Sign in to follow this  
alienwar9

City WIP: Sidewalks

LXF

city-sidewalk-parts.jpg

Here is the stuff I was working on yesterday (that wasn't saved) that I had to remake.

Some stuff is not my design, but I don't know who designed them (I just have pictures). Most I made myself, and then there is just random pieces that are grouped that will be used in my city.

This is basically most/all the items I will be using for my city on the sidewalks and alleyways. Some designs are in multiple forms; please let me know which ones you like best :sweet:

Items:

• light posts
  • street lights
  • garbage bins
  • dumpsters
  • bus stops
  • newspaper boxes
  • railings and walls
  • plant enclosures
  • fences
  • benches
  • wheelchair :tongue:
  • construction markers
  • parking meter
  • city sidewalk bars
  • bicycle rack
  • mail boxes
  • plants

Hope you enjoy! (Tips and ideas are definitely welcome!!)

Youre some kind of LDD geek or nerd arent ya? :laugh: This is just awesome. Im gonna check the file tomorrow, because ill have to go to sleep now (Its midnight and i have awaking to school at 6:20 AM) Great work whit this, the wheel chair sounds awesome.

Captain Becker

Very nice work. :classic:

But just because of your reputation, I must ask before I download: How many pieces? :laugh:

But just because of your reputation, I must ask before I download: How many pieces? :laugh:

Don`t worry. LDD shows "only" 1513 pieces. :wink:

Great job, alienwar9 (as always). My favorites are the different light posts.

The only thing, I don't understand is:

Why do some traffic lights have 5 lamps?

Edited by Nebsirob

Don`t worry. LDD shows "only" 1513 pieces. :wink:

Oh, good. :sweet:

EDIT: Downloaded it without a problem. Great work with everything, alienwar!

Edited by Brickdoctor

@ Nebsirob: left turn signals :grin: Yeah, it's not exactly easy to make those obvious in Lego, especially in LDD (not that I can think of a way to do it in real life either). It's my way of adding realism. That is why my roads are dark gray, instead of black; and sidewalks are light gray.

@Brickdoctor: :laugh: I guess its probably a good thing I didn't include my road crossings!

@Captain Becker: I warn you ahead of time, if the wheelchair is what you are most looking forward to, it might be a little disappointing :laugh: I'd say I'm most proud of the dumpsters (nothing special, they just look cool), and the hanging plant light post (anything with chains is a pain). Oh, and yes, I love LDD :wub:

Thanks for all the kind words :cry_happy:

Thanks for the clarification.

I only knew these traffic lights with extra turn signals:

ampel.jpg

(The second color for the turn signal under the green one is either yellow or orange.)

In LEGO it would look like this:

ampel_2.jpg

Very well done city elements alienwar9! This looks like the updated versions of the older Town supplement sets, but in LDD form. This will be quite useful for those who want to add additional details on their town/city layouts.

@ Nebsirob: Alienwar9's version of the traffic signals are in compliance with the US Federal Highway Administration's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) 2009, Part 4, Figure 4D2. He has modelled a US city. I lived in Berlin, Germany for 3 years and recognize the style of traffic signals you have shown, but they are noncompliant in the USA.

mutcd2009w.jpgfig025b.gif

@ Nebsirob: Alienwar9's version of the traffic signals are in compliance with the US Federal Highway Administration's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) 2009, Part 4, Figure 4D2. He has modelled a US city. I lived in Berlin, Germany for 3 years and recognize the style of traffic signals you have shown, but they are noncompliant in the USA.

I do understand, that alienwar9 modelled a US city, and my post was no attempt to criticize or usurp his fantastic designs. :wink:

I just wanted to show the difference of the traffic lights, since this was the reason for my confusion.

After seeing the traffic lights in your link, I also see the difficulty, alienwar9 had in designing the arrangement of the signals in an obvious way (without the arrows).

Edited by Nebsirob

:oh: I had no idea I was complying with the US Federal Highway Administration :laugh:

Guess I better make sure my road signs comply when I add them! I was just going to use any Lego signs (a lot are not US style).

lightpost LXF

lightposts1.jpg

Here are the lightposts (plus some additional ones), numbered using 1x1 plates.

Vote on favorites? :grin:

Hard to see in picture, I know. Picture size limits :tongue:

They are all great. I think you could use many of them in you LDD MOC, just puting the older ones somewhere in the parks and some more modren ones somewhere else. I dont vote, but i specially dont like 1.

Captain Becker

Dear Alienwar9,

I know that this topic is quitte old but I was wondering which bricks you used for street light number 10, I like it! Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

Lucien