278 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

It's a fun build - and I love the truck! :thumbup:

Not so fun when you get to the final wheel assembly on the engine and find out you are missing (2) 1x6 plates. :(

When my PF components arrive next week, will I even need the second wheel assembly?

But yes, the truck is great! And the cargo containers look good too!

Edited by markz68

Not so fun when you get to the final wheel assembly on the engine and find out you are missing (2) 1x6 plates. :(

When my PF components arrive next week, will I even need the second wheel assembly?

But yes, the truck is great! And the cargo containers look good too!

yes the pf will replace most of the wheel assembly as posted in the instructions at the end of book two, you still need a few parts of the buffer assembly though. Maybe you can borrow a couple from somewhere else. Are they just to hold the 4x6 plate on top, you should be able to use almost anything to replace those, even the spare 1x1 transparent round plates should be enough just to hold it in place.

yes the pf will replace most of the wheel assembly as posted in the instructions at the end of book two, you still need a few parts of the buffer assembly though. Maybe you can borrow a couple from somewhere else. Are they just to hold the 4x6 plate on top, you should be able to use almost anything to replace those, even the spare 1x1 transparent round plates should be enough just to hold it in place.

The pieces I am missing are from step 8 on page 62 of instruction book 1 and step 2 on page 63 of instruction book 1.

Looks like those pieces need to be 6 long to span across a space as opposed to being filler in the middle somewhere.

The pieces I am missing are from step 8 on page 62 of instruction book 1 and step 2 on page 63 of instruction book 1.

Looks like those pieces need to be 6 long to span across a space as opposed to being filler in the middle somewhere.

the black ones, they are also used with the motor so you will be needing to get some replacements

Did anyone else had a second stickersheet in this set? I was just wondering, when i found two sheets in the box :oh:

Did anyone else had a second stickersheet in this set? I was just wondering, when i found two sheets in the box :oh:

You're just lucky ! :tongue:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Built mine last week, great build had loads of fun, wanst gunna use the stickers but eithout them there's a huge grey tile on each side that looks awful!! So i used most of them, the only one's I didnt use are the front and rear one's as they span multiple bricks and it looks fine without them,

real impressed and she has a 9v motor underneath, I've not yet run her but intend to, thanks lego.

Just picked up 2 of these while I was in Texas last week! Built one of them yesterday once I got back to Australia and was really impressed! Really enjoyed building the set and just by changing some of the colours there are some great opportunities for different railroads!

sorry for the bump but I was admiring this in the local lego store.

How cost-effective is it to buy all the PF parts separately, plus some track - Vs just buying eg the passenger/cargo train set which has all of that included (plus the bonus of another train to build).

I have a technics battery pack and IR receiver/transmitter, so would I just need the train motor and train transmitter for speed control? Or is the battery box different to fit in the maersk?

The battery box for trains is the new, smaller one - uses 6 AAA batteries rather than the 6 AA of the Technic battery box. You want this one: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-AAA-Battery-Box-88000

Also, you'd need the Train Motor (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-Train-Motor-88002) and Speed Remote (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-IR-Speed-Remote-Control-8879)

All total, that's about $40 in stuff, plus track. Keep in mind though, if you did buy the passenger train set, you're only getting 1 battery box and 1 motor in there. you can run multiple trains with one speed remote, but you'd want to get another motor and battery box so you can run both trains I suspect.

Has this set been released at retail in Australia? Or just from Shop at Home?

So far as I know only through shop at home, and a few retailers who must be importing themselves, so their prices are above the RRP because of extra shipping. Bricks to the world have it for $229.95 for example.

Finally jumped in. Amazon Italy had it discounted to 84 euro so couldn't resist. Also ordered some PF items from bricklink (basic battery box, transmitter and train motor). I already have a few IR receivers from my technic sets.

Can someone tell me how many studs long the train is when built? I'd like to display it on a section of track on a shelf and I need to know how much to order.

Edited by mrklaw

I hope you intend to use it mrklaw, otherwise those PF parts will go to waste! It's 2½ straights per carriage and 3 for the engine, for a total of 8, with a tiny bit of extra.

I hope you intend to use it mrklaw, otherwise those PF parts will go to waste! It's 2½ straights per carriage and 3 for the engine, for a total of 8, with a tiny bit of extra.

Going to do a bit of each. I don't have space to have a layout up permanently, but I will want the train on display when it's not running.

Thanks for the measurements.

Does anyone know if this train will go through 10027 Train Engine Shed?

Does anyone know if this train will go through 10027 Train Engine Shed?

Yes, the Maersk loco fits perfectly in the train shed

Really?? I've found it'll go in, but it won't go through. At least that has been my experience with the two sets. I can park the locomotive most of the way in the shed, but I cannot drive it in one end and and out the other. Not without modification anyway. There are two pieces that will hit, I forget exactly which off the top of my head, and both sets are taken apart at the moment. Pretty sure it's this piece on the engine, it sticks out sideways from the section between the bogies/trucks (I'm not sure what the official name for that part of a locomotive is), and I believe the sideways studs hit something that is a little too close to the tracks in the shed.

Edited by domboy