Saint

Clone turbo Tank

Wow! That's huge, and it's also fairly accurate, from my point of view. Great work!

The wheels are quite nice. Interesting use of minifig stands there, it makes it look treaded. :classic:

If it had motors inside that worked, that would be even better.

Awesome TurboTank 'Saint' :thumbup: This thing is mammoth! 400 minifig plates?? *huh* A very impressive build indeed. What would you say its weight is? Can't wait to see the interior (when its furnished) Keep up the great work! :classic:

Nuts! I guess the Lego Republic Dropship can't pick this one up! :wink:

Wonderful MOC. Can't wait to see how much further you push it....

What an amazing creation. I would love to see it with an interior. This has always been one of my favorite vehicles but, I don't have enough pieces to make one. :hmpf_bad:

Great job :thumbup:

Wow, what an awesome build! :thumbup: I've thought of using those base pieces from the collectable minifigure series for other purposes- it's a great idea using them on the wheels. You must've had a lot of minifigs! Thanks for sharing! :sweet:

This is great! You've inspired me, I think I'll do my own rendition next :sweet::thumbup: You're wheels are fantstic, the only thing that pops out to me is the inconstancy of the armor, the random tiles are a but odd. Fantastic MOC :thumbup:

Hi Folks !

Thanks for all the heart-warming comments !!! :wub:

I'm in the proces of adding / changing the CTT now, I'm going for the smooth-armour look like the good docter suggested. That will be fase 2.

Fase 3 is a bit more tricky, adding some or all interieur to the CCT , got some ideas, but as info goes, everything is a bit sketchy ... some suggest this, other suggest that.. Well, I think I'll start on the cockpits first, then start my way to the middel section..

Again, many thanks !!

grtz Saint ( feel free to ask me anything about the model of course ) :grin:

That looks fantastic, I love the size, it looks so much better than anything LEGO has done.

Really spectacular, nice work.

nice work :classic: but rear cannon is a bit too big

add more pictures when complete :laugh:

you have succsesfuly kicked lego in thier butt,thier models look shrinkin

congrats

Thank you :laugh: I'm very pleased with the fact that you think I kicked LEGO's butt :laugh:

I'm now in the process of adding all tile to the model, and you're right, I came to the same conclusion : the turret is a bit to big for my taste too.

As for now, in this stage I won't make pictures before I'm done with phase 2 , it will not take long , just watch this topic :sweet:

Ps :

This post has been edited by KielDaMan: 03 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Reason for edit: Deeplinked larger photos for better appreciation of the MOC/fixed some typos

thanks ! I added a dictionary on my PC :wink: after that , and my typos are better now ! :laugh: Now the dictionary can't recognise them either :laugh:

Imagine dropping that down the stairs, Really like it, Well done!

Edited by Red Bricks

WOW! That thing is huge!

It would be a nightmare to drop it on the floor...

Imagine dropping that down the stairs, Really like it, Well done!

Everybody can appreciate a huge well-done MOC, but sometimes you just wanna see it smash :tongue:

:laugh: I can see the fun in that.. I did that to the Blacktronia after a years building .. lets just say I was frustrated a bit at that moment ( was after LegoWorld '06 ).

I'm building it on the ground floor of the house, when finished, the CCT will be moving to a save place for the time being :tongue: .. I roll it to the building area, ( our smaller table for now )take out 2 wheels, put it on the table, put the 2 wheels back, build or adjust accordingly , same process for putting it back into place. :sweet:

I did a lot of work at my work, but as the model grew, I knew I had to take it home .. so I did some small adjustments in order to keep it together. ( Viva el rubber bandoooo !!! :grin: ).

Like I said before, the model can be broken down for transport, wheels, lower and upper body , turret, lookout post and smaller items on the model. So I think that will be as safe as possible when I do some shows in the future.

Edited by Saint

Nice. What are your plans four interior? I'm doing two stories, bottom will have two hallways for troop storage, and the top will be armory and command center :classic:

Nice. What are your plans four interior? I'm doing two stories, bottom will have two hallways for troop storage, and the top will be armory and command center :classic:

Not quite sure yet, I want some speeders inside , that's for sure, no BARC'S , but some MOC one's. I'll see when I get there :wink: .

Not quite sure yet, I want some speeders inside , that's for sure, no BARC'S , but some MOC one's. I'll see when I get there :wink: .

Why not just use the interior from the 'real' one?

Hm .. yes .. the "real" one ....

( digs up picture )

Looking at the amazing cross section picture you can clearly see that the model has 2 layers inside , but nothing to fancy , a very low 1st deck where clone troopers sit and a bit larger one for command/ gunners etc.. I already took a few looks at it ( and other picture's ) and I find that it will be harder to put that to scale than rather just make up something myself.

There's mention of speeders in/ on a CCT , ( like in a AT-AT ) but I can't find them, also there's mention of several versions of CCT's adapted for uses around the galaxy , so I think I'll be safe getting those speeders aboard *let's just say this CCT is involved in another campaign :tongue: .

I guess I'm pretty much on target with the look, feel and scale to the minifig and it's possible to get 2 decks inside, like I said before, maybe just a cockpit or a little other thing super detailed. Can't be sure for now AND I've got to think about the weight of the model, after all , it rests on 10 technic axles( hull to wheels ) so it takes a lot of strain . And no support from bricks , it rolls pretty good right now :wub:

So , I'll be finishing up the phase 2 of my CCT first, like you suggested Brickdocter, taking that stage of the model to the BELUG meeting. I won't be picking up large amounts of bricks there ( It's more a model day than that there's selling, witch is great ! ) . After that , I want to go back to sorting my LEGO, summer is coming and I can work in my hobby area again ! I will be picking apart my SW models with bley in them, so that will give me something to work with .

Relatively speaking, I'm at the end of my bley ( usable parts for the CCT ) and I can't do much more for now. Just a couple of more days before I finish this stage :sweet:

Well, I've been working quite hard the past last days. I added armour plating and changed some things around :

1st : I changed the dome a bit, just took 1 plate thickness off, added some armour just to make it look buffed and added a search-target light.

2nd : Total armour plating except for some odd place , I left 4 1x1 round's as is, can you spot them ? :grin:

3th : Filled the gap above the rocket launchers

4th : Changed the base of the top laser mount. ( still thinking about changing the weapon as well :wink: )

dscf0015.jpg

Wow *huh* sorry for the larger than live photo .. *huh*

C&C Welcome !

I just put the photo's on brickshelf, so I guess by tomorrow they'll be up then

:sweet: CCT 2 when modded by brickshelf :sweet:

Grtz Saint

Edited by Saint