Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa - Day Six

day6.jpg

daysix1.jpg

By the sixth day since the nightmare on Isla Paradisa began, the whole island was in shambles. The entire staff of the holiday resort was dead, save for the owner Mr. Crusoe who was hanging in between sanity and madness.

daysix2.jpg

Mr. Crusoe was dismayed about the state of the place. Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort was not only his refuge, but his home and a dream that he had dedicated a decade to keep.

daysix3.jpg

The remaining guests did not give a damn about the place, all they did was cower in fear and whine about the lack of food and service. Mr. Crusoe wondered how they had managed to survive six days without starving themselves to death.

A quick glance through the crowd revealed that there was only seven of them left, whereas there had been eight when they had went to bed last night. Where was the nerdy Siegmund Freiburg?

daysix4.jpg

Assuming the worst, Mr. Crusoe quickly made his way to the German fellow's bungalow.

daysix5.jpg

There was no sight of the man inside the cabin, although Mr. Crusoe scoffed at the huge pink teddybear lying on the bed.

daysix6.jpg

He finally found Siegmund behind the bungalow, half eaten by the giant ants that lived on the island. Yet another life claimed by the Mafia. But what was he compared to the sweet Sunday, Mr. Crusoe thought. He did not like the monster he had become, but it was inevitable if he wanted to get revenge for Sunday.

daysix7.jpg

Soon the other guests found their way to Siegmund's bungalow. Mr. Crusoe had nothing else to say but remind them that the killers were still hiding among them, and that there was no escape from the island until they had been found.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the
Town
or the
Mafia
. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format;
Vote: Character (Player)
. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format;
Unvote: Character (Player)
. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

The Cast:

ava-bridget.jpgBridget Darwin (Brickdoctor)

ava-casey.jpgCasey Roswell (Capt. Redblade)

ava-colette.jpgColette LeMans (KielDaMan)

ava-keith.jpgKeith Worthing (KartoffelViking)

ava-kylan.jpgKylan Ise (Cutlass Iz)

ava-panda.jpgPanda Panjin (Pandora)

ava-vanya.jpgVanya Livny (Baylego)

The Deceased:

ava-ravi-dead.jpgRavi Bombay, the Chef (RvB) - Town - convicted on Day One - Failed

ava-raquel-dead.jpgRaquel Benito Juarez, the Maid (Raven Brickroft) - Town - convicted on Day Two - Passed

ava-claudia-dead.jpgClaudia Toscana, the Lifeguard (Captain Tamamono) - Town - killed on Night Two - Passed

ava-dreo-dead.jpgDreo Jacmel, the Bartender (dr jones) - Mafia - convicted on Day Three - Passed

ava-erin-dead.jpgErin Ennis (Euvor) - Mafia - commited suicide on Day Four - Failed

ava-danielle-dead.jpgDanielle Barrie, the Janitor (Dan the Brickman) - Mafia - convicted on Day Four - Passed

ava-cruz-dead.jpgCruz Fortaleza (CommanderFox) - Town - killed on Night Four - Passed

ava-geert-dead.jpgGeert Rotterdam, the Personal Trainer (Gregorovich) - Town - convicted on Day Five - Passed

ava-siegmund-dead.jpgSiegmund Freiburg (smittyfan) - Town - killed on Night Five - Passed

~*~*~*~*~*~

The voting starts 24 hours from now. There are 7 players left in the game, so it takes 4 votes to convict someone.

Poor Siegmund. He might have said some things we didn't agree on, but he was one of us. :cry_sad:

Giant ANTS???!!! *oh2*

There was no mention of giant ants in the brochure!!

What a way to go; poor Siegmund :cry_sad: Someone should look after his pink teddy bear, I'm sure it will need someone to talk to it.

Indeed, poor Siegmund :cry_sad: And while he was an innocent townie, let's not forget that he was also a German with a hankering for stuffing large, pink teddy bears, and treasure hunting. Bless his twisted soul :cry_happy:

I can't belive that Siegmund died! It is so saddening that we lost two of us last night. I think that the killer is really tricking us, and I think that we need to start digging harder and deeper.

Just when I thought I've patched things us with Siegmund, ze lone mafia goon kills him during ze night and makes him poor giant ants meal. We'll try to avenge you and ze rest ze murdered innocents.

Mr. Crusoe had nothing else to say but remind them that the killers were still hiding among them, and that there was no escape from the island until they had been found.

Did I hear that right? Killers? I thought there's just only one scum remaining? Or maybe Mr. Crusoe made a mistake?

I don't think you should read too deeply into the commentary Ms LeMans.

Ah well, another one two bite the dust, at least we are much closer to finding the last of the scum. There are so few of us left... I certainly hope that no one goes and breaks my heart. :cry_sad:

I don't think you should read too deeply into the commentary Ms LeMans.

Yeah you're right. I think I'm juzt too stressed out by what haz been happening the past week. I need a vacation. Oh wait, I'm already in one. :hmpf_bad:

All right everyone, listen up!

I am the Cop. I have the power to investigate one player by night and in the morning god will tell me if they are innocent or guilty, for those who are unfamiliar with this power. Given that there is supposedly but one Scum left, it is time for me to roleclaim. Previously, I'd investigated Casey, Kylan, Siegmund, and Colette, and I found all four to be Innocent. Last night, I Investigated Panda, and I found her to be Scum. In other words, I am 100% certain that Panda Panjin is Scum and should be lynched today.

OH NO!!! Why, of all people, it haz to be you Panda? I honestly thought you were one of us, but ze investigation results can't lie. And as much as it breaks my heart, we have to do what we have to do, and we'll have to lynch you out today and let Mr. Crusoe ultimately decide your fate.

If you have ze chance, pls. speak up, we cannot change your destiny but at least we'll understand ze reason behind why you joined (or was forced to join like Erin) the mafia goons.

I am the Cop.[/b]

Oh, really?

I am 100% certain that Panda Panjin is Scum and should be lynched today.

And I am 100% certain that I'm not and that I shouldn't be.

I've never heard such poppycock in all my life. :hmpf:

Wow! Panda was one of the people that I suspected the least. I trust Bridget however, and will follow her judgment. And Panda, you didn'nt even defend yourself with that last statement! You just bashed Bridget. I wanted to hear you defend your self, but bashing her has just made you all the more suspicious in my eyes.

And Panda, you didn'nt even defend yourself with that last statement! You just bashed Bridget. I wanted to hear you defend your self, but bashing her has just made you all the more suspicious in my eyes.

Well, look at this way, Vanya, if I'm 100% certain I'm not scum, then Bridget is the most logical target for me to "bash" considering she's the one coming out with this rubbish.

but ze investigation results can't lie

Are you absolutely sure that your second hand version isn't a lie, because my life depends on it.

we cannot change your destiny

Actually, you can. You can lynch someone who really is scum.

A few musings for you all:

Don't you think it's just a little convenient that Bridget should so loudly proclaim to be the Cop today?

"But she investigated me and told me I was innocent" I hear you cry - yes she told you what you, and she, already knew.

"But she told lots of other people, through Colette, I'm innocent" - well, yes, what better way to form a little group that will follow her every whim and vote for everybody she (or they) chooses? They (Bridget and Colette) formed their "alliance" so very early in this ordeal, it's almost as if they knew each other's alignment right from the start; and the dissenters have been picked off easily, one by one. That is assuming they are in on this together, maybe Colette is just so very trusting she's been used by Bridget all along? Colette, who has been so very outspoken, and asked, nay dared, the scum to kill her is still here, still breathing when so many have fallen by the wayside?

Is that because she's scum too, or because she's been so helpful to Bridget?

Moreover, what better way to "prove" her/their investigation, than to kill someone who she/they had previously found "innocent"? Someone like poor Siegmund, who had also been a dissenter?

