Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Six

Cameron, Booker, you guys are ignoring all the solid arguments I made.

It seems scum does know some town roles, which could well mean they know how to frame me. So, Cameron and booker want to sacrifice one of the few townies left with a night ability to test it.

Booker's case against me only has one true fact, that he got a scum reading on me. The rest is 100% wrong.

On the contrary, we have been endlessly debating your arguments in the light of the one undeniable fact: that you have been investigated and found to be a member of the Demon Legion. Because we found it hard to believe the result, we asked you to watch someone last night, to see if they were targeted, while we asked Kenda to follow you to see whom you targeted.

You were unable to tell us the answer - you said because your night action was unsuccessful - so you took a guess. Why did you take a guess? And, fortunately for you, Kenda was killed last night. Which brings me onto this:

I'll be mostly too busy to counter any false theories by the end of the day, so I'll leave you, my beautiful, fellow townies, with this: Booker has an info leak. That leak may get me lynched. If and when my justice-loving town blood gets spilt, Booker must reveal who he's been spilling things to, or else you'll have to face the unthinkable: that he could have been recruited. This is not a revenge statement, it's been genuinely perplexing how he ignored the flaws in his argument.

As I said earlier, we have no way of knowing who else Kenda told of her ability. And I've considered the other possibility, but various things which are against the rules to quote have given me reason to believe Booker can be trusted.

Please keep in mind, we're under no obligation to lynch unless God says so.

I'll let Gilbert answer that one:

It must also be reminded that in the absence of a conviction, the Demon Legion may be gifted with additional powers. This is not something we want. Or maybe that's why some people remain silent right now: for them, it's a win-win situation.

Moreover, the lynch vote is our only weapon against the scum. We must use it. And I repeat, surely it is better to act on a known investigation result than to trust to pure chance on a random conviction. Unless, that is, anyone wants to launch a vote on that tree stump over there.

As for 'God', well he's, as we know by now, deliriously inconsistent, playing dice with the universe, as Einstein said.

He informed me along with my night results, and I contacted Booker and his partner first to try to keep this mess under control.

Such inconsistency is surprising to me. What would be more likely is that you have the ability to know when you have been targeted, and perhaps by whom. You may have been informed by God that someone has targeted you, perhaps even investigated you. Knowing that, you went to Booker to explain what you knew would be a shocker. Does my version make more sense?

Moreover, the lynch vote is our only weapon against the scum. We must use it. And I repeat, surely it is better to act on a known investigation result than to trust to pure chance on a random conviction. Unless, that is, anyone wants to launch a vote on that tree stump over there.

Since I accused Kendra to at least six living players and a number of dead ones, no, he didn't confess anything to me. The only villager further from me ws Felix.

But, I thank you for showing me a loophole in God's law;

vote: tree stump

Let's teach that tree stump a lesson about overstaying his welcome, while at the same time giving Helen a chance without incurring some 'bonus' to the demon legion.

Such inconsistency is surprising to me. What would be more likely is that you have the ability to know when you have been targeted, and perhaps by whom. You may have been informed by God that someone has targeted you, perhaps even investigated you. Knowing that, you went to Booker to explain what you knew would be a shocker. Does my version make more sense?

If it was legal, I'd share the PM with you. I have the ability to tell who targeted someone, and I told who targeted Booker (I was debating between following Booker or myself, and went with him, since people were more convinced he's town). I'd tell who they were, but one was Esk, the second a person I'm convinced is town, who I won't reveal for obvious reasons.

16.jpg

The tree stump has spontaneously combusted. All votes cast against the tree stump will not count. Anyone who voted for the tree stump does not need to un-vote it.

If it was legal, I'd share the PM with you. I have the ability to tell who targeted someone, and I told who targeted Booker (I was debating between following Booker or myself, and went with him, since people were more convinced he's town). I'd tell who they were, but one was Esk, the second a person I'm convinced is town, who I won't reveal for obvious reasons.

Weren't there three persons targeting Booker that night?

16.jpg

The tree stump has spontaneously combusted. All votes cast against the tree stump will not count. Anyone who voted for the tree stump does not need to un-vote it.

And now I can officially declare megablocks against this game.

God's Law doesn't allow for loopholes! :hmpf:

Weren't there three persons targeting Booker that night?

No, 'God's a megablocking moron, and told me that Edgar also targeted Booker, then a day later, after I'd coordinated my stuff with my 'allies', he told me he'd ducked up and Edgar hadn't targeted him. But he can't verify this, because it will megabluck up the game or something. Not that he didn't megabluck things up 10 minutes ago with that tree stump thing.

But, since I am the hippo that I am, I'm not going to bitch at 'God' for weeks after it's over, though it's obvious that he's utterly ducked my role at this point. I trust he'll be kissing my megablocks for a year after this out of sheer guilt.

Yeah, wait till it's over. It'll all "make sense."

'God' is quite obviously trying to megabluck up his own game in a new way; I won't respect it. Once again,

vote: tree stump

making up new rules mid-vote is crap. In other words, I am Sparticus! (google is your friend, kids :wink: )

:look: ... That was an interesting life for the tree stump. Sorry, I've lost my train of thought...

Vote:Helen Hippo/def.

It's no secret that I've been suspicious of your revival from the start, and as I said earlier, seeing Lauren and Felix (who confessed anyway :sceptic: ) convicted could be part of your 'long con'. But nether the less, I'd like to thank you for helping us be rid of those two.

Time is running low, I should know, because I'm the watchmaker. We have no other leads we can follow, and we'd learn more if we convict Helen today than if we convicted some random person. Cameron rings up good points about this.

Sorry, dear, but I hope they're right and you get what you deserve: Vote: Helen Hippo (def)

And that settles that for the tree stump...

:look: ... That was an interesting life for the tree stump. Sorry, I've lost my train of thought...

Vote:Helen Hippo/def.

Good call mindy, you're now an all-star :sadnew: (Peanuts, that's for you :wink: )

SPLAT!

The Baker and his wife were crushed, but not as crushed as the frog was.

"This isn't The Book of the Demon Legion, anyway." Daxia explained, "It's called Werewolf. There's this character I love named Harriet. But, there's a really stupid Werewolf in the first chapter."

Meanwhile, Booker Bear was taking a stroll in the forest and paused to take a piss on a tree stump.

Oh no that evil bitch squished our frog friend (I do however love her sense of humor :laugh: ).

Oh no that evil bitch squished our frog friend (I do however love her sense of humor :laugh: ).

Evil finds loopholes :look:

You too Bruno. I hope some of those voting for me are scum, otherwise I'll lose a lot of respect for a lot of people...

Are you going to be having an opinion on the more important issue at hand as well? :hmpf_bad:

Helen, I'm not at all convinced of you being a member of the Demon Legion, but you also have to face that the only solid piece of evidence we have so far is the investigation result against you. And you're right, the rest of Booker's 'evidence' is guesswork at best.

But so far, we've been consistently following up on the evidence that was collected: the investigation of Lazlo, which lead us to convict Lauren and the killing of Benji coupled with the tracking of Sheldon lead us to convict Sheldon. There also isn't a real alternative for today and a random death and giving the Demon Legion even more nightly powers (as Marcellus told us on day 2, should a conviction not be reached) is not something to look forward to.

So with a heavy hart I will have to...

Vote: Helen Hippo (def)

I hope this conviction will allow us to make some sense of the puzzling situation we're facing. :sceptic:

Are you going to be having an opinion on the more important issue at hand as well? :hmpf_bad:

Sure I have an opinion about this whole matter. I just haven't shared it with everyone because it doesn't contribute anything new to the story. I find it very hard to vote against Helen because I'm not sure she truly is Demon Legion. On the other hand I want a conviction today as it is our only way of elimination scum.

So without further ado I vote:

Helen Hippo (def)

And I honestly hope we're not making a big mistake by doing so...

I don't know what to think. On the one hand, Helen has supported the town in the past. On the other, Booker claims to have a solid investigation result.

There will probably not be any other evidence shared today, and thus the choice comes down to convict Helen or not vote. If there's even a slim chance that Helen is scum, it's better to have a conviction today than give the demon worshippers more power by not convicting.

So, though I'm not absolutely sure of her guilt, I must Vote: Helen Hippo (def). I'm sorry Helen. We may not have always gotten along, but I hope you understand.

I trust Booker, but I'm not convinced of Helen's guilt. I realize that if she is Demon Legion, it'll look suspicious on part, but I don't want to be one to convict another townie. :sceptic:

I don't feel I can justify a vote against Helen. I was planning on voting for the tree stump, but it seems we can't vote for charcoal, so...

Well, I really don't want to not reach a conviction. I don't want the Demon Legion to gain more power and I don't want another townie night kill...

Unless... what if the Crow only comes when a conviction isn't reached? I'd personally be willing to hold my vote to find that out. This crow is driving me crazy, I swear... :wacko:

I feel as if this is the right thing to do today. Only a conviction will get us somewhere, and I'd honestly not rather test the crow theory if it means one of use will most likely be killed.

Sorry if you're innocent, but we need to keep moving forward.

Well, it's Looking a little grim for li'l Helen Hippo. Bad reasoning on supposed townies parts. Kill a definite townie with abilities versus maybe having a crow visit. Total face palm here.

I will rest easy knowing that the reasons for voting me are all wrong, while all I have been saying is all right. I have worked tirelessly to illuminate this situation, while being stabbed in the back by supposed allies, and even screwed over by a sloppy and poorly organized God. I predict, when this is all over, a monument in my honor will be erected in the square, so those remaining can look at my smiling face everyday, and feel the weight of these irrational votes, the scummy guilt washing over you, not to mention the humiliation that those demonic scumbags have pulled the wool over your eyes. I will have truly earned my rightful title as Towniest of Town.

And I trust those remaining will jab Booker with a pointed stick until he gives a decent explanation... Which there is none.

Unless I don't get convicted today, in which case, forget all that. :blush:

I will like to believe and trust you... but given the investigation result shared by someone via Booker is one thing we could believe in. Booker has emphasised a few times earlier and he have no strong reasons of doubting the findings.. I really hope there is no demonic framer hiding among us... which cause us to sow discord among the inner circle... I will be glad to unvote if we have another stronger lead to follow.

For now together with a heavy heart, I will follow the rest and cast my vote too.

I will like to believe and trust you... but given the investigation result shared by someone via Booker is one thing we could believe in. Booker has emphasised a few times earlier and he have no strong reasons of doubting the findings.. I really hope there is no demonic framer hiding among us... which cause us to sow discord among the inner circle... I will be glad to unvote if we have another stronger lead to follow.

For now together with a heavy heart, I will follow the rest and cast my vote too.

Sometimes Edgar, you trust your senses. Look through all the communications we've had over the days since my 'death' and try to find something scummy in it. You won't find it.

I'll add your name to the list of townies who have been duped.