Darth Yogi

LEGO Pirate Photography

Very nice shot! The lighting is great on this one, it looks very natural like the minifig sun is just off to the left.

Very nice shot! The lighting is great on this one, it looks very natural like the minifig sun is just off to the left.

That's my window reflecting off The Captain's Daughter. I only have about three weeks of sun light left. I'll have to try and get one with all three musketeers while I still can. It gets dark here before I can take advantage of the natural light.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

That's my window reflecting off The Captain's Daughter. I only have about three weeks of sun light left. I'll have to try and get one with all three musketeers while I still can. It gets dark here before I can take advantage of the natural light.

Out of curiosity do you live in Alaska? If not, then what do you mean by "three weeks of sunlight"?

Nice pic though!

~Cpt. Tristan

I said about three left. We are havining an indian summer here in northwest Indiana. The good light is gone around 11:27 a.m. After that the shadows are really long.

Then it will be grey here for about eight months.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

(I know I'm bumping this old thread, but I felt that my content best fits here)

I recently took a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii, and I spent some time taking photos of Lego Pirates in their "natural habitat". Here's the result!

6608635989_983934a2eb.jpg

6608637679_96fd5004fd.jpg

6608647195_1836453617.jpg

6608645747_ddf1ef7143.jpg

6608641429_1084c612c7.jpg

Check out the full size images (and a few extras) in my Photostream and let me know what you think!

Lovely pictures Inconspicuous! Looks like you had fun on your trip. :pir-classic: The first and last are my favorites - the waterfall in the first is just gorgeous (and the islander looks right at home), and the scenery of the last is perfectly minifig-scaled and reminds me of the Galapagos scenes in Master and Commander. Thanks for sharing.

Redcoat Invasion:

6099819217_4d4e042bbe_z.jpg

Row faster, fool!

24 soldiers. :pir-grin:

wow, how did I ever manage to miss this, awesome ! :pir-sweet:

I LOVE the Pirates in Hawaii pictures. They're too good not to share, so expect them to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

TC

Oh Go*!

Would like to have so much redcoats!

Now need to go photograph my new pirate sigfig...

P.S.: I have 3 basic redcoats and 1 "admiral" (that "officier" in POTC London Escape)

badly cant find him...

Here's my pirate sigfig (just need a name)

1326584911m_THUMB.jpg

Edited by The WarMocer

Thanks for featuring my photos on the blog, TalonCard!

Somehow I forgot to upload one of my favorite photos with the rest, so with no further ado, my final Islander picture. :kahuka:

6753375867_3e0a58430c.jpg

Enjoy!

I went to Fuerteventura, one of the Canary Islands, for a winter holiday, and our hotel was located in a national park, meaning lots of unspoilt sand-dunes to wander about in, looking for nice shots with my POTC The Mill figures:

6785595371_39fe0313f6_b.jpg

A forlorn Norrington in the desert

6785595461_8f685efdf0_b.jpg

Will Turner takes on Hadras

6785595535_290048cf7b_b.jpg

The compass isn't helping Jack here, he's completely lost!

6785595621_f1cc7d1400_b.jpg

A cheerier Norrington explores a rock formation

I also took a boat (from the Loot Island set) and tried putting it in the sea. For some reason I loaded the thing up with minifigs as well as the chest containing the heart of Davy Jones. Very difficult to take good pics, but there were a couple which showed the waves off quite nicely. I was worried for Jack and Will's safety!

6785595761_760d0c0745_b.jpg

6785595801_e51ae44a09_b.jpg

For more pics from other locations, check out my Flickr page.

Thanks for looking!

Nice photos everyone, Here's one from me. A mini blue coat with a BA proto as a musket.

6905007251_ae942366ee_z.jpg

Edit- spelling error

Edited by Darth Yogi

I got engaged this past weekend. I had to put the ring somewhere for a little bit to keep it safe, so I gave it to this pirate. :pir-classic:

7003949243_5b93f9d2f9_b.jpg

Be careful with that! Pirates aren't the most reliable persons :pirate:

But indeed it's a nice picture. And congratulations with your engagement!

halfpenguinhalflego, that's also a nice picture. Funny to see this character in the mud for a change, instead of on a beach.

I got engaged this past weekend. I had to put the ring somewhere for a little bit to keep it safe, so I gave it to this pirate. :pir-classic:

7003949243_5b93f9d2f9_b.jpg

Couldn't be in better hands!

Congratulations! :pir-wink:

(I know I'm bumping this old thread, but I felt that my content best fits here)

I recently took a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii, and I spent some time taking photos of Lego Pirates in their "natural habitat". Here's the result!

Very nice! I particularly like the one with the boat in the water and the one with the shovel

I need practice getting my background out of focus when its only 2 feet or so behind the moc. That being said I was happy with the composition. No post editting on this except for cropping and the signature. It was taken in the kids paddling pool under a tree in the garden with some dry ice in the water.

skellie_photo_800.jpg