I fear for us all, that we didn't notice it sooner. The real Cop? Well it's not me; I wouldn't make such an outrageous claim. I fear they may be long dead, buried under the pile of corpses these two (three?) have been working to amass. I'm sure little messages are flying around in attempts to verify Bridget, but really, aside from being blasphemous, are "epiphanies from God" that difficult to fake, if like her, you know the "code" of God's word? And wouldn't that be an easy thing to do, to claim Cop, when you have everyone talking to you and nobody revealing an investigation result to you?

So why me and why now? Maybe she/they feel it's time to make a run for the end?

Maybe they can see that end in sight and don't want an independent thinker coming along and messing it all up for them. After all, with a lynching today and a kill tonight, our numbers will be very low indeed. And maybe, after such a successful run of "investigations" she/they thought the time was right to start "finding someone guilty"; after all, we're running out of suspects.

Let's face it, if Bridget hadn't "revealed" her "investigation result", none of you true townies would have believed this base accusation could be remotely true.

So while you think about that, I'm going to make myself my favourite cocktail and wait for the excuses to roll in. Unless Kylan has any better ideas on how to pass the time...?

Voting starts now. You have a maximum of 48 hours to cast your votes, and it takes four votes to convict someone.

Well, you have made a very good defense for yourself Panda. I trust Bridget, but you have brought up a lot of good points. I am going to have to think on this some before I cast my vote.

Well, look at this way, Vanya, if I'm 100% certain I'm not scum, then Bridget is the most logical target for me to "bash" considering she's the one coming out with this rubbish.

Are you absolutely sure that your second hand version isn't a lie, because my life depends on it.

Actually, you can. You can lynch someone who really is scum.

A few musings for you all:

Don't you think it's just a little convenient that Bridget should so loudly proclaim to be the Cop today?

"But she investigated me and told me I was innocent" I hear you cry - yes she told you what you, and she, already knew.

"But she told lots of other people, through Colette, I'm innocent" - well, yes, what better way to form a little group that will follow her every whim and vote for everybody she (or they) chooses? They (Bridget and Colette) formed their "alliance" so very early in this ordeal, it's almost as if they knew each other's alignment right from the start; and the dissenters have been picked off easily, one by one. That is assuming they are in on this together, maybe Colette is just so very trusting she's been used by Bridget all along? Colette, who has been so very outspoken, and asked, nay dared, the scum to kill her is still here, still breathing when so many have fallen by the wayside?

Is that because she's scum too, or because she's been so helpful to Bridget?

Moreover, what better way to "prove" her/their investigation, than to kill someone who she/they had previously found "innocent"? Someone like poor Siegmund, who had also been a dissenter?

I fear for us all, that we didn't notice it sooner. The real Cop? Well it's not me; I wouldn't make such an outrageous claim. I fear they may be long dead, buried under the pile of corpses these two (three?) have been working to amass. I'm sure little messages are flying around in attempts to verify Bridget, but really, aside from being blasphemous, are "epiphanies from God" that difficult to fake, if like her, you know the "code" of God's word? And wouldn't that be an easy thing to do, to claim Cop, when you have everyone talking to you and nobody revealing an investigation result to you?

So why me and why now? Maybe she/they feel it's time to make a run for the end?

Maybe they can see that end in sight and don't want an independent thinker coming along and messing it all up for them. After all, with a lynching today and a kill tonight, our numbers will be very low indeed. And maybe, after such a successful run of "investigations" she/they thought the time was right to start "finding someone guilty"; after all, we're running out of suspects.

Let's face it, if Bridget hadn't "revealed" her "investigation result", none of you true townies would have believed this base accusation could be remotely true.

So while you think about that, I'm going to make myself my favourite cocktail and wait for the excuses to roll in. Unless Kylan has any better ideas on how to pass the time...?

Honestly, this stuff is about as convincing as Robert Pickton's defence lawyer. First of all, it has been firmly established among the confirmed Townies that there is no logical way for the Mafia to win, thus, Bridget's elaborate fraud would have been for naught since before Day 5, so why would she still be perpetrating this hoax? Second, Bridget has voted for two of the Mafia goons, giving us two convictions, and I believe she expressed an intent to vote for Erin before the latter killed herself. She has organized the Townies so that we are virtually unstoppable.

