Good riddance to those horrendous skittle dinos and stupid technic cages !!

Also you never know where to put those topics on EB !! Since its not a licence, has no City elements and is not really adventure where to move this ? Oh I'll blast it in City anyway :-P

Now there is space for a new january theme hehe but which one :-P

*yoda*

hm... i think this is more adventure, really...

Oh I'll blast it in City anyway :-P

We have to discuss this at the next City Council meeting...

Do we ?? Humm, who pays for your election campaign again ?? :-D :-P

hm... i think this is more adventure, really...

I don't because I will leave adventure to our friend and Indiana Jones ripp off J.Thunder :-P

Skittle dinos attacking a city and US destroying them/EU caging them is not for adventure BUT for safekeeping. And safekeeping/seek & destroy is not what I consider adventure hehe ;-)

*yoda*

Do we ?? Humm, who pays for your election campaign again ?? :-D :-P

That's a good question... who does, really?

if you ask me dino was doomed to failure for 2 reasons. super <insert that tiresome argument> dinasours. if they had made them out of bricks like the viking or creator series dinasours they may survive. the second reason? the machines are way too large for minifig size. i own the helicopter and there is no way a minifig can board the helicopter on its own. same goes for the jeep. the tank is also a failure as it: 1. doesnt look like a tank. 2. i know open top cars are popular but open top tanks?!

what a pity. even j thunder survived for 3 series. and alpha team survived 2 (maybe 3?).

viking dragons are fun - you can have the minifigs ride them. they are also much more menacing than the griffon (from harry potter) or the dragons (from dragon knights?). look much better than the whole piece dragons, imo.

check out the following viking dragons! dragon riders!!! wohoo...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=190910

Personally, Dino Attack was okay, but it could have been great.

Pros:

* The idea. Kind of like Jurassic Park. Who doesn't love JP? :)

* The designs. I got the helicopter and it really blew me away.

Cons:

* The <insert that tiresome argument> dinos. UGH. They added around $15 to the sets (going by price per piece) and were worthless to me.

* The color scheme. I just didn't like the tan/crimson color scheme at all. Using greens would have made this series so much better.

I always saw DA as kind of a continuation of the Alpha Team line, so if it goes away, I really hope they bring in something new along the same lines.

the machines are way too large for minifig size. i own the helicopter and there is no way a minifig can board the helicopter on its own. same goes for the jeep.

You think this is bad, The Dino sets are nothing compared to the Exo-Force Mechs. It's gotta take one hell of a Supermariojump to get into this thing.

difference is mech is futuristic so the pilot has a platform to enter the cockpit (rather than "jump" into the cockpit by himself. this is like the space shuttle where an elevated platform allows the pilot to enter the spaceship. that's what the little hanging seat in the 7709 sentai fortress set suppose to do. to bring the pilot from the platform to the mech's cockpits.

a jeep or helicopter does not or should not require any assistance in entering the cabin.

while i agree the design was "WOW" it was simply not MF size. it's more like technic figure size. simply said, the helicopter is larger than the sail barge, millenium falcon and is about the size of the star destroyer. while i know the "Real" star destroyer was supposed to be larger than the 6211 model, still the 4504 Millenium Falcon was just about the right MF size and that was still smaller than the helicopter. that is just wrong. :-( but that's only my opinion. :-P any thoughts?

Yeah, it was the oversized vehicles that put me off buying any of this line - and I usually love anything 'system'.

I hope the same doesn't happen to Exo-Force - that is my favourite line in a while.

S@H boasts that this helecopter has an XL-4 Voltaic Launcher with firing action, a Plarxx Radar Ray, twin Quintronic Beam Emitters and twin Sonic Screamers, to me that sounds like an attempt to make this helecopter sound high-tech. Why can't you use an elevated platform to get into a helicopter?

the 4504 Millenium Falcon was just about the right MF size and that was still smaller than the helicopter. that is just wrong.

The 4504 Millenium Falcon certainly did not have a scale ship to passenger ratio, it was much smaller. If they wanted to make it accurate it would have to be like this which would make it so horendously expensive.

I've seen a lot of helicoptors you need a ladder to get into :-P

And speaking of that chopper, that is one of the slickest vehicles LEGO has put out in a long time. The Hummer is nice looking too, if not way too big, I'll grant that. The other vehicles are mostly forgetable but the Helicoptor is pure money.

Plus, the minifigs were pretty sweet too. Yeah, they could have come up with a little more then 4 characters, but the Dino-Team is one sweet little brick Spec-Ops force

As to the weapons, I don't think they were going for "high-tech" so much as "non-lethal" ;-)

So I dug it, sad to see it probably wouldn't continue...but it proved LEGO can force themselves to do modern-looking military vehicles deino.gif

sorry but no helicopter should be as large as a space ship. that thing is practically 2-3 storey tall, in minifig terms. short ladders i can see that happening. 2-3 storey tall ladders? are you serious?

the jeep was as large as a tank, mf speak again. it's just not the right size.

I only got the two smaller sets that can be used in towns ;-)

I built the Humve with my little cousin (age 5) and its freakin HUGE !! its ridiculous *wacko* And the copter is the same !! so disproportionate !! They are just wortheless :-|

No wonder why the line will vanish forever (at least I hope) !! Good riddence to you stupid theme !!

*yoda*

difference is mech is futuristic so the pilot has a platform to enter the cockpit (rather than "jump" into the cockpit by himself. this is like the space shuttle where an elevated platform allows the pilot to enter the spaceship. that's what the little hanging seat in the 7709 sentai fortress set suppose to do. to bring the pilot from the platform to the mech's cockpits.

Before i saw your post,i wanted to say the same :-P

Anyway,probably my favourite vehicle from one of the lines that i dont like much (D2010) is the Quadbike.

It's so small and cool.But i truly hate the dinos.<insert that tiresome argument>...

if you ask me dino was doomed to failure for 2 reasons. super <insert that tiresome argument> dinasours. if they had made them out of bricks like the viking or creator series dinasours they may survive. the second reason? the machines are way too large for minifig size. i own the helicopter and there is no way a minifig can board the helicopter on its own. same goes for the jeep. the tank is also a failure as it: 1. doesnt look like a tank. 2. i know open top cars are popular but open top tanks?!

what a pity. even j thunder survived for 3 series. and alpha team survived 2 (maybe 3?).

viking dragons are fun - you can have the minifigs ride them. they are also much more menacing than the griffon (from harry potter) or the dragons (from dragon knights?). look much better than the whole piece dragons, imo.

check out the following viking dragons! dragon riders!!! wohoo...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=190910

I like *sweet*

Hi,

I'm new here I'll introduce myself later ;)

In belgium this line is called DINO 2010 and is still in all the shops.Today I saw a kid beggin his mom for the chopper.

I just got back in to lego and my first sets in over ten years are 7413 Orient Exp : Passage of Jun-Chi for 2 euro and Yeti's hide-out for 2.98 I love this adventure sets I think they will fit nicely around my traintrack.

Which I'll set up this summer

well, the 7477 copter is now on sale for $51. available from target. in shops only. i think the price is going to fall further since they are obviously trying to clear the shelfs for the new summer sets.

My little brother the Clone Lieutenant got the typhoon while i got the turbo tank. im glad i made the right choice but i still think the chopper is cool. Reminds of me of one of these right here *wacko*

Hughes_XV-17.jpg

this right here is the worlds largest helicopter The Homer, it flew at an altitude of 6 feet for ten minutes.

Mi-12.jpg

just becuase the typhoon is humongous doesnt mean its a bad model, Its just not a good idea to make helicopters in the real world that big.The only bad parts were those horendous dinos and all of those stickers. also has their been a review for it yet becuse ill gladly do one

I didn't like it that much either...I...I dunno...

The jeep absolutely sucked, the Helicopter was overpriced, and...ell, I was lucky to get my tank for 15$ at an outlet (yah!), and those dinos didn't look like dinos. T.Rex that looks like a ceratosaur with flaming hot super breath? the pteranodon looked like a dragon...Read my Prehistoric Power review, and you'll laugh at the comment I made about the Raptor attacking the Trike.

I can always buy tons of the little ATV thing, and make an army of those, or make them into lots of alternate model turrets, or just save the pieces and build a wheeled base with the pieces, toss the humans and make an overgrown Coelophysis army!!!WHAHWAHAH!

I'd be sad to see this line go, though, but...It could have been a LOT better. The old Lego Dinosaur were better than these, sadly, and I cannot understand how the Vikings line have such cool dragons and animals, as these dinosaurs suck and...yeah.