Darth Yogi

LEGO Pirate Photography

ahh the perfect thread to showcase my recent photo project

6839298831_ab7278f7fb_b.jpg

6839288453_a70cbc0102_b.jpg

6839288023_e962a591fb_b.jpg

6839287021_20a87abff4_b.jpg

6839287461_b7ab0e507d_b.jpg

Looks awesome. I have a quite similar project going on. But I still haven't got the 6277, which is essential for a classic landscape.

Please post more pictures. Would be highly appreciated.

Wow! He has quite the head of hair doesn't he? :laugh:

How does he keep it so well maned under that hat?

^I was wondering the same thing.

:laugh: I think that the bicorne is bigger enough!, or at least, Roger knows about a coconut-based hair s-s-s-s-spray!

ahh the perfect thread to showcase my recent photo project

6839298831_ab7278f7fb_b.jpg

Okay now this one is great. It should be featured on the blog.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

alwayslookbehindyou800.jpg

Here's my very first attempt at shooting Lego. I've just bought a reflex to learn photography and I'm trying some stuff to get used to it... For this one I've been very lucky : I've put my hand in front of the flash and some light has slipped through my fingers... I'm quite happy with the result :)

Great shot! What made you put your hand in the photo? Is that an actual photography technique?

Great shot! What made you put your hand in the photo? Is that an actual photography technique?

Not really, I'm a real noobie and have just been very lucky. This sure isn't a photography technique :laugh:

Not really, I'm a real noobie and have just been very lucky. This sure isn't a photography technique :laugh:

Your technique is no technique! :wink:

Nice job. You have discovered the fingers grid flash lighting technique. :laugh:

Hi there,

On a recent hiking trip in Point Lobos, California, I took some photos of my minifigures in their "natural habit." Only a few of them turned out well, so I figured this would be the best place to post them rather than making a separate topic.

9144476621_9e46e5723c_z.jpg

9144470397_aa423efa30_z.jpg

9144473553_d5c905978a_z.jpg

Check out the full gallery on Flickr for more photos and larger versions of these ones.

Enjoy!

Inky

I'm not sure if this belongs in here, but I started a little side project whilst collecting crew for my ship of the line. Here is the first of a series of scenes from Master and Commander:

9410793323_93f4327c19_c.jpg

It's a challenge to recreate anything in Lego, even more so combining it with photography! More scenes to follow. Hope you enjoy!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Very nice! Pictures like this certainly have a place in this thread. When you're making a whole series I wouldn't even mind if you made a seperate topic for it. And of course you could still put a link in this thread.

Isn't this the scene where they are talking about "the wonderful voice Mr Hollum possesses?" :pir-classic:

You forgot to give Aubrey his cup of coffee though. But never mind. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Nice, friend-ish friendly scenes! And the 'Queer Anne's Revenge' making port... Pretty ship, btw, the more pink and purple you added the better she got. Love the idea!

Thanks for sharing!

Here a few special effect pictures.

First up, the water on the trampoline to get the outside blackseas effect.

9DEB231D-1A00-480C-B434-46C00D4261FF.jpg

Second, is white poster board background with blue paper covered with clear blue wrapping plastic to get the wave a reflection. Also shadowed corners to give the looking through telescope effect.

90726519-B470-40FC-B9D6-96A399C33D7F.jpg

Next up, the on board cell phone shots, great for getting up close and down low.

B13030F8-4CFA-4704-8D50-7DB84F8B32FF.jpg

FE62616C-8055-4520-9DA2-4A4397927D62.jpg

Nice effects! Especially love the light and the atmosphere in the second picture. Well done!

Keep them pics coming!

Best regards,

KB