I wonder, Panda, how long have you had these baseless suspicions? If they have been fermenting for an extended period of time, I am given to wonder why you did not voice them sooner. If this were a court of law, we would find you in contempt of court.

As I see it, you are just now speaking your mind in a futile attempt to save your megablocks under suspicion. I recall that Danielle attempted the same thing, and we know how that turned out.

Cut the crap, Panda. And don't try to suck the rest of us in.

Vote: Panda Panjin (Pandora)

Honestly, this stuff is about as convincing as Robert Pickton's defence lawyer. First of all, it has been firmly established among the confirmed Townies that there is no logical way for the Mafia to win, thus, Bridget's elaborate fraud would have been for naught since before Day 5, so why would she still be perpetrating this hoax? Second, Bridget has voted for two of the Mafia goons, giving us two convictions, and I believe she expressed an intent to vote for Erin before the latter killed herself. She has organized the Townies so that we are virtually unstoppable.

I wonder, Panda, how long have you had these baseless suspicions? If they have been fermenting for an extended period of time, I am given to wonder why you did not voice them sooner. If this were a court of law, we would find you in contempt of court.

As I see it, you are just now speaking your mind in a futile attempt to save your megablocks under suspicion. I recall that Danielle attempted the same thing, and we know how that turned out.

You know, I was going to think on this pretty hard before I voted, but I agree with you on quite a few things. I also have wondered why you have voiced your opinions so suddenly. I thought that this was convincing the first time I read it, but after reading Casey's statement and then rereading Panda's statement, I think that I see a whole lot of baseless junk in there. Bridget is one of the people who I have trusted the most for most of this game, and everything she has done has been in favor of the innocent's cause. Without further ado, I will Vote: Panda Panjin (Pandora).

I know this wasn't directed to me, but I say absolutely not. I have to protect myself from the Scum, and as I said, I am roleclaiming now because there is supposedly but one remaining Scum.

[sniiiiip]

Okay, let's look at it this way: Both of us are accusing each other. Both of us cannot be 100% proven by some other person on the island to be telling the truth. One of us has to be lying. I'm claiming you are Scum and you are claiming that I am Scum. So if I'm lying, you must be Town and I must be Scum. And if you're lying, you must be Scum and I must be Town. We're in similar positions save for two things:

1) I'm on the offensive.

I accused you first. Now if I was Scum, and I accused someone I knew to be Town, and that person was lynched and found to be Town, then I would be lynched the next day, no question. Any time a Scum accuses a Townie personally without claiming to be merely relaying information and says that that person should be lynched immediately, he is committing to a suicide mission, because he'll be lynched the next day when the person he accused is found to be Town. At this point of the game, with three Scum dead, there is no reason for a Scum to take on such a suicide mission. For me to say that I am a Townie and you're Scum and you should be lynched now, I must be completely sure that I am telling the truth.

2) I am claiming a power role.

I claim to be the Cop. You said,

The real Cop? Well it's not me; I wouldn't make such an outrageous claim.

An obviously were you the Doctor then you would never claim that role either, since there's no one to protect you. So I am claiming to be a Cop, and you are claiming to be a Vanilla Townie. Therefore, these are the possible courses of action the Town could take, with results excluding night kills:

-Bridget is telling the truth; the Town lynches Panda. The Town gets rid of a Scum and has the Cop.

-Panda is telling the truth; the Town lynches Bridget. The Town gets rid of a Scum and has a Vanilla Townie.

-Bridget is lying; the Town lynches Panda. The Town gets rid of a Vanilla Townie and knows of a Scum.

-Panda is lying; the Town lynches Bridget. The Town gets rid of the Cop and knows of a Scum.

Those possibilities are ordered from best at the top to worst at the bottom based on the result. And you can see that in the best case scenario, Panda is lynched, and in the worst case scenario, I am lynched. So based on that, other Townies, who do you want to vote for?

And of course, because I am confident that I am telling the truth and you are Scum, I will Vote: Panda Panjin (Pandora).

