Sign in to follow this  
Corioso

Bastion "St. George"

Bastion "St. George"

Hello, everybody! I have recently bought a blue plate 32x32, but I didn~t have time to "test" it. I present my new MOC - The Bastion "St. George".

5576929028_46c11f4e85_z.jpg

5576943586_dba188c00b_z.jpg

5576372067_a2eb629e3a_z.jpg

5576949588_fa728b1b28_z.jpg

5576366205_d122a59753_z.jpg

5576955030_1c8cdfb2ca_z.jpg

Oops, a greedy conquistador seems to have stuck here forever... :jollyroger: Poor devil!

5576351359_c9175c1eea_z.jpg

5576942060_d22b8b3ff0_z.jpg

My attempt to make sea foam. It`s not perfect, but much better than in my wooden lighthouse.

5576374221_f89cc6b637_z.jpg

5576923488_54fb619323_z.jpg

More photos in my gallery at Flickr.

poor workers, must have been terrible to build that thing right on top of that rock.

Great MOC! I especially like little cave thingy. Is there goin' to be more of it? I would like to see the rest of the bastion.

I think it's fantastic, sure the water is something to be desired, but that is a small piece to this great moc.

This deserves to be on the blog, since I fired all my bloggers, I guess I'll be blogging this very soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

poor workers, must have been terrible to build that thing right on top of that rock.

Great MOC! I especially like little cave thingy. Is there goin' to be more of it? I would like to see the rest of the bastion.

I was intrigued by the title and thought about a big fortress with a lot of guns, but than... that :pir_bawling: ... OK, I'm kidding (a bit :pir_laugh2: ). It's a nice MOC, great rocks, nothing to fency, but a solid build. the Outpost on top is great too, a bit cramped with redcoats :pir-sweet: ...

The multiple use of the "cheese corners" is great! :pir-wub: If I could, I would blog to the front page!

EDIT: BIG CAM did it as I wrote it, must be telepathy..

Edited by Aalak

Don't have time too write too much right know, but here's my short comment anyway:

Cool stuff, the choice of colors is very neat. The skeleton cave is a nice detail. The only thing i would modify is the overall boxy shape of the whole rock outcropping, but other than that, the rocks and the bastion looks very good.

I think it's fantastic, sure the water is something to be desired, but...

I still don`t have enough blue and light blue plates to make the water with snot. :pir-hmpf_bad:

This deserves to be on the blog, since I fired all my bloggers, I guess I'll be blogging this very soon.

Thank you very much! :pir-sweet:

I was intrigued by the title and thought about a big fortress with a lot of guns, but than... that :pir_bawling: ...

This outpost is as well an outpost as 6263. :pir-wink:

The only thing i would modify is the overall boxy shape of the whole rock outcropping...

Oops, I didn`t notice it at once, I`ll take it into account.

poor spanish guy! even his arm and his feet looks older!

Yeah, this sceleton is from my very first set 6232. It has gone through hard trials :pir-grin:

Although they seem to be a bit trapped there without a ladder, it's a good MOC.

The combination of white and tan is nice, and so are the fort design and the 'cave' scene.

Perhaps some more work on the water is a useful tip for your next MOC but outside of that you did a good job :thumbup:

Great build!

I do have to agree with Cherno that the rock formation is very square and with others on the water, but water is one of those things some builders like classic base plates others SNOT and some use cheese,studs or plates to build movement.So whats good for the goose may not be so good for the gander.

That said your choice of elements is good and I like the stubbyness and shape of the fort. :thumbup:

This is a fantastic creation!The rock work Is great and the small fort on top Is so nicely detailed inside and out. I was surprised this was on a 32x32 plate cause it looked way larger! Anyways great work :thumbup:

beautiful, but i have a question: all of these mocs figuring buildings etcetera... will be destroyed to build other mocs? it's a pity!!

great looking MOC Coorioso :thumbup: Now the water part looks mch more better than the previos one. But on to the MOC itself, the rock work is really great and the small cave whit the treasure and the dead poor spanish men gives it a nice touch, i also like the little tower/Forth pver there. Did you build the interior over there?

EDIT: Oh yes you did build the interior.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Thank you all for praises and criticism!

Perhaps some more work on the water is a useful tip for your next MOC but outside of that you did a good job :thumbup:

I'll be able to work on the water as soon as I have bought enough elements. :pirate_sad2:

but water is one of those things some builders like classic base plates others SNOT and some use cheese,studs or plates to build movement.

I'll try all these variants some day... :pir-blush:

i have a question: all of these mocs figuring buildings etcetera... will be destroyed to build other mocs? it's a pity!!

No, it will not be destroyed... it's already razed to the ground :pirate_skel1:

Must be pretty cozy up that mountain :pir-oh3:

Anyways, Great building skills !

Wow, greqt moc. Although the rock seems a bit square and unnatural, it just looks good. A really great way to test your baseplate :pir_laugh2:

Keep up the good work!