Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

If You Were Johnny Thunder...

If you were Johnny Thunder, and you were faced with the scenerio of only having one item on your belt, in your backpack, or carried along with you on an adventure, what would you choose?

. . . you are faced with a dilemma . . . What would it be ? ? ? (share your choice below and tell why)

a knife, naturally. A knife can be used for a million things with survival, from helping to build shelter, to killing wild animals for food, to defense, to cutting food, etc.

Maybe he's flying across the jungle, the plane crashes, and he's left trying to make his way to a ruin with just a knife? *shrugs*

What do you mean, 'if'? :-P

Anyhow, it would be a radio... or some form of communication/signalling device.

Steve

Boy that's a good one!

I have lots of choices. Just one eh? Damn.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gylman/5571/p6280192.jpg

Sorry the picture is sideways. Too tired to fix it.

In that case, I think the Schrade Navitool (Compass, mirror light, various sharp things, compartment for matches) would be best. That's the one in the front of the picture. However, one of the Victornoxes with a survival kit would be good too. Better quality than the Schrade.... but no compass or mirror.

On the other hand, if I took my entire technic collection with me, I could probably build whatever I needed, no?

I'd take a spoon. Think about it; with a spoon, one can eat, row a boat (very slowly, however), reflect sunlight into rescuers' eyes, dig holes (leave no trace ;-)), deflect laser beams, do balancing acts on their nose to distract hostile Natives, carve things into dirt and rocks, and stab people (who says you can't stab someone with a spoon?).

You can have your knives, radios, and compasses. I'll be the one living in style. X-D

The ultimate, handy-dandy, all-purpose object ever invented: Duct Tape!

No doubt a knife is of awesome importance in the outback, but what happens when you cut yourself? Hmmm? Do you propose that wrapping one's wound with a piece of cloth and having your girlfriend kiss it (if present) will suffice? I think not. Only the holy healing powers of a strip of duct tape can cure that ailment.

A Schrade Navitool you say? I scoff. When a maniacal animal is on the loose the chance of accurately wielding that monstrosity is null.

Radios are neat, duct tape radios are neater. That is beside the point. The hunk of metal will never manage a signal.

With a few snippets, some wrapping, and a little imagination a duct tape spoon is born unto us. Even more impressive, the spoon will never fall off of your nose! Bwahaha! :-D

I declare this thread over.

My choice would be Pippin Read, for obvious reasons. X-D

But duct tape would probably be my 2nd choice followed by a Swiss Army knife.