img_3471.png

img_3474.jpg

img_3475.jpg

img_3477.jpg

img_3478.jpg

img_3479.jpg

img_3480.jpg

img_3483.jpg

One day when I was wondering what to build I thought I'd make something to put my Hazard suit guys on. I started with working on the creature that is now breaking out. He's one of my favorite little guys so far. :wub: I had also recently acquired some of the 9-volt Lego parts so I wanted to include them here as well. I think this took me about a week to build.

Built March 2011

Flickr

Video - Showing the lights, turning fan, and sound!

Brickshelf (when moderated)

I love it, Masked Builder! I especially like the flashing red lights. The really add to the atmosphere. I get the feeling that these guys are cleaning up someone else's mess, and this is not what they thought they signed up for! :look:

Pretty neat work MB! Great job on the overall smooth finish of the walls and the floor, and I really like the use of the trans-lime bubbles to encapsulate the 'infected monsters'. And an ever better job on the power functions of this build. Excellently done I must say! :thumbup:

Excellent build!

I love the broken glass and the green goo. The red lights totally ad realism, it is really efficient. It's too bad the fan's motor makes so much noise, but that's not your fault.

It's a perfect sci-fi scene for me! :thumbup:

May I borrow your little bug's design for later MOCs?

Awesome, loving the power functions, the lights, the fan and the noise, hehe :laugh:

I like the creature too and the goo and broken glass NPU :thumbup:

Good job on this one :sweet:

Love the bug design! I bought the Pharaoh Quest Scarab set the other day, but yours looks much better, I think.

Overall, it's awesome, I thought about something similar. Don't you think the mad scientist would fit in there, too?

Awesome scene, Masked Builder. Sweet little bug creature and great use of the army men MF stands for a trail. And for some reason I love your surveillance camera design.

Also, a great combination of modern day power functions and ancient light and sound bricks.

PM

Thanks everyone! This is my best MOC so far this year.

May I borrow your little bug's design for later MOCs?

Sure that's fine!

Love the bug design! I bought the Pharaoh Quest Scarab set the other day, but yours looks much better, I think.

Overall, it's awesome, I thought about something similar. Don't you think the mad scientist would fit in there, too?

He would work quite well. Though I never thought about it. :tongue:

What a great build :thumbup:

The broken container and trail are sweet. The power fuctions are a bonus on top of this already great MOC.

The one thing I would have done is placed dark green plate under the first grill/drain where the slime trail meets it...... but I'm a bit retarded that way, it may not have been noticeable.

Awesome stuff!

Great job, Masked! Great work on the facility itself. Did you intend for the fan to spin that slowly? Because I think it would look better with is whirling around really fast. Bevel gears instead of the screw, for starters.

I have one of those fan/blade things. I was wondering if there was any way to attach the piece to an axle and make it turn well (right now if you put the blade on an axle and add a motor, it spins, but if you tough the blade it stops spinning. The only way I can think of solving this is to add a rubber wheel. The rubber will add friction. But this is too bulky, is there any better way??? Btw great build, many great techniques.

I have one of those fan/blade things. I was wondering if there was any way to attach the piece to an axle and make it turn well (right now if you put the blade on an axle and add a motor, it spins, but if you tough the blade it stops spinning. The only way I can think of solving this is to add a rubber wheel. The rubber will add friction. But this is too bulky, is there any better way??? Btw great build, many great techniques.

Use a 3L Technic axle with stud on the end. The stud will provide sufficient friction to keep the fan spinning if you insert it into the pin hole of said fan.

Nice use of the hazard suits! The bug design and the trail of goo are nice, as are the werewolf and mummy in containment cells. The broken glass is cool as it looks like the wee beastie has just smashed through! This is really good Masked Builder!

Edited by Scorpiox

At first I thought that this was cool, but a little bland. But when I saw the functions, I knew this was a great MOC.

Nice job. :thumbup:

Love the functions of light and real spinning fan. And ofcource a good way of using the Hazemat Guy(s).

Great build, great job!!

Thanks everyone!

Great job, Masked! Great work on the facility itself. Did you intend for the fan to spin that slowly? Because I think it would look better with is whirling around really fast. Bevel gears instead of the screw, for starters.

I did actaully. My thought was that there was a small breeze in there. (don't ask me where it came from :grin: )

Use a 3L Technic axle with stud on the end. The stud will provide sufficient friction to keep the fan spinning if you insert it into the pin hole of said fan.

What he said. :tongue: