XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

I was just hoping they would go into some detail on those for some reason. I have a feeling there is a lot we may not know that was just assumed. Either way I think this season of the CW might be the best one, looks like the action is really picking up, at least I hope that is the case.

Either way I think this season of the CW might be the best one, looks like the action is really picking up, at least I hope that is the case.

And that is, I'm sure, exactly what they want you to think. The Season 3 teaser trailers were packed with action too, because over the course of the entire season there was enough action to pack a one-minute clip. I'm not saying that Season 4 won't be action-packed, but there's no real way to tell from a teaser trailer, or any trailer at all.

As to extending into RotS, I am absolutely sure that will not happen. It just wouldn't make any sense to do so, not only because of the original Clone Wars show but also because of the film itself. You see what happen to the Jedi; they die. Sure, plenty of additional sources show you just what happens to other Jedi that weren't shown in RotS, but honestly the film in my mind gives you the picture that Lucas wants you to have of what happens to all the Jedi. There is no possibility that Clone Wars would turn into "stories of eradicating the Jedi."

And that is, I'm sure, exactly what they want you to think. The Season 3 teaser trailers were packed with action too, because over the course of the entire season there was enough action to pack a one-minute clip. I'm not saying that Season 4 won't be action-packed, but there's no real way to tell from a teaser trailer, or any trailer at all.

As to extending into RotS, I am absolutely sure that will not happen. It just wouldn't make any sense to do so, not only because of the original Clone Wars show but also because of the film itself. You see what happen to the Jedi; they die. Sure, plenty of additional sources show you just what happens to other Jedi that weren't shown in RotS, but honestly the film in my mind gives you the picture that Lucas wants you to have of what happens to all the Jedi. There is no possibility that Clone Wars would turn into "stories of eradicating the Jedi."

I have a feeling that this season will have more action than last season because I don't think they are going to make as many prequel and sequel episodes that interconnect with the other seasons. I think this season will stand alone, with only the Savage Oppress story to tie up, and Ventress to revisit.

I think that Ahsoka should die in the final season, while Rex should die earlier. possibly in the season finale for this season. He could get killed by Either Ventress or Oppress.

I also hope that they won't have Ackbar in the series... but who knows...

I have a feeling that this season will have more action than last season because I don't think they are going to make as many prequel and sequel episodes that interconnect with the other seasons. I think this season will stand alone, with only the Savage Oppress story to tie up, and Ventress to revisit.

I think that Ahsoka should die in the final season, while Rex should die earlier. possibly in the season finale for this season. He could get killed by Either Ventress or Oppress.

I am pretty sure Ackbar is in this. That article confirmed it if I remember correctly. As for the action, I was thinking the same thing because the season 3 trailer looked good and there were only a few really good action episodes this season. Hopefully we're all wrong and it's a good season but there were some things I really did not like about this season's storyline.

I am pretty sure Ackbar is in this. That article confirmed it if I remember correctly.

Yeah, Filoni already said that's young Ackbar. Honestly, I just wish they'd stop trying to attract Classic fans and bring in older characters. It just makes things messy which in the end means we all usually dislike CW just as much as before.

I am pretty sure Ackbar is in this. That article confirmed it if I remember correctly. As for the action, I was thinking the same thing because the season 3 trailer looked good and there were only a few really good action episodes this season. Hopefully we're all wrong and it's a good season but there were some things I really did not like about this season's storyline.

Dave Filoni confirmed that TCW won't be visiting the Senate Hall at all in S4 so it's going to be all out action :classic:

Edited by commanderneyo

Dave Filoni confirmed that TCW won't be visiting the Senate Hall at all in S4 so it's going to be all out action :classic:

That's a relief. Sci-fi Political Conspiracies are generally boring. Especially when they're part of Star Wars. I find myself looking forward to this season now. :classic: Well, except for the Mortis part. :hmpf_bad:

This season does look pretty interesting, actually. After watching the previews and reading the interview, I'm ready for it.

BTW, here's my favorite part of that whole interview:

Chewbacca is involved in a lot of fight scenes in the Season 3 finale, and Filoni smiled recalling the conversations about just how far Chewbacca could go with his Trandoshan opponents.

"We were really tempted, frankly, to rip their arms off. Cartoon Network, not so much."

I was wondering, watching the episode, if they'd go that far, and hoping that they would. It's too bad they didn't, that would have made for some great TV.

That's a relief. Sci-fi Political Conspiracies are generally boring. Especially when they're part of Star Wars. I find myself looking forward to this season now. :classic: Well, except for the Mortis part. :hmpf_bad:

Same here, it looks good. Lots of clone action it seems. I hope TLG spares us and uses their finned Phase II helmet mold, though. Possibly in season five TCW will stick it on there.

I was wondering, watching the episode, if they'd go that far, and hoping that they would. It's too bad they didn't, that would have made for some great TV.

It seems as though whenever they bring in OT characters they make an interaction with the main characters that doesn't make sense. Logically Yoda should have met Chewie, he has good relations with the Wookies in ROTS. That would of made more sense. Yet instead he meets Ahsoka, on a weird sort of sick hunting planet. :wacko: I hope they finally start making the base The Clone Wars, actually the Clone Wars. Last season there were only a handful of episodes actually relating to the war specifically. IMO the finally should always be a pivotal battle. I also the outer rim sieges are covered, one of the most unappreciated aspects of the Clone Wars.

Same here, the R-rated adult in me would like to see some 'Wookiee-ripping-Transdoshan's-arms-off' action, but I understand it's a kid's show. Still, I wonder how 'cool' would that action scene look like. :devil:

I hope they actually go investigate the backstory about who created the clones instead of 'not at all' in the PT

I hope they actually go investigate the backstory about who created the clones instead of 'not at all' in the PT

You mean who ordered them, without the knowlege of the Republic? I thought that was answered in Ep.II..

