timmorgan

Where do you keep your Minifigures?

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I've got quite a small but growing collection of LEGO Minifigures now with all of series 2,3,4 and some of the vintage collection packs and I was wondering where you store them?

I personally like to have them on display to look at but it's starting to bother me that they get dusty so quickly and easily being where they are on the top of my bookcase.

Sometime in the near future I would very much like to have some kind of perspex wall display for them but that's not happening yet and I probably won't bother with the cases which only hold 15 minifigs, what do you do?

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Spare video game shelf.

shelf.jpg

Series 4 isn't available locally but there's plenty of room.

I take them to bed with me... :grin: eh, not really... :look: They just keep all my other minifigures company in my pink LEGO bucket, except the vintage ones I still keep in their cool display box.

I don't plan to have this as my permanent solution, but at the moment I'm keeping them in these $10 LEGO-licensed plastic project cases some of you may have seen in LEGO Stores and perhaps a few other stores. These are the ones made by Isis under LEGO licensing (they have both companies' logos molded into the top of the case), with minifigure heads printed on the tops of the hinged lids, and come with green 32x32 baseplates. I'm using a yellow case for Series 1, a red one for Series 2 (I don't have a blue one yet) and a green one for Series 3. I've just started getting Series 4 (just completed a set yesterday, but plan to get many additional duplicates, of course) and I only have three of these cases, so my Series 4 figures are in the yellow case with Series 1 at the moment (I may pick up a blue case and move the S2 figures to that, and then put S4 in the red, the closest match I've seen on these cases for the orange S4 packaging - are these cases available in orange, I wonder?). All three cases also have a few other miscellaneous small promo items, Pick-A-Brick elements, etc. rolling around in them, but the minifigures are reasonably organized on the baseplates in the cases.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Ironicly or not I keep them in a Wiifit coolbox and soon it will be too small.

I havent had time yet to find a real spot for them, but as soon as I get the time, I plan to clear off part of my bookshelf in my room and put them on there.

Mine have a shelf in my book/dvd case.

S8304247.jpg

At some point I'd like to build the stands in the correct colours for the packaging but I don't own any orange or lime green 2x4 bricks never mind the 41 that I'd need.

D

I keep them with all my other minifigs in press-lock bags sorted by profession/type in a big drawer among all the other drawers full of Lego. I'm sure that at some point I'll have some on display but I don't have the shelf space right now.

I put my minifigs that aren't on display in small ziploc bags, and then I store them in a tin box. The ones on display are stored in a arcylic case.

I keep my minifigs (not just the collectible ones, but all of them) in plastic popcorn buckets from the movie theatre. I have my minifigs split up in different buckets, so I have OT Star Wars in one bin, PT in another, CW in another, and so on. It works pretty well, except I have like 7 buckets sitting around.

I've got individual ones out on a shelf with some other small sets, and the duplicates are in a small set of draws until I get them on eBay.

I keep all (except those still in their boxes) in stow'n'go boxes by plano.

the model is this one with 3 rows x 6 and each space perfectly hold a minifig.

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

edit: add link

Edited by mrblue

I keep my collectibles (including two mods) in a bookshelf, guarded by my MOC'ed Mech^^.

All 217 of my collectable fig's has their own 2 x 3 inch ziploc bag to store the fig, accessory and paper insert.

Like so. This is some of my series 1.

5707608290_83525946bf_z.jpg

How very nice and organized, Big Cam. :wub:

Mine just sit on top of one of my 44-drawer bins.

How very nice and organized, Big Cam. :wub:

Mine just sit on top of one of my 44-drawer bins.

I'm a little anal about collecting, so this keeps me happy, plus when I finally decide to sell our trade some of my extras they will be easy to ship and sort. Plus I can feel good when I say they are brand new, just opened and placed directly into a bag.

Funny... I just posted this is a technic thread on keeping MOCs clean...

5449221903_fd440d7fa5.jpg

DSCF0304 by FredJH, on Flickr

So... these are my "display" CMFs, and I have four of those cases now, and put 20 in each case (three rows of 7-6-7). That works out EXACTLY to 80 for the "original" five series of CMFs (although we know there's more coming now).

Other categories: CMFs for trading are mostly still sealed an in plastic "shoebox" size bins, sorted into complete sets. CMFs that I use for MOCs and just playing around are sealed like Big Cam's, only without the paper insert, of which I only saved a few. Other figures that came with sets usually stay with the sets, whether on display or packed away, and the miscellaneous ones that I've gotten over the years stay with my "play" CMFs, although only the "special" ones get their own baggies.

At the moment the collectable ones are sitting on the lounge window-sill, grouped by series, and the non-collectable ones are everywhere. There's at least one on my computer desk (possibly more, but I daren't disturb the piles of junk to investigate) and two on my husband's.

I have a dream of one day owning a glass-fronted display case thing for my Lego, but I think it might be a while!

Since I don't collect any collectable minifig and nearly all are for playing with or to store & forget, I use a large tub for minifigs (and separate tub for loose minifig utensils, weapons, accessories, and separate one for animals) The entire minifig collection I have that goes back to late 1970's fill a large tub (2 gal size, or about 7.6 liters) with 1 quart (0.9 liter) for accessories, 1 quart for weapons, 2 quarts (1.9 liters) for animals. Those dragons from late 1990's to early 2000's takes up a lot of spaces.

The only thing I have that are considered collectable and worth keeping separate is the sealed shadow arf trooper I got free last week. From the sound, many who ordered online didn't get it because of unexpectedly high demand for these minifig.