Word. If Bridget is not the real cop, I'm sure we would have heard rumors or claims regarding the real cop from others by now. I will therefore

Honestly, there really iz no point in arguing anymore. Panda is just doing what she's supposed to do - defend herself to ze max even if it's already a lost cause. Ironically, our last vote iz very anti-climactic, and is ze easiest that we've had since this ordeal happened. So without further ado, I shall cast ze final nail on the coffin.

First of all, Casey, or whatever your name is, thank you for quoting my entire side of the conversation. You have managed to say more today than in the rest of this ordeal put together.

As to your many "legal" references; I doubt you would recognise the inside of a courtroom if it came up and bit you on the arse.

I know you (the group) have sealed my fate, but let me address some gaping flaws in your "logic"

First of all, it has been firmly established among the confirmed Townies that there is no logical way for the Mafia to win, thus, Bridget's elaborate fraud would have been for naught since before Day 5, so why would she still be perpetrating this hoax?

Well, that's working on the assumption that there's only one remaining scum, and that that one remaining scum is me. You have, in your complacency, completely failed to consider any other possibilities.

Second, Bridget has voted for two of the Mafia goons, giving us two convictions, and I believe she expressed an intent to vote for Erin before the latter killed herself. She has organized the Townies so that we are virtually unstoppable.

What an insightful comment. I also voted for one Mafia goon (Dreo) and had repeatedly expressed my intention to vote for both Danielle and Erin, however, I spoke to Colette about this (extensively) but either she didn't pass this on, or you weren't paying attention. And, wow, such hubris.

I'm pretty sure I made it clear that this is the only conclusion I can draw from Bridget's wild accusations against me. So that would be since first thing this morning, when she made these wild accusations against me. Do try to keep up.

And here you just seem to be missing the fundamental basis of this ordeal. But perhaps that's because you don't understand, because you've been playing baseball the entire time.

I've done more to help this town than you have.

Bridget, Colette, Vanya, - I know you've made your choices, and Bridget has made some well reasoned arguments. The die is cast, so I will await my fate at the hands of Mr Crusoe. I hear he's very good with his hands.

I might cry a little, but then my make-up will run and I'll look even more like a Panda. :cry_sad:

And Colette didn't even have a last meltdown. I was so looking forward to that.

Vote Tally:

Panda Panjin/Pandora: 5 (Capt. Redblade, Baylego, Brickdoctor, KartoffelViking, KielDaMan)

Day Six has ended with the conviction of Panda Panjin/Pandora.

~*~*~*~*~*~

daysix8.jpg

The lynch mob got Panda Panjin cornered. They seemed convinced that she was a Mafia goon, and the last one of them, too.

daysix9.jpg

But rather than trying to escape, Panda fought back. It might've been clichéd for a Japanese woman to know karate, but she sure did. A swift kick to the groin made Keith Worthing tumble down.

daysix10.jpg

In an elegant series of motion Panda threw Bridget Darwin to the ground and busted Kylan Ise's kneecap. Keith had toppled over Casey Roswell, and Colette LeMans tried to help the men up.Vanya Livny saw it best to just run away screaming.

daysix11.jpg

By the time Mr. Crusoe had managed to push himself through the crowd, Panda had split. Mr. Crusoe cursed and dashed after her.

daysix12.jpg

He chased Panda all the way to the beach and up the side of a cliff.

daysix13.jpg

Mr. Crusoe told Panda that there was nowhere to run. Panda just screamed back that she would not allow her head to be put on a pole like the others had.

daysix14.jpg

So she stepped over the ledge...

daysix15.jpg

...and dove into the ocean. Mr. Crusoe swore again.

daysix16.jpg

Out of a sudden, a mighty sea monster leaped out of the water in front of his eyes, with Panda on its jaws. The legend was true after all! Mr. Crusoe was convinced that the island itself had turned on the Mafia goons for breaking the peace and harmony.

daysix17.jpg

Night fell as Mr. Crusoe made his way to the others. He told them only that Panda was gone now, and they should all go to their beds. They would sort this out in the morning.

The remaining six guests returned to their bungalows with only one thought in their minds: what would happen next?