Same here, the R-rated adult in me would like to see some 'Wookiee-ripping-Transdoshan's-arms-off' action, but I understand it's a kid's show. Still, I wonder how 'cool' would that action scene look like. :devil:

It really seems like something family guy would do with their SW spoofs. They did the three OT ones, and another show is going ot cover the PT I believe. I can just picture it :devil::wub:

You mean who ordered them, without the knowlege of the Republic? I thought that was answered in Ep.II..

Yep, it was. Master Syfo-Dyas secretly ordered the army, the jedi council was unaware at that time. Sidious discovered the army, and instantly took into account how the emergency codes could be used to defeat the jedi order.

Yep, it was. Master Syfo-Dyas secretly ordered the army, the jedi council was unaware at that time. Sidious discovered the army, and instantly took into account how the emergency codes could be used to defeat the jedi order.

Sort of. Specifically,
Sifo-Dyas was once a good friend of fellow Jedi Master Dooku, and had the gift of precognition. Sometime before 32 BBY, he foresaw that the Galactic Republic would face a devastating war. To defend the Republic, he secretly commissioned a clone army from the cloners of the planet Kamino. Prior to this, Dooku had left the Jedi Order, and had fallen in league with Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith. He was told by the Sith Master about Sifo-Dyas' actions, and Sidious also revealed that they could use the clone army for their own ends. As a final test of his allegiance to the dark side of the Force, Dooku murdered Sifo-Dyas and took control of the project for himself. It was Sidious' true intention to use Sifo-Dyas only as a dead-end cover for Palpatine's plot to use the clone army.

Obviously I know the story, but the jedi seem to be: 'Ho hum an old dead jedi ordered an army of clones (including vehicles) without anyone knowing for some reason, let's just accept it'

Obviously I know the story, but the jedi seem to be: 'Ho hum an old dead jedi ordered an army of clones (including vehicles) without anyone knowing for some reason, let's just accept it'

I think I know what you mean. Yoda was informed of the army, and called upon it to save the order. My guess is that the jedi saw the clones potential to counter the seps, and employed it to greater effect.

This season does look pretty interesting, actually. After watching the previews and reading the interview, I'm ready for it.

BTW, here's my favorite part of that whole interview:

My exact thoughts. :laugh:

See personally, Ep.2 didn't handle the whole Sifo Diaz thing well. For the longest time I thought that was a name Qui-Gon used, because they said he was killed abotu 10 years earlier, the same time as Jinn.

That's a relief. Sci-fi Political Conspiracies are generally boring. Especially when they're part of Star Wars.

Hey, the Caamas situation was interesting, wasn't it? Then again, that was Zahn. There's an idea, tCW should hire Zahn as a writer.

Edited by The Legonater

Hey, the Caamas situation was interesting, wasn't it? Then again, that was Zahn. There's an idea, tCW should hire Zahn as a writer.

Yeah. Make all of Season 4 related to Outbound Flight. That'd be awesome.

Make all of Season 4 related to Outbound Flight.

Nooooooooooooooo!

Seriously, though, don't hire Zahn because of past ideas that he's had, but because of awesome things he may be able to come up with to enhance the show. They really need better story ideas a lot of the time. However, now that Lucas comes up with all of the stories, we'll just have to see how that goes…

Yeah. Make all of Season 4 related to Outbound Flight. That'd be awesome.

Actually, that would be a really interesting season-arc mystery. And since tCW does so many flashbacks anywyas, it wouldn't hurt to have the first three as the book itself. Too bad it'll never happen.

Seriously, though, don't hire Zahn because of past ideas that he's had, but because of awesome things he may be able to come up with to enhance the show. They really need better story ideas a lot of the time.

I agree. I didn't really mean a whole season, even if it could turn out pretty awesome. Although a trilogy related to Outbound Flight could work well. Bring in C'Baoth, visit some shipyards, and finally introduce Dreadnaught-class cruisers instead of inventing new ships.

I have a feeling there is a lot we may not know that was just assumed. Either way I think this season of the CW might be the best one, looks like the action is really picking up, at least I hope that is the case.

Isn't that what we said about the last season?

Yeah, Filoni already said that's young Ackbar. Honestly, I just wish they'd stop trying to attract Classic fans and bring in older characters. It just makes things messy which in the end means we all usually dislike CW just as much as before.

Yes, please. Less fan service, more civilian violence. We need more starved villages and bombed innocents so that the Wars don't seem so detached from everyone.

I hope they finally start making the base The Clone Wars, actually the Clone Wars. Last season there were only a handful of episodes actually relating to the war specifically. IMO the finally should always be a pivotal battle. I also the outer rim sieges are covered, one of the most unappreciated aspects of the Clone Wars.

*nods* If you ask me most of the violence and such didn't seem to relate to the war much, and what's this about Mortis and changing the nature of the Force? Is that really necessary?

Remember Rule 1138...

I agree. I didn't really mean a whole season, even if it could turn out pretty awesome. Although a trilogy related to Outbound Flight could work well. Bring in C'Baoth, visit some shipyards, and finally introduce Dreadnaught-class cruisers instead of inventing new ships.

As nice as that would be (finally, LEGO Dreadnoughts!) the issue would be with Lucas bringing in Expanded Universe elements and using them in a way that fans would be happy with. Lucas has pretty much done all he can to Mandalorians and Grievous; I would prefer that Thrawn and C'Baoth remain untouched.