Lasse D

Sets with Coffee Machines

Are the Power Miners and Space Police examples the only examples of Coffee Machines in sets with minifigs that arent town/train?

I think I read that the newer space police have a set with one

Edit: I can't say for sure, unless a rock raider set has one.

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Are the Power Miners and Space Police examples the only examples of Coffee Machines in sets with minifigs that arent town/train?

Paradisa is minifig scale.

The list isn't complete yet.

Paradisa is minifig scale.

The list isn't complete yet.

Well, in some catalogs Paradisa was treated as a subtheme of Town, I think. I tend to think of it as its own theme, but in general Paradisa sets could easily have passed as Town sets with a different color scheme.

Wow. They keep popping up. Perhaps one should just take a look at all sets with mugs. How many of those are there?

Perhaps one should just take a look at all sets with mugs. How many of those are there?

According to bricklink the mug piece has appeared in 264 sets so far.Link.

LegoGalactus

The one in 5571 was actually advertised as a selling point in the S@H catalogs ("all the comforts of home: a bed, lamp, TV, CB radio, even a coffee machine!"). :grin:

The coffee machines can fit into small spaces and are an easy way to add a homely touch to buildings. I think just about all the large police and fire stations have had them.

I thought there was also a coffee machine in my 6380 Emergency treatment center (1987), but it could also be a tea warmholder or something like that.

According to bricklink the mug piece has appeared in 264 sets so far.Link.

LegoGalactus

That link gives us a nice splitting on colors:

White (24)

Red (83)

Yellow (49)

Blue (42)

Light Violet (2)

Dark Pink (5)

Pink (13)

Trans-Clear (60)

Trans-Dark Pink (16)

Anyone up for looking through all sets with Pink mugs?

I thought there was also a coffee machine in my 6380 Emergency treatment center (1987), but it could also be a tea warmholder or something like that.

If you find that it is a coffee machine, then I will add it to the list.

It sounds like you guys are looking for old sets with the mug/cup piece and trying to figure out if it has a coffee machine construction in it, right? You can check old instructions here and look through to verify:

http://www.brickfactory.info/set/index.html

Now i am thinking - where's my teapot, LEGO, huh? Not all of us are coffe drinkers you know! :laugh:

Looking at the back of the box for the new Petshop I noticed LEGO added a coffee maker and it reminded me of this topic.

Now you all forgot the 7642 garage, there is a coffee machine....a big one in the office ! :grin:

I wonder if minifigs drink decaf ? :laugh:

Keep on drinking coffee (I'll keep drinking wine, port and scotch :grin: )

Not in the same glass I hope? (Legoless awaits the first New Mannum cocktail bar complete with puking minifigs...) :devil:

This has got to be one of the strangest threads on EB for some time, but I like it !

You'll be delighted to hear that the new modular, Pet Shop, features a very nice coffee machine - Jamie Berard even refers to it in his video 'review' of the new set. So perhaps he's the caffeine addict......

D.

I'm just amazed that Lego released a set called "Emma's Chill-Out Kitchen". I assume this is where good raver minifigs go to sit for a while when the music and the lightshow get to be too much for them. Quite daring of TLG, actually.

I think it's safe to say that we can add 10218 Pet Shop to the list. :wink:

The coffee machines are nice but overdone as an accessory - case in point, the pet shop. Something new would be welcome.

- Michael

The Pet Shop gave us plenty new, like a toilet and a fishbowl. Having something new and having a coffee machine aren't mutually exclusive.

Even the Star Wars set "Home One" has a coffee machine :laugh:

Where? I can't see it.

One of the alternate builds on the box for 710 features a coffee machine.

The wrecker with car? Do you have a picture?

I think it's safe to say that we can add 10218 Pet Shop to the list. :wink:

Added.

I'm convinced there's a coffee machine in 6380 Emergency Treatment Center

I believe the appliance added in #4

is in fact a vacuum coffee maker

instructions courtesy of http://www.brickfactory.info/

Maybe a coffee maker, but not a machine :wink:

Nice! I had been noticing the different designs lately (that's one of the things I like about the coffee machines--they're not all the same design). Although, as a Starbucks partner, I have to notice that they're all drip machines--where is the LEGO coffee press? :wink: