Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa

Which makes me curious, why didn't you kill me even if I was annoying as hell with all my lengthy analysis/accusations and my signature dare for the mafia to kill me? I seriously thought I will be killed by the mafia by Night One. :look:

Of course! That's the beauty of this game, after all has been said and done, we throw everything out the window and go back to normality. I think the greatest thing I got out from playing this game aside from gaining the experience of mafia gameplay, is making friends in the process. :sweet: Members which I wouldn't have had the chance to interact with before, like you, Tamamono, Kartoffel, Dan, Pandora, smittyfan, Gregorovich, Baylego, are now like my 'batchmates' and this game has somehow introduced us to each other. And for that, I'm really thankful for this game. :thumbup:

Because Pandora, our fearless leadster and Dan wanted someone else, and that someone was Brickdoctor if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I had those same feelings, Cause as somewhat of a newbie compared to you guys, I had something like: Wow, I'm in a game with Brickdoctor, and KieldaMan, and so on, but now it's just: mehh, kieldaMan, that's the guy who hab me killed and Brickdoctor, mehh, he gave me the final vote. :tongue: :tongue:

I had a great time playing!

Congratulations to all of the winners. You did an excllent job the entire game.

Congrats should also go to those who passed. I agree with everything Sandy said, you did well in days that you were still alive. And Panda's defense on the final day was pretty well argued. You didn't have much of a chance, though.

It's a good thing I wasn't playing. I thought KartoffelViking was scum early on. :blush: Instead he was an important member of the town.

Good luck to all of you in your next game. Your going to need it. :devil:

but now it's just: mehh, kieldaMan, that's the guy who hab me killed and Brickdoctor, mehh, he gave me the final vote. :tongue: :tongue:

Yeah, and now I'll forever remember you as: dr jones, mehh, the black guy with the decapitated head on a stick. :tongue:

It's a good thing I wasn't playing. I thought KartoffelViking was scum early on. :blush: Instead he was an important member of the town.

Heh heh, I did too. :blush:

Yeah, and now I'll forever remember you as: dr jones, mehh, the black guy with the decapitated head on a stick. :tongue:

You a racist? You got problems with cool undead Jamaican Haitian heads on poles?

:classic:

No, seriously, we're on much friendlier terms now, as this conversation points out. :tongue:

Edited by dr jones

Hi, umm, hello :blush: I'm glad people have already done the "bygones" bit, otherwise I'd be scared to show my face!

First and foremost, because I really haven't said it enough: Thank you Sandy!!

You've been an excellent teacher and I've learned so much.

This game has been fantastic to be part of; everything about it has been of the highest quality - the sets, pictures, story and characters. Thank you for being a supportive but impartial teacher, who has been very patient with us all, and for providing us with such a high class mafia to get us started. I can't praise you enough; I can only begin to imagine how much of your own time you put into producing this, and my death was superb; I could not stop laughing! :laugh:

I have a few bits and pieces to say:

Congratulations town! Especially Brickdoctor, and KielDaMan. And sorry it was me :cry_sad:

Special congratulations to KartoffelViking who I think is the unsung hero of the Town; it was you we were after all along. We knew Brickdoctor was the cop on day 1, for various reasons, and were amazed the Protector had found the Cop on the first night (which might account for Captain Tamamono's demise). If there had been the slightest hint from you that you were the Doctor, you would have been killed, so well done! When it became clear after night 3 that the Doctor was a trusted and probably uninvestigated townie, the choice was between Commander Fox and you. We all know how that turned out.

I completely agree that the beginning of the end for us was losing dr jones, and I really didn't help matters as I was the one who suggested Dan didn't vote for him - so I take responsibility for that and also for urging the kill on Brickdoctor again on night 3. It was great fun playing with my fellow scum, cheers guys, sorry we lost :sadnew: and thanks for putting up with my "we must kill the protector and then kill Brickdoctor" rants. We may have done better as a team of four, not three, but hey-ho.

Thank you to Iz for not rebuffing my advances :wink: I know it made at least one person happy..

As to the last few days; I was very much aware when I was the last remaining scum that I didn't have a hope in hell, however I promised Sandy I would go out fighting and stood to defend myself as best I could against the indefensible. There was nothing else I could do, there were no other game mechanics I could claim would explain the investigation result and I thank Brickdoctor for taking it well and Kiel for understanding what I was doing and cutting me some slack.

I really, really enjoyed playing and I'd love to play again. I'm pleased with some aspects of how I played, but there's still a lot I'd like to improve, but I guess (I hope) that will come with experience.

Thanks fellow classmates!

and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids...:grin:

Hi, umm, hello :blush: I'm glad people have already done the "bygones" bit, otherwise I'd be scared to show my face!

First and foremost, because I really haven't said it enough: Thank you Sandy!!

You've been an excellent teacher and I've learned so much.

This game has been fantastic to be part of; everything about it has been of the highest quality - the sets, pictures, story and characters. Thank you for being a supportive but impartial teacher, who has been very patient with us all, and for providing us with such a high class mafia to get us started. I can't praise you enough; I can only begin to imagine how much of your own time you put into producing this, and my death was superb; I could not stop laughing! :laugh:

I have a few bits and pieces to say:

Congratulations town! Especially Brickdoctor, and KielDaMan. And sorry it was me :cry_sad:

Special congratulations to KartoffelViking who I think is the unsung hero of the Town; it was you we were after all along. We knew Brickdoctor was the cop on day 1, for various reasons, and were amazed the Protector had found the Cop on the first night (which might account for Captain Tamamono's demise). If there had been the slightest hint from you that you were the Doctor, you would have been killed, so well done! When it became clear after night 3 that the Doctor was a trusted and probably uninvestigated townie, the choice was between Commander Fox and you. We all know how that turned out.

It's okay Pandora, we don't care that you were mafia; it's only a game. :thumbup:

BTW, how did you know that Doc was the Cop on Day 1? :wacko:

It's okay Pandora, we don't care that you were mafia; it's only a game. :thumbup:

We made a guess...

You don't really want me to answer that, do you? :tongue:

You don't really want me to answer that, do you? :tongue:

Yeah, we asked Sandy and she told us.

*huh* What!? Sandy told you!? Sandy, is this true? *huh*

*huh* What!? Sandy told you!? Sandy, is this true? *huh*

Of course Sandy didn't tell us!!!

You did.

In a round about sort-of-way, which is why I answered as I did.

It wasn't just from our conversations, but also things Brickdoctor had said, and other bits and pieces, culminating to the very obvious towards the end. (Very, very obvious on the last day :wink:)

Of course Sandy didn't tell us!!!

You did.

In a round about sort-of-way, which is why I answered as I did.

It wasn't just from our conversations, but also things Brickdoctor had said, and other bits and pieces, culminating to the very obvious towards the end. (Very, very obvious on the last day :wink:)

OK, good. I had a feeling dr jones was pulling my leg. :tongue:

Oh wow, I can't believe I told that I "knew someone" who wouldn't tell me their action. I feel like a complete idiot now. :hmpf: Sorry I almost got you killed, Doc! :blush:

OK, good. I had a feeling dr jones was pulling my leg. :tongue:

Oh wow, I can't believe I told that I "knew someone" who wouldn't tell me their action. I feel like a complete idiot now. :hmpf: Sorry I almost got you killed, Doc! :blush:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :classic:

But it was kinda obvlious.

As for the best players, here's what I think:

Town - Brickdoctor (Bridget Darwin) - Cool, calm, collected, the True Leader of the Town. He had a plan, and systematically moved throughout the game, strategically coordinating privately players that he really trusted. Using the cop role to its utmost potential coupled with the doctor's protection from Day One is the key victory for the Town.

I agree with all of those, especially Doc. :thumbup: I found out that he was the Cop on Night 1, and we went off from there investigating Capt. Redblade and Cutlass Iz respectively. I must say that we were very lucky that Kartoffel decided to protect Doc on Night 1, because if not for that the Town would have most likely lost. I was already in discussions with Kartoffel and I suspected him of being the Doctor, however, he made it pretty well known that he didn't trust me at all. I don't blame him, if I was the Doctor, and someone was fishing for information from me, I would be pretty suspicious of him, too.

:blush:

Yeah, I unfortunately made the mistake of fishing too soon in the game. :grin: I was in conversations with Pandora, thinking she was Town. However, I didn't tell her much, so I suppose my usefulness was over by Night 2. :sceptic:

Lesson #1 of Mafia: Don't trust anyone. Heck, even KDM wasn't told everything until after I'd investigated him.

(Very, very obvious on the last day :wink:)

I should hope so! :laugh:

Okay, here's my thoughts:

ava-bridget.jpgBridget Darwin – Town (Cop)

You have come to Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort to seek true love, harmony and relaxation. You were born in Australia. You are a happy and outgoing young woman who is very interested in all kinds of sports, but also in training dogs. You work as a police officer, but during this vacation you wish to leave all work-related stuff behind for a while. Unfortunately, that is not meant to be.

You are an innocent member of the Town. Thanks to your profession, during a night phase you can select one person to investigate by sending the host a private message with that person’s name in it.. After that you will receive information as to whether the person you investigated is innocent or a Mafia goon. Remember that it is very risky to reveal your night action to people, but you are also the only person aside the Mafia goons who can come to know other people’s alliances.

I can't tell you how excited I was to receive a power role. :laugh: I actually had hoped I would be Mafia in this game, but my second choice would've been Cop.

Players of Note to me:

Captain Tamamono: The true driving force behind the Town on Days One and Two. A pity he died so quickly; he was the first of the inner Townie circle.

KDM: I can't help but think that I indirectly killed a Townie by Investigating you and not trusting you until after I did. (although it was smittyfan who finally convinced me to do that) I also can't express enough thanks for your willingness to be the public voice of the Town; 'cause I was too afraid to draw too much attention to myself to do it myself. Luckily for me, your theories were pretty much the same as mine, save for the fact that I suspected fewer people because of my Investigations.

smittyfan: What were you doing? If not for my Investigation of you, I would have been so sure you were Scum.

Gregorovich: So sorry you had to be sacrificed, but the Town inner circle had formulated a plan to flush out the last Scum, and we had to lynch someone to do it.

Pandora: Definitely the best of the Scum. You had us so convinced you were Town that of the final three suspects (you, Baylego, and Gregorovich), we unanimously voted to have you Investigated instead of lynched. You also had the best defense argument of any Scum under the worst of circumstances. (a Cop claiming you were Scum who had more than enough voters in his inner circle to get you lynched)

KartoffelViking: Arguably the sole reason the Town won. Your decision to protect me on Night One made the two of us the luckiest people in the game. Not to mention that you then contacted me about it, thus making the Town Investigation effort virtually invincible for every night until you were nightkilled. (which, luckily, didn't happen)

Lesson #1 of Mafia: Don't trust anyone. Heck, even KDM wasn't told everything until after I'd investigated him.

The funny part is: I only told Panda because I didn't completely trust you yet! :tongue:

Okay, here's my thoughts:

I can't tell you how excited I was to receive a power role. :laugh: I actually had hoped I would be Mafia in this game, but my second choice would've been Cop.

Players of Note to me:

Captain Tamamono: The true driving force behind the Town on Days One and Two. A pity he died so quickly; he was the first of the inner Townie circle.

Aww thanks... :blush: I really wish I could've lasted longer, but I had to give everything I had to the Town's effort, and that included having to be killed to help save Doc. :classic:

Great game, Sandy! I learned a lot, and you are one hell of a teacher! :classic: Also, the twist ending was very clever. :thumbup:

I'm glad our Doctor and our Cop were able to work so well together. The two of you pretty much carried the rest of the town.

The Mafia scum played a good game, but they fell apart when the chips were down.

I think we should all give Pandora a round of applause. She had the Mafia working like a well-oiled machine, until we convicted dr jones, that is.

ava-casey.jpg

Casey Roswell– Town

You have come to Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort to seek true love, harmony and relaxation. You are from the United States, and your hobbies include baseball and cooking. That means, watching baseball and cooking barbecue. You consider yourself a funny guy, and you’re looking for a woman who would laugh at your jokes.

You are an innocent member of the Town. You have no night actions to use during the night phase. On a day phase, you can vote people you think belong to the Mafia.

I watched this every step of the way and I loved it Sandy. Shame I didn't get picked to play though, but I enjoyed it still.

Seems that the sea monster was real after all...

Why is there only 14 out of 16 there?

In the class pic? 'Cause RvB and Euvor didn't pass.

In the class pic? 'Cause RvB and Euvor didn't pass.

How come RvB didn't pass? RvB was the chef. The chef made it through the whole game. I know why Euvor didn't pass.

Don't pay any attention to RvB james bond223. There's no need to talk with him.

Thanks to the people who pointed out his presence to me.

And great game everybody! Very impressive town organization, and way to go, Pandora-super scum. I'll comment more later, but this was so cool to watch!

Don't pay any attention to RvB james bond223. There's no need to talk with him.

Thanks to the people who pointed out his presence to me.

And great game everybody! Very impressive town organization, and way to go, Pandora-super scum. I'll comment more later, but this was so cool to watch!

Is it yet another new account he has made?

Is it yet another new account he has made?

Yup.

Sign in